Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned round 23 v Hawthorn in Tasmania on a Sunday for possibly the very last time this season

So for very possibly the last time this year (depending on the baby Cheeses) tell us three things you know now that you didn't know this morning.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned round 23 v Hawthorn in Tasmania on a Sunday for possibly the very last time this se

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned round 23 v Hawthorn in Tasmania on a Sunday for possibly the very last time this se

1. The hype is real with Darcy. Back him in to be 2nd ruck in 2023

2. It seems each week our defensive transition is getting worse and worse.

3. Our forward line today was wayyy to top heavy. Especially when Darcy was thrown forward.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

1. Defence held up today especially in the second half of the game.

2. We have to stop long bombing into the forward line as we should have kicked 20 today.

3. Darcy is going to be a player. How lucky are we with JUH and Darcy for the future
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Numbers I really like to see:

1. 24 F50 tackles to 4
    2. 49 clearances to 22
    3. 14 scoring shots conceded and 39 I50's conceded

Those sets of numbers will keep us in most games, especially in high pressure low scoring finals
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes bornadog, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Stories of Roarke's demise were grossly overtold

2. Dunkley is the best marking midfielder in the competition

3. Our younger talls are better than our older talls already
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes Dry Rot, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Roarke still has a future.
    2. Gunston could play the Cody role better than Cody.
    3. Marra to Darcy for a goal made me feel unnatural things.

Post Thanks / Like

1) MC know more than we do. Good on Bevo for selecting Roarke - a player with heart & guts & reasonable skill. That last set shot of his was ice in the veins stuff. He plays a team orientated game and looked ok out there. Was ok in GF too. Should not be dropped.
    2) Darcy - wow. vfl watchers won’t be surprised. Gives us more options with him potentially playing forward or back or pinch ruck (such a slight frame we might not allow him to ruck yet though).
    3) Treloar and Hunter are back in form. Both very good today.

11. Likes kruder, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our zone is close to the worst in the AFL, average teams cut through it like butter

2. Sam Darcy is doing exactly what it said on the tin. Delighted we’ve had a look in his first year

3. Going to be very hard to win finals with how difficult we find it every week to kick goals

13. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our zone will not hold up in finals..we need to tweak it and now

2. Our inability to either hold the ball in, or score from all our inside 50’s is a worry

3. Darcy is exceptional, already.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

1. The performance of Roarke Smith was an unexpected bonus
    2. The flexibility of Darcy to go forward and kick two goals was class.
    3. Richards continues to be our most improved player in another fine game

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. When I said we didn’t deserve to make finals and I wasn’t all that upset, at the moment Blues went 25 points up… I lied.

2. Sam Darcy as a forward will be a thrilling ride.

3. This group has struggled this year. I don’t really understand why. But now we’re there. And there is enough talent there to be much better than a lucky 8th. But even if we don’t go far in 22 we have an exciting core of young guys. We will jag another flag in this Bont era.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

I learned I shouldn't have doubted Darcy's ability to play forward without practise in the VFL. Guy is clearly talented enough that it doesn't matter to him

Post Thanks / Like

1. We don’t need Rory Lobb, we have Sam Darcy.
    2. Our young tall forward group is the most exciting cohort we have ever had.
    3. Treloar needs to play midfield.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Collingwood can find a new miraculous way to win every week

2. Collingwood can find a new miraculous way to win every week

3. Collingwood can find a new miraculous way to win every week

21. Likes josie, Bulldog4life liked this post