Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  326
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R1 2022

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Wow complete over reaction.

His delivery maybe poor, but what he said was accurate. If a journo finds a story they usually check with the club first to verify or not. Tom doesn't do this and apparently did the same thing last year when he found out Gardner wasn't playing. According to one journo, Bevo rang Tom to discuss- but just goes over the little turds head because he wants a scoop.

when Hunter was picked to play, why did Morris put out a 5 minute video trying to justify his story? Just unnecessary stuff
    That is the issue Hunter was not picked to play and Morris found out. Tom was correct and did what any journalist would do. Hunter knew on the weekend he was Emergency Sub. A complete over reaction by Luke and doing the club no favors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Bevo admitted that Tom was correct.

Agree to disagree

Edit: This bit

"We went in with a plan. We had some late stuff go on, with JJ unfortunately coming out in the warm-up. Everything other than that was according to plan from the Sunday, which somehow you found out about again"
    But Tom was wrong, he said Hunter was dropped? He was in the 23

The real issue is someone is leaking stuff to him.

This from someone which was verified by Daniel Cherney

the Lachie Hunter news alone isn’t why he was so angry

I believe Tom told the world Gardner was dropped for the grand final before the club were 100% sure and before they could tell Ryan himself

He may well have heard through the media - not great for the individual
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    That is the issue Hunter was not picked to play and Morris found out. Tom was correct and did what any journalist would do. Hunter knew on the weekend he was Emergency Sub. A complete over reaction by Luke and doing the club no favors.
    As Bevo said to Tom, Do the ethical thing like other journos, and ring the club first. Tom is too busy trying to be the hero.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevos response wasn’t his finest moment - however Caros call for a 100k fine is utterly deranged

Football journalists are rarely or the Adele Ferguson, Sarah Ferguson standard

Lots of them are gossip columnists - existing to create click bait and the AFL.com crew can be the worst in this space - hopelessly compromised by their employer and hardly independent

Did Tom report Lever being out with injury? If he didn’t then it speaks to some bias

Hunter has had issues of mental health and I suspect that’s why Bevo mentioned it and took umbrage with Morris reporting without discussing

5. Likes EasternWest, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony Jones and Caroline Wilson are calling for the media to boycott Luke Beveridge.

Ah, I'm pretty sure he would prefer not to do media!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Likes EasternWest, jeemak, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Tony Jones and Caroline Wilson are calling for the media to boycott Luke Beveridge.

Bevo wouldn’t mind that.

Post Thanks / Like

tony jones and caroline wilson are calling for the media to boycott luke beveridge.

Ah, i'm pretty sure he would prefer not to do media!
    fantastic news

Post Thanks / Like

Laughable.

Tony Jones should stick to teeth whitening and his cringey jokes and advances towards co-workers.
    W00F!

11. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo and his 4d chess. Why didn't I see it coming!

13. Likes EasternWest, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be the divorce of a loveless marriage!

Bevo was out of line asking for Tom Morris leave the press conference, then proceeding to name call. It was unnecessary and is drawing attention away from the very concern that he was rightfully eager to voice.

It's common practise for journalists writing about an organisation to approach the organisation before publishing the story. It's not just to verify the story, or just to offer them a response, it's also to allow the organisation an opportunity to get their house sorted. Players should not be learning about their non-selection in the team from a publication, that's the bottom line. A phone call to the club before publication doesn't cost Tom Morris or Fox anything save for a small fraction of his time.

If it's true that Bevo has had a private conversation with Tom Morris after the Grand Final, then that makes this second occasion a lot more damning.

Then there's the question over the integrity of the game. Here I don't believe that it's Tom Morris' personal obligation to not run the story on these grounds, but I do see the problem. There is a set time that both clubs must release their selected team, and it's not strictly fair for one team to be made aware of the other team's selections before that time. We've got to take the lion's share of the responsibility for this, it's a leak from our organisation, but the AFL (and Fox as a broadcaster) should also be taking seriously any behaviour that threatens the integrity of the competition.

I fully hope and expect the Club to support Bevo's message, but condemn his delivery.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

15. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The curse is dead.

17. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Oh this has gone grub nation.

Liquor license, well TIL.

Post Thanks / Like

Should be sacked over that, discussing women like that.

20. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post

It would be the divorce of a loveless marriage!

Bevo was out of line asking for Tom Morris leave the press conference, then proceeding to name call. It was unnecessary and is drawing attention away from the very concern that he was rightfully eager to voice.

It's common practise for journalists writing about an organisation to approach the organisation before publishing the story. It's not just to verify the story, or just to offer them a response, it's also to allow the organisation an opportunity to get their house sorted. Players should not be learning about their non-selection in the team from a publication, that's the bottom line. A phone call to the club before publication doesn't cost Tom Morris or Fox anything save for a small fraction of his time.

If it's true that Bevo has had a private conversation with Tom Morris after the Grand Final, then that makes this second occasion a lot more damning.

Then there's the question over the integrity of the game. Here I don't believe that it's Tom Morris' personal obligation to not run the story on these grounds, but I do see the problem. There is a set time that both clubs must release their selected team, and it's not strictly fair for one team to be made aware of the other team's selections before that time. We've got to take the lion's share of the responsibility for this, it's a leak from our organisation, but the AFL (and Fox as a broadcaster) should also be taking seriously any behaviour that threatens the integrity of the competition.

I fully hope and expect the Club to support Bevo's message, but condemn his delivery.
    great Post.

The GF discussion was tweeted by Daniel Cherney, but he also said Bevo tore strips off him. The guy never learns.

22. Thanks Scorlibo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad human.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'