Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  114
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R2 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Anyone else just fully not that upset by this? I can’t figure out why exactly but think there’s a lot to be taken out of the second half. Maybe I’ll wake up and realise how awful it all is but I’ve definitely felt worse at 0-2 before.
    We played well at times and just lacked some poise at key moments in the last quarter.
    Missed opportunity for mine and not something to get that upset about.

Now some of the points we've been banging on about for a while now about the structure of the list is a more frustrating issue.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beaten by more than 30 for contested ball, that’s not the recipe. When our intensity to hunt the ball and defend lifted we looked the better side. Have to ask where it was in the first half?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    The experience of going to the footy plainly sucks. Maybe it's because I have other priorities in life now, such as my daughter and my own health, but I found the whole process tonight frustrating. Traffic, getting to the ground, having to enter through a specific gate which isn't the closest one to our seats, having to check in, show vax status, be screened by security then line up and get my ticket scanned only to repeat the process to get through to level 2......

Finally back in our reserved seats which was fine, but yet there were plenty more of Carlton supporters around. No longer just a Bulldogs member section.

I kind of felt this game - and maybe this season - coming. We look reactive for large parts of the game, slow and unskilled. Structurally I'm tired of having next to no key defenders and no ruck support - how are we still in this same position?

I think the reality is we're a 6-10 ranked side. Our midfield group isn't as good as it was in the early part of last year or as team oriented as it needs to be. There's little sacrifice willing to be made. Our back half is horrible, there are few who can actually defend. Up forward, we miss Bruce and ironically JJ.

Our side is terribly unbalanced. Theres now no easy fix.
    It took forever to get into the ground. The mass congestion trying to get through gate 7 and then trying to get to level 2 was equally terrible. Normally we'd be in the ground and in our seat within 10 minutes. Last night took closer to 25-30.
    They have also shut off all the food, drink and toilets down near our allocated seats.
    Again I found a heap of Carlton supporters in front and behind us. As TBB said, no longer a bulldog area.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Our side is terribly unbalanced. Theres now no easy fix.
    Hotdog60 voting poll's for Rating Our List suggest this.

A lot of players who played last night would be deemed average or below average according to us woofers.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing how pretty much the same side that went on one of the most spirited run in finals history and led a Grand Final in the third quarter by three goals as a result of it can generate so much negativity.

Not saying it's wrong, but a bit over a quarter of footy and a preseason can do a lot to the mindset of supporters, and the start to the season hasn't done much to allay the negativity.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Beaten by more than 30 for contested ball, that’s not the recipe. When our intensity to hunt the ball and defend lifted we looked the better side. Have to ask where it was in the first half?
    I'm a bit concerned that we've slipped into this element of our game being more conditional than it should be, particularly given it being conditional is something that's plagued us since 2016.

We've tried a range of different leaders and it's been a constant, and I question whether those leaders will ever actually get it right.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Doc looked very rusty last night. Additionally, we don't look like a club that's gelled well over preseason and I'd not be surprised if we had a bit more open communication from the club around how players are going etc. over that time we'd all be a bit more informed and less stressed about the reasons why.

The coaching changes clearly haven't helped, all of the lines seem a bit out of whack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's amazing how pretty much the same side that went on one of the most spirited run in finals history and led a Grand Final in the third quarter by three goals as a result of it can generate so much negativity.

Not saying it's wrong, but a bit over a quarter of footy and a preseason can do a lot to the mindset of supporters, and the start to the season hasn't done much to allay the negativity.
    Its a good point Jee.

It’s such a tough competition you can’t rest on your laurels the rest of the competition catches up pretty quickly. The Blues were pretty outstanding last night especially in that second quarter.

Im still pretty positive we can get something out of the season but it’s disappointing we still look like not making top 4 under Bevo.

Big positive is English’s form, man we need to sign him ! Although the ruck situation is still a point we lag behind they dominated the hit outs to advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

The issue is the flaws are the same.

It's not that we're not capable of it, it's that the weaknesses that cost so much have been ignored.
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, DOG GOD, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Its a good point Jee.

It’s such a tough competition you can’t rest on your laurels the rest of the competition catches up pretty quickly. The Blues were pretty outstanding last night especially in that second quarter.

Im still pretty positive we can get something out of the season but it’s disappointing we still look like not making top 4 under Bevo.

Big positive is English’s form, man we need to sign him ! Although the ruck situation is still a point we lag behind they dominated the hit outs to advantage.
    As much as English annoys me with his lack of physicality at times, we’re in deep trouble if he leaves. We are desperate for a competent back up that can take the load off him, as well as providing value elsewhere around the ground. Hopefully Darcy becomes that 70% forward/30% ruck type, but we’re years away from an English/Darcy combo bearing fruit.

We’ve royally stuffed the ruck role during Bevo’s reign, there’s no two ways about it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    The issue is the flaws are the same.

It's not that we're not capable of it, it's that the weaknesses that cost so much have been ignored.
    Exactly. We’ve been a tad unlucky running into the best team in the league along with what’s looking like the most improved team in the first two weeks. If we’d beaten up North and Adelaide, we’d be feeling ok but truth is, I could care less how we play against the crap sides. If our weaknesses continue to get exposed against the quality teams, what’s the point?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Exactly. We’ve been a tad unlucky running into the best team in the league along with what’s looking like the most improved team in the first two weeks. If we’d beaten up North and Adelaide, we’d be feeling ok but truth is, I could care less how we play against the crap sides. If our weaknesses continue to get exposed against the quality teams, what’s the point?
    Bingo
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    As much as English annoys me with his lack of physicality at times, we’re in deep trouble if he leaves. We are desperate for a competent back up that can take the load off him, as well as providing value elsewhere around the ground. Hopefully Darcy becomes that 70% forward/30% ruck type, but we’re years away from an English/Darcy combo bearing fruit.

We’ve royally stuffed the ruck role during Bevo’s reign, there’s no two ways about it.
    Most teams have a dual ruck combo now and we are still running Cordy and Hannan through there.

The decision to retain Martin and our inability to bring in a solid second ruck over the off season is looking increasingly worrying.

The Swans retained Sinclair even though they recruited Ladhams I hope we at least asked the question.

20. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The ruck will continue to be an issue as long as Beveridge is at the helm. Let’s not pretend it’s going to change.
    While pretty much every other team embraces the 2 ruck role, we are embarrassing the likes of Cordy, Hannan and Schache, while burning English into the ground. I’m pretty much over the fact.

Martin will be lucky to play 5 games.
    Sweet was retained in case English gets injured.
    It’s a farce.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm dumbing it down but we kick 5.4 instead of 2.7 in the last and we'd all be happy.

It's not panic stations yet.
    The curse is dead.

23. Likes Mofra, bornadog liked this post