Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Code sports

Post Thanks / Like

Code sports

A while back Newscorp released a subscription service called CODE Sports. From what I can gather it is similar to The Athletic and designed to go deeper than just your stock standard articles.

Has anyone subscribed?

https://www.codesports.com.au/
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Code sports

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    A while back Newscorp released a subscription service called CODE Sports. From what I can gather it is similar to The Athletic and designed to go deeper than just your stock standard articles.

Has anyone subscribed?

https://www.codesports.com.au/
    Yes I have, after a good start it's now not as good as the Athletic in fact nowhere near it.
    I have just cancelled it. They offered it as a reduced subscription which I might consider.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Yes I have, after a good start it's now not as good as the Athletic in fact nowhere near it.
    I have just cancelled it. They offered it as a reduced subscription which I might consider.
    I wonder what their coverage will be like during the AFL season. I'm trying to reduce the number of streaming and subscription services and not increase them.
    But more and more I am wonder the value of subscribing to The Age for example when quite frankly their news reporting has gone down hill and maybe something like the CODE will provide more value as it should provide in depth coverage across a number of sporting codes.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I wonder what their coverage will be like during the AFL season. I'm trying to reduce the number of streaming and subscription services and not increase them.
    But more and more I am wonder the value of subscribing to The Age for example when quite frankly their news reporting has gone down hill and maybe something like the CODE will provide more value as it should provide in depth coverage across a number of sporting codes.
    I have to consider if dropping the Hun and keeping Code is a better option.
    It was too easy just to keep signing up for content but it's now time to reel it in.

Post Thanks / Like

It was too easy just to keep signing up for content but it's now time to reel it in.
    I don't read the Herald Sun for much the same reason I don't drink the water in the toilet bowl, that being it's often full of shit. I unsubscribed a bouple of years ago and I've barely noticed the loss. Unfortunately the Age is more and more going the same way.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes bornadog, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think with something like Code it needs to be really good to keep people signed up.
    A couple of the original articles were very interesting but it now seems to have very similar content to the HUN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't read the Herald Sun for much the same reason I don't drink the water in the toilet bowl, that being it's often full of shit. I unsubscribed a bouple of years ago and I've barely noticed the loss. Unfortunately the Age is more and more going the same way.
    This 100 times over
    Have never subscribed to any Newscorp
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I cancelled the HUN last year and find my Apple News + subscription gives me most of the Herald Sun content I would like.
    Outside of that, I have a 'Mongrel Punt' subscription (I think it's $6/month) for some opinion (though I wish they would do some player/coach based stories instead of making it ALL 'this is what I saw'. Overall I am very happy with the site though.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post