Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  114
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R2 2022

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    This is the best Carlton have played in decades. Like literally decades. I don't even think we are playing poorly. The fact we are only 5 goals down i think is to our credit.
    How much of that is down to our inability to put pressure on their inside 50s?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m at the game surrounded by Carlton supporters and I just want to jump off the ledge in front of me. This is 2018 bulldogs all over again pathetic, zero effort, holes throughout the ground, Bont has been crap, our older players are giving nothing, they’re running so much harder, and our defence is probably the worst in the league.

If this game continues like this I think I’ll be checked out for this season
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Beveridge will be lucky to make it to the bye with how we're going, made zero attempt to address our problems and we've got no structures out there.
    That’s a bit of overkill. Yes there are issues but nothing that can’t be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

31 points down at half time.

Need to have a big look at each other and draw a line in the sand. We are better than this and need to start showing it.

Post Thanks / Like

We are still in this.

Our forwardline looks dangerous. Our mids have for the most part halved it since the first 10. Need our defence to start winning some contests and providing some run.

We are not playing that badly. They cannot play better than this.
    Really? We are literally being killed all over the ground. Our defence is running around looking like they have no idea who they are on or what their job is. We look slow, disinterested and our fwd line would rate on paper in the bottom 5 of the league.

It’s 31 points at HT. It might well be 70 at the end.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

That was pretty ugly.

Our persistence in backing off the mark is allowing them a clean runway, but given how pedestrian we are, it probably wouldn't matter if we pressed harder anyway.

Some individuals are really lowering their colours which is disappointing.

Keath looks like a 35 year old who should have retired.
    W00F!

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are still in this.

Our forwardline looks dangerous. Our mids have for the most part halved it since the first 10. Need our defence to start winning some contests and providing some run.

I’m not sure our defence are good enough to repel the ball coming in… Keath isn’t moving well and Cordy & Gardner are limited.

Need our midfield to pull its finger out starting with English who needs to assert some physical strength in the ruck contests.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostDog View Post
    Bontem who ? Unsighted
    If hes not fit he shouldn't be playing
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

We are still in this.

Love the positivity, can't agree with it.

Our forwards look miles off it (although they're working hard enough) and our mids are being starched by a hungrier collective. We can have one of Gardiner or Cordy playing, not both.

I think we're playing poorly, but part of that can be put down to Carlton playing well.

Good we get to see Hannan ruck a bit though.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Very predictable in here blaming this on Bevo, we are -20 in contested ball (again) and probably more in post stoppage contested ball. Leaders jumping out the way and not body lining the ball. Not much any coach can do with that level of commitment, if we were 20 up in contested ball we would be in front.

12. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything is going right for them - not much is going right for us. However, when we get a chance to deliver the ball inside 50 for a shot on goal we turn it over - I'm looking at you Roarke. And we had some momentum at that point.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

They are a different team but they were up by 4 or 5 goals midway through the 3rd last year and we managed to win by a fair margin. Still time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Very predictable in here blaming this on Bevo, we are -20 in contested ball (again) and probably more in post stoppage contested ball. Leaders jumping out the way and not body lining the ball. Not much any coach can do with that level of commitment, if we were 20 up in contested ball we would be in front.
    Hard to know what's going on in the middle. Positioning at times is honestly deplorable for an elite group.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

The backing off the mark isn’t working at all.

Our defenders are completely petrified in the air and resort to spoiling each other in every instance.

Our much vaunted midfield is getting bullied and clearly learnt nothing from the GF embarrassment (literally what were we doing over pre-season?).

Marra is moving ok.

We did nothing to address our numerous weaknesses during trade week and in fact we have gone massively backwards since last year and will be fighting for that 7-12 spot on the ladder at best.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter and Roarke should not be playing next week. Let’s see if Bevo will be consistant.
    I will never see #16 the same!!