Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley reveals big clue on Bulldogs future

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more...?ocid=msedgntp

Josh Dunkley has given his strongest indication yet that he plans to remain with the Western Bulldogs once his current contract expires.

Dunkley is one of several big-name Bulldogs out of contract at the end of the season, including Bailey Smith, Tim English and free agents Jack Macrae, Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale.

The 25-year-old seems to have moved past his failed trade request to Essendon during the 2020 trade period, saying his re-invigorated happiness stems from the support he's received from the club.

"I think it's obvious. You watch me out here and around the footy club; everyone's really embraced me and it's been really positive," he said.

Josh Dunkley has given his strongest indication yet that he plans to remain with the Western Bulldogs once his current contract expires.

Dunkley is one of several big-name Bulldogs out of contract at the end of the season, including Bailey Smith, Tim English and free agents Jack Macrae, Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale.

The 25-year-old seems to have moved past his failed trade request to Essendon during the 2020 trade period, saying his re-invigorated happiness stems from the support he's received from the club.

"I think it's obvious. You watch me out here and around the footy club; everyone's really embraced me and it's been really positive," he said.

"I'm just happy. I was always happy – it was never an issue with that – but it's probably more just the way that I've been around the footy club and they've really embraced me.

"(That is) the main thing and I feel a part of it, which is good."

Dunkley's relationship with former Magpie Adam Treloar looks to have helped retain Dunkley, the tall midfielder admitting his thoughts had "definitely" changed in the time Treloar had been at the club.

"Adzy has been really good for me," he said.

"With the way things happened last year, and to be all together now; everything happens for a reason – I'm a big believer in that."

Before requesting a trade to the Bombers, Dunkley had a standout season in 2019, averaging more than 28 disposals and six tackles per match.

He polled 15 Brownlow votes with three best-on-ground performances, was runner-up in the Bulldogs' Charles Sutton Medal, and was also named in the All Australian squad of 40.

However, the Gippsland product has spent extended periods on the sidelines in recent years with an ankle and shoulder injury.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dunkley reveals big clue on Bulldogs future

Looks like Jeemak might have to try harder xD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Looks like Jeemak might have to try harder xD
    Shouldn't this be in the Trade Dunkley thread?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news if he signs up again
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.