Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R2 2022

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I managed.
    Haha very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs lose. Socceroos bundled out and now have the long road to qualify for the World Cup. Not a great night for sport.

Brings back memories of that period 1997 when we blew the lead in the prelim against the Crows and then blew the lead against Iran at the same ground a month later. Gee whiz that was a tough end to the year. Damn you 1997.

3. Likes SonofScray, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Honestly never felt like that to me at the game. They got a little panicky but seemed in control.
    Saying if you executed a skill better we would of won; well yes true if we were better we would've won I guess.
    Agree. Felt like the margin was going to be about where it ended up, from about mid way through the 2nd for the rest of the journey. We never really threatened. Kicked ourselves out of the opportunity.

5. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Honestly never felt like that to me at the game. They got a little panicky but seemed in control.
    Saying if you executed a skill better we would of won; well yes true if we were better we would've won I guess.
    I'm saying it's game on if they are kicked, not that we definitely win.

The first of the five if kicked changes the future, and the other four don't happen. The ball could have easily gone back to the centre and been marched out of there by Carlton and Kurnow could have kicked his sixth......all I'm saying we kick one of those and we have an opportunity to change the future.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Agree. Felt like the margin was going to be about where it ended up, from about mid way through the 2nd for the rest of the journey. We never really threatened. Kicked ourselves out of the opportunity.
    We could not defend the turnover in that first half and it was the ball game. We appeared at times to put a lot of pressure on them, but they just had the composure to withstand it even though it didn't look pretty. They then went direct when they got through us and got some easy goals. Things just worked for them in that second term in particular. They kicked 7 goals in that term and then only four for the entire second half.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm saying it's game on if they are kicked, not that we definitely win.

The first of the five if kicked changes the future, and the other four don't happen. The ball could have easily gone back to the centre and been marched out of there by Carlton and Kurnow could have kicked his sixth......all I'm saying we kick one of those and we have an opportunity to change the future.
    Ah yes I get your point and see what you mean. The Hannan and Dunks ones were sitters.
    To me though that's part of not being good enough to win like missing a 45 kick or not sticking a tackle etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else just fully not that upset by this? I can’t figure out why exactly but think there’s a lot to be taken out of the second half. Maybe I’ll wake up and realise how awful it all is but I’ve definitely felt worse at 0-2 before.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Anyone else just fully not that upset by this? I can’t figure out why exactly but think there’s a lot to be taken out of the second half. Maybe I’ll wake up and realise how awful it all is but I’ve definitely felt worse at 0-2 before.
    Carlton were pretty good I hate to admit. They've got a well balanced side and probably would've given most teams a fair nudge.
    I'm dissapointed because top 4 looks like a big effort now. If we drop the Swans game would need 15 wins from 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    At one stage it looked like we would lose by 10+ goals. So there is something to take out of the game that we fought hard to get back into the game and should have really stole in the end. That helps with the feelings.

But after a GF loss you want revenge. To get revenge you need to finish top four. You need 15+ wins for top four. We are now 0-2. So we need to go 15-5 to make top four now. Already sounds tough. That is depressing. We need to find our mojo quickly.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was good to get back to a Bulldogs home game at Marvel in our reserve seats again and chat with a few familiar faces again. The game itself was very frustrating.

Had our chances to win it in the end had be took them but it didn’t happen. The 2nd quarter we squandered it giving the Blues a comfortable lead at half time. We could not bridge the gap in the end when it came within 2 goals.

Very big game now next week against the Swans back at Marvel. Need to start picking up some wins if we have aspirations of finishing top 4.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

16. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Was good to get back to a Bulldogs home game at Marvel in our reserve seats again but the game itself was very frustrating.

Had our chances to win it in the end had be took them but it didn’t happen. The 2nd quarter will squandered it giving the Blues comfortable lead at half time. We could not bridge the gap in the end when it came within 2 goals.

Very big game now next week against the Swans back at Marvel. Need to start picking up some wins if we have aspirations of finishing top 4.
    I can't wait to get back to Marvel and sit in our reserved seats. It has been two years. We have had those seats since the 2000 season before my children were born (who are now both teenagers). We could not make it tonight due to the kids sporting commitments. It is a big effort to make it to Marvel on a week night from the Eastern suburbs.

18. Likes Eastdog, Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I can't wait to get back to Marvel and sit in our reserved seats. It has been two years. We have had those seats since the 2000 season before my children were born (who are now both teenagers). We could not make it tonight due to the kids sporting commitments. It is a big effort to make it to Marvel on a week night from the Eastern suburbs.

I'm Eastern Surburbs as well, thankfully work has free parking for me just around the corner so it isn't the end of the world, but I couldn't imagine doing it if i couldn't park close.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

The experience of going to the footy plainly sucks. Maybe it's because I have other priorities in life now, such as my daughter and my own health, but I found the whole process tonight frustrating. Traffic, getting to the ground, having to enter through a specific gate which isn't the closest one to our seats, having to check in, show vax status, be screened by security then line up and get my ticket scanned only to repeat the process to get through to level 2......

Finally back in our reserved seats which was fine, but yet there were plenty more of Carlton supporters around. No longer just a Bulldogs member section.

I kind of felt this game - and maybe this season - coming. We look reactive for large parts of the game, slow and unskilled. Structurally I'm tired of having next to no key defenders and no ruck support - how are we still in this same position?

I think the reality is we're a 6-10 ranked side. Our midfield group isn't as good as it was in the early part of last year or as team oriented as it needs to be. There's little sacrifice willing to be made. Our back half is horrible, there are few who can actually defend. Up forward, we miss Bruce and ironically JJ.

Our side is terribly unbalanced. Theres now no easy fix.
    W00F!

21. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    The experience of going to the footy plainly sucks. Maybe it's because I have other priorities in life now, such as my daughter and my own health, but I found the whole process tonight frustrating. Traffic, getting to the ground, having to enter through a specific gate which isn't the closest one to our seats, having to check in, show vax status, be screened by security then line up and get my ticket scanned only to repeat the process to get through to level 2......
    I also think two years of COVID lockdowns where we mainly watched from the couch has given us a different take too. We were forced to enjoy our football a different way. No doubt there is readjustment back and some of the COVID protocols are not making it easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Our side is terribly unbalanced. Theres now no easy fix.
    Looking at the other sides coming up at the moment, and our side, I'm ready to personally write this season off.
    We need to hit this off season with all our picks and target at least 2 ready to go defenders + a ruck, if this means us potenitally losing a midfielder in the process, so be it.

Honestly we need to rebuild our backline, Cordy and Gardner ain't it, Keath and Duryea wrong side of 30, Richards, Daniel and Dale are solid but everybody else is questionable at best.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016