Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R6 2022

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I think we all are but here we are. We arent as good as we thought clearly.
    We finished 5th, previously out first week of finals after being beaten up.
    The Lions game in hindsight was one of our great finals performances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I’m sick of development seasons.
    It's the easy option for many, you don't have to be as invested in the season if you are already focused on the next year or the year after that. The harder option is staring the season's challenges in the face and dealing with roller coaster ahead.

It's way too early to be writing off the season because I refuse to believe we fluked a GF last year. For a large part of it we were clearly in the top two sides of the competition and it wasn't our last roll of the dice.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    We finished 5th, previously out first week of finals after being beaten up.
    The Lions game in hindsight was one of our great finals performances.
    It was a great finals performance up until half way through that 3rd quarter in the GF. That last quarter and a half may have mentally scared this group and we just aren't the same team anymore.

Maybe we just dropped the ball in trade week and stood still when we need to improve.

Something just ain't right.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's the easy option for many, you don't have to be as invested in the season if you are already focused on the next year or the year after that. The harder option is staring the season's challenges in the face and dealing with roller coaster ahead.

It's way too early to be writing off the season because I refuse to believe we fluked a GF last year. For a large part of it we were clearly in the top two sides of the competition and it wasn't our last roll of the dice.
    Agree, this is not a development year at all. We are missing key players but we must work our way through it. A long way to go yet.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you really think that's what people with an opinion contrary to yours are doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I wish I couldn't be invested when we are going crap, would make my life a bit more enjoyable.

We didnt fluke the GF, but it also isn't 2021 anymore, we arent playing the same sort of football. I hope we can turn it around but I just dont see it. Prove me wrong Doggies.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you really think that's what people with an opinion contrary to yours are doing?
    It felt a bit insulting but im sure GG didn't mean it like that. Everyone on here is invested in the club no matter what.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

No, but I do think it's an over reaction to the loss yesterday. Do you think people would be viewing this year as a development one if we had won yesterday? Most would be licking their lips to get ahead of the ledger against Essendon next week.

We made the GF final last year after some scintillating form throughout the year so from a planning perspective 2022 was never supposed to be a development year for us. It may end up that way but after 6 games to me it's a premature call.

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It felt a bit insulting but im sure GG didn't mean it like that. Everyone on here is invested in the club no matter what.
    No I get it, we are all invested it's a good discussion.

I can't abide Levi! Ever! I don't care if we are last first in the vfl or fdfl.

He sucks! XD

11. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No, but I do think it's an over reaction to the loss yesterday. Do you think people would be viewing this year as a development one if we had won yesterday? Most would be licking their lips to get ahead of the ledger against Essendon next week.

We made the GF final last year after some scintillating form throughout the year so from a planning perspective 2022 was never supposed to be a development year for us. It may end up that way but after 6 games to me it's a premature call.
    Yep that is fair. I don't think it's a development year yet either, I'm arguing against the jeans! (Levi). But I get they're related.
    Can anyone beat Melbourne, Levi or not?

Post Thanks / Like

But some here were suggesting his name during the trade period on the basis that we should be right around the mark of a top 4 spot this year but we needed to cover at least part of Bruce's 48 goals.
    Playing the kids talk is the easy chop out when you are 2 of 4 after 6 games and have just dropped a heart breaker.
    At 4 and 2 we would be looking for every win and not as focused on the longer term and looking to add a win against Essendon.

It's too early to throw in the towel.
    Agree you can’t chuck in the towel. I would say we need to recalibrate our GPS to get to the destination. We aren’t finishing top 4. That’s done IMO. So we’re looking bottom 4, 4 finals. At best. It’s not impossible to conceive if the troops are back and fit. But, I think we were all hoping for (expecting?) a top 4 spot and a statistically better shot at a flag.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I wish I couldn't be invested when we are going crap, would make my life a bit more enjoyable.

We didnt fluke the GF, but it also isn't 2021 anymore, we arent playing the same sort of football. I hope we can turn it around but I just dont see it. Prove me wrong Doggies.
    We did roughly the same in 2017 falling well short of expectations, perhaps we can't handle the spotlight when it shines brightly on us.
    I think we learned then that it's not a case of flicking a switch and it's so much harder than that.
    Richmond handled it superbly after a long time in the wilderness, Melbourne are making all the right signs so far this year.

I'm just very hopeful that if we hit our straps we can be a handful for the balance of the season.

15. Likes chef, Grantysghost, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We weren't that bad yesterday. Some of our lesser lights were actually very good. I thought Adelaide played well, particularly their small forwards and tall defenders. Naughton was well beaten which takes the team from GF material to mere mortals
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

17. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    We weren't that bad yesterday. Some of our lesser lights were actually very good. I thought Adelaide played well, particularly their small forwards and tall defenders. Naughton was well beaten which takes the team from GF material to mere mortals
    Sometimes the other team is good. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you.
    I felt like we were a car with the hand brake on for most of the game, trying to break free of the clamp.
    The crows played very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes the other team is good. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you.
    I felt like we were a car with the hand brake on for most of the game, trying to break free of the clamp.
    The crows played very well.
    A one point ball game doesn't switch you to development year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.