Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  114
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R2 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Thursday night football *!*!*!*!ing sucks!!

Stuck in traffic as the WGB is down to one lane… The experience of going to the footy isn’t what it used to be and I’m about done with it.
    Same, called vicroads to say do you guys even check if there's a game on?
    Plus there were zero signs indicating there was any road work.
    One lane, cost me 50 minutes couch time!

Re the game Carlton were the better side. Their talls destroyed us.
    There was periods when I saw Ed Richards marking Pittonet as we just had no talls as Cordy was rucking.

Cordy actually played pretty well, but fmd Cordy and Hannan as second rucks kills me. Bevo just does not learn.

2. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very upset.

Hating footy, dirty on the club and really frustrated with these losses.

Still digging Guest

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Someone should start a petition- they are horridly blinding. What were the afl thinking? I hate the flashing advert lights around the different levels but those bright lights either side of scoreboard are even more dreadful.
    I agree, the lighting was so bright it gave me a headache. That was without looking at the scoreboard, where the lights either side were like staring into car headlights. Need the Richie Richardson sombrero for next week
    Last edited by GVGjr; 25-03-2022 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

5. Likes Grantysghost, josie, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    There superstar (Cripps 35 touches, 23 contested, 11 clearances, 503m gained and two goals) did a lot more than our superstar (Bont 19 touches, 428m gained and one goal). Cripps was the difference in that first half. Absolutely tore the game apart.
    Cripps was the stand out player on the field. He ran riot.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Still digging;778468]
    Someone should start a petition- they are horridly blinding. What were the afl thinking? I hate the flashing advert lights around the different levels but those bright lights either side of scoreboard are even more dreadful.[/QUOTE

I agree, the lighting was so bright it gave me a headache. That was without looking at the scoreboard, where the lights either side were like staring into car headlights. Need the Richie Richardson sombrero for next week
    I actually didn't mind the lights. The rwb ones post the goals.
    Only entertainment for the night.
    What did shit me was they put in massive new scoreboards and take up 1/3rd with ads so it's the same fkn size as the shitty old ones!

8. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone should start a petition- they are horridly blinding. What were the afl thinking? I hate the flashing advert lights around the different levels but those bright lights either side of scoreboard are even more dreadful.
    It certainly doesn't enhance the experience of going to the footy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Last quarter it was 2.7 to 2.1.

Bont goal
    Hanan goal
    Treloar behind
    Rushed
    Naughton behind
    Dunkley behind
    Rushed
    Dunkely behind
    Macrae behind

We kicked five behinds in a row. Curnow kicks one from the hot dog stand.
    None of them were gimmies, except the Dunks one? I think we are over estimating any chance we had to win. The blues had the answers every time and deserved it. I never thought we were a legiitimate threat to over take them unfortunately.

Curnow is some player. If he gets some consistency then he could be anything.

Some of our delivery into forward 50 is mind blowing. We seem to kick to advantage of defenders so often.

We were much better in the second half but damage was done.

11. Likes The bulldog tragician, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    None of them were gimmies, I think we are over estimating any chance we had to win. The blues had the answers every time and deserved the win. I never thought we were a legiitimate chance.
    They were not gimmies. But you would expect to hit at least two of those five. But the Blues were kicking them from everywhere. When Curnow threads it from the hot dog stand and you are missing easier shots it just kills your momentum.

The big miss that hurt was Hannan in the third quarter as it resulted in a two goal turnaround against the trend of play.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Still digging;778468]
    Someone should start a petition- they are horridly blinding. What were the afl thinking? I hate the flashing advert lights around the different levels but those bright lights either side of scoreboard are even more dreadful.[/QUOTE

It is one of those things. Just because you know have the technology to do it, doesn't mean you should do it.

Post Thanks / Like

They were not gimmies. But you would expect to hit at least two of those five. But the Blues were kicking them from everywhere. When Curnow threads it from the hot dog stand and you are missing easier shots it just kills your momentum.

The big miss that hurt was Hannan in the third quarter as it resulted in a two goal turnaround against the trend of play.
    The hot dog stand hahaha gold. That one on the boundary was hard not to applaud.

15. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

None of them were gimmies, except the Dunks one? I think we are over estimating any chance we had to win. The blues had the answers every time and deserved it. I never thought we were a legiitimate threat to over take them unfortunately.

Curnow is some player. If he gets some consistency then he could be anything.

Some of our delivery into forward 50 is mind blowing. We seem to kick to advantage of defenders so often.

We were much better in the second half but damage was done.
    If Hannan kicks the simple chance it's game on.

If Naughton kicks one of his two shots, it's game on. Neither were un-kickable. The Dunkley shot was from directly in front. Should have kicked it and if he did, we still had a sniff with a panicking opponent.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The hot dog stand hahaha gold. That one on the boundary was hard not to applaud.
    I managed.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

18. Likes Grantysghost, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

None of them were gimmies, I think we are over estimating any chance we had to win. The blues had the answers every time and deserved the win. I never thought we were a legiitimate chance.
    There were 4 set shots around the 30 to 40 metre mark, and we should have nailed them - Naughton and Dunks. The last quarter was played in our half of the ground and we should have finished them off. We also hit the post twice during the game, and JUH and Hannan should have nailed their shots in the 3rd quarter. (one was the poster)

The moment shifted late in the 2nd quarter, and we kicked 6.9 in the second half to 4.2. Hopefully we take the momentum into next week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

If Naughton kicks one of his two shots, it's game on. Neither were un-kickable. The Dunkley shot was from directly in front. Should have kicked it and if he did, we still had a sniff with a panicking opponent.
    Agree. It just felt that if we kicked one of those chances in the last they would have really seized up and we would have run over the top of them. Good teams, good players ... they just find a way to seize those moments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Honestly never felt like that to me at the game. They got a little panicky but seemed in control.
    Saying if you executed a skill better we would of won; well yes true if we were better we would've won I guess.

23. Likes Bullies liked this post