Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  29
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R5 2022

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    It really is, especially seeing Bombres fans beginning the Bronx cheers. Gee their midfield is poor. Not only will they be lucky to avoid bottom 4 but it’s hard to see where their next flag comes from
    Enough high draft picks and a decent coach they could morph into a Melbourne - sheesh. I’ll go wash my mouth out with soap and water.

Who is their midfield coach? Is it Gia? Hope not.

Post Thanks / Like

We just need to pray Dodoro remains long into the future.

3. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really rate Longmuir. Freo aren’t super talented but they defend the whole ground as well as any team in the AFL.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Really rate Longmuir. Freo aren’t super talented but they defend the whole ground as well as any team in the AFL.
    Agree. They've built that defence first turnover game and it's paying dividends.

Post Thanks / Like

When was the last time we have seen an Essendon team defend? I just don't get it, they have had a woeful team defence for years now.

I still remember after a 2017 final where the swans smashed them, they came out and said they needed more outside run! The swans mids smashed them at the contest and were running both ways at that point. They just never learn.

8. Likes bornadog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    When was the last time we have seen an Essendon team defend? I just don't get it, they have had a woeful team defence for years now.

I still remember after a 2017 final where the swans smashed them, they came out and said they needed more outside run! The swans mids smashed them at the contest and were running both ways at that point. They just never learn.
    A mate of mine called me after the game lamenting how badly his Bomber boys defend across the ground, and he fairly and squarely puts the heat on Heppel for not driving standards quite simply because he can't.

I think they probably need to get Kevin Sheedy more involved at the club. Oh wait, they've already done that, so they should probably now get a whole bunch of ex-players to come out and talk about how good Sheeds was......hang on, they continually do that.

We should get the skinny from 1ED as to whether his best mate Blake is disrupting things with his ambitions to coach a senior team.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post

I didn't see much of the game, however, in the 3/4 when Freo were doing what they like, Essendon players weren't even bothering chasing their opponents, they were really woeful.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I didn't see much of the game, however, in the 3/4 when Freo were doing what they like, Essendon players weren't even bothering chasing their opponents, they were really woeful.
    That's the thing with Essendon Bad you don't have to see the game, they continue to loose the same way. Carlton just now have woken up to the concept of defence obviously there more to it than that but intent is a big thing. I actually think Carltons best footy is second best ATM just a question can they do it for long enough. Harry and Charlie look the the new Buddy and Rough combo its a fair one wood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    A mate of mine called me after the game lamenting how badly his Bomber boys defend across the ground, and he fairly and squarely puts the heat on Heppel for not driving standards quite simply because he can't.

I think they probably need to get Kevin Sheedy more involved at the club. Oh wait, they've already done that, so they should probably now get a whole bunch of ex-players to come out and talk about how good Sheeds was......hang on, they continually do that.

We should get the skinny from 1ED as to whether his best mate Blake is disrupting things with his ambitions to coach a senior team.
    What they need is for Kevin Sheedy to invent another marquee game out of thin air for them to play in. That should do it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What they need is for Kevin Sheedy to invent another marquee game out of thin air for them to play in. That should do it.
    How long until the annual Climate Change Clash, played between Essendon and Hawthorn and brought to us by the likes of BP and Energy Australia.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes soupman, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good start by the hawks. 33-10 1st qtr. they have some lively players - Newcombe, Moore

Injury to their ruckman and don’t have a replacement. Sounds familiar

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks playing a good brand. Newcombe is as tough as it comes. Just gotta keep taking their chances, particularly with their set shots.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Hawks playing a good brand. Newcombe is as tough as it comes. Just gotta keep taking their chances, particularly with their set shots.
    I picked Geelong in my tipping which would give me 9/9, but prefer Hawks win.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I picked Geelong in my tipping which would give me 9/9, but prefer Hawks win.
    Adelaide over Richmond. Are you outta your mind??

22. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Cracking game. Your off season recruit wish in Gunston is playing a really really good game.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

24. Likes DOG GOD liked this post