Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  114
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R2 2022

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Libba was about it. Macrae was also getting his hands on the ball. Do we need Wallis in there? We need some mongrel.
    I just don't know how it changes, where it changes. Wallis won't help, don't see anyone on the shelf ir not playing giving us that grunt. Out mids are good enough, very good, the mindset needs to change.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley can tackle (8) but can’t kick. If he’s going to play, he needs to play the Crowley role and sacrifice his lacklustre disposals.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    4 set shots missed in the last 8 minutes of a game - 2 to Dunks2 to Naughts.......
    It will hurt you 9/10 times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    The other issue as has been repeatedly exposed in the last 3 games is that despite all our $$$ and stars being in the midfield we still get slaightered in there on a regular basis. We've unbalanced our team to overload our midfield, and yet against the good teams it's almost our biggest liability.

You've got to wonder if we'd be better turning one or two of our star mids into a cheaper option who can play a role better. Hewett is the obvious example of someone who could give us a different mix in there.
    Over the years we’ve just always struggled against Carlton, Dees, Saints, Suns. Shit teams for the most part and we seem to always get either beaten or just scrape home. There’s something there. Psychological? Structure? Individuals? Dunno. Cripps, apart from last year, eats us alive.

Bevo talks about our game plan changing week to week but so often against average teams we fail. Maybe Carlton are a good team this year? I’m not so sure. They tired hard and we butchered our chances to win. But the fact is, we lost in such an obvious way. Cripps did what Petraca did. Cordy was 15mtrs behind every contest. We missed shots we should’ve kicked. Their mids were repeatedly getting first hands on the ball under little pressure. It’s all a bit comical.

5. Likes DOG GOD, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Carlton beat us at our own game Cont poss and clearances plus more disposals
    Carlton beat us.

Post Thanks / Like

Frustrating to watch. They played well - very well in fact - but we allowed them to get away with it. Cripps was the dominant player for four quarters. Did we do anything to nullify him? If so, I must have missed it.

Whenever we really needed to kick a goal - we missed!. That's heart crushing!

Reality is it would have been an injustice if we had won. They ran harder, had more players around the contest, used the ball better and they kicked straight.

I give our boys credit for never giving up in the second half. However, we were always playing catch up football. We will get better. We have too.
    Jamarra must play every game this year. There are no other options. Sweet or Martin must play. English was okay around the ground but was schooled in the ruck. We need him forward more.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

That first half from Carlton was awesome, in the true sense of that word. Each of our last 4 games have seen some of the best halves of footy you could see a side play. Our first half against Port was arguably in the top 5 halves I've seen from us, Melbourne obviously had a pretty good one last week, and possibly their best ever last year, and that was Carltons best half of footy since i was in Primary school.

I mean how unlucky can you get? Or maybe we are facilitating it?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I just don't know how it changes, where it changes. Wallis won't help, don't see anyone on the shelf ir not playing giving us that grunt. Out mids are good enough, very good, the mindset needs to change.
    I love Mitch, but I think I'd rather watch Cripps bust freely through the middle uncontested like tonight than watch him do it while also bursting away from the carcass of a famous Bulldog name.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    That first half from Carlton was awesome, in the true sense of that word. Each of our last 4 games have seen some of the best halves of footy you could see a side play. Our first half against Port was arguably in the top 5 halves I've seen from us, Melbourne obviously had a pretty good one last week, and possibly their best ever last year, and that was Carltons best half of footy since i was in Primary school.

I mean how unlucky can you get? Or maybe we are facilitating it?
    we’ve lost the last 5 games in a row, it’s us not them
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Over the years we’ve just always struggled against Carlton, Dees, Saints, Suns. Shit teams for the most part and we seem to always get either beaten or just scrape home. There’s something there. Psychological? Structure? Individuals? Dunno. Cripps, apart from last year, eats us alive.

Bevo talks about our game plan changing week to week but so often against average teams we fail. Maybe Carlton are a good team this year? I’m not so sure. They tired hard and we butchered our chances to win. But the fact is, we lost in such an obvious way. Cripps did what Petraca did. Cordy was 15mtrs behind every contest. We missed shots we should’ve kicked. Their mids were repeatedly getting first hands on the ball under little pressure. It’s all a bit comical.
    Great post. Absolutely nailed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Yes our mids are good but mainly good when everything is going right. They don’t work hard enough to get the ball from stoppages always seem to be second and constantly trying to lay tackles. The opposition get their hands free either clean handball or if the ball hits the deck the opposition are there to pounce. Bang bang another forward entry. Pressure on our under manned and sized defence and they score. To our defences credit I thought they did really well in the 2nd half. Carlton streamed through on many occasions but we were able to nullify a number of their attacks. They obviously still got some easy goals but given the amount of ball from the centre that was to be expected. Ever since (and including) the GF our centre clearances have been shite.

The tone was set in the 1st minute. Cripps handballs over the top of two players to Walsh a couple of quick hand balls bang into the forward line and Curnow scores. Why is there a player free out the back? Whom is accountable?

Post Thanks / Like

Points from turnovers conceded. Bulldogs. First half 45 points. Second half 0 points.

By the time we worked out what was going on game was over. How can the match committee get this so wrong?

14. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Big turning point in game for me was the Hanan miss in the third quarter. He was 15m out. Should have buried it. It would have reduced the margin to a single goal. Blues would have really panicked.

He misses. It goes down the other end and a quick snap from nowhere from Curnow gives them a much need goal and restores a three goal buffer. It was game over then really.

16. Likes DOG GOD, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last quarter it was 2.7 to 2.1.

Bont goal
    Hanan goal
    Treloar behind
    Rushed
    Naughton behind
    Dunkley behind
    Rushed
    Dunkely behind
    Macrae behind

We kicked five behinds in a row. Curnow kicks one from the hot dog stand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    we’ve lost the last 5 games in a row, it’s us not them
    Yeah didn't know how to write it, but it is no coincidence all these amazing halves are against us.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right