Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  94
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Essendon R7 2022

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I was very happy with the 2nd half. The last 5 minutes was a let down but overall they controlled the Bombres and they could barely get the ball past the centre square. Pressure was intense, they were looking over their shoulder every possession, that was terrific. We kicked a very accurate score as well, YES!!! I was thinking the repeat injuries over and over but no scoring, we got them on the board though. It was against a team with 1 win on the board though, you can only beat who's in front of you but I'm not getting overly excited yet. Great win against those scumbags!
    Forward pressure was brilliant, kept the ball in there.

I felt we should have actually kicked more goals than we did, again some of the passes into the 50 were ordinary, but overall good win
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Merantau I think we did enough in the ruck to not give Dons advantage.
    Otherwise great close reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I can't attend this Sundays game because I'm playing super rules (old man footy). The kicker is I play for Essendon Let me just point out though that I feel sick everytime I pull the disgusting jumper on. I put up with it because I love playing footy with my mates.

Dogs by 45 (we'll find our mojo)
    First goal- Weightman (He'll thrive off of their hatred for him)
    BOG- Libba (again)
    No way! I play for Beaconsfield - played against you blokes a few weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Good win today. Just happy to have banked the 4 points today and get a solid performance from the team.

Go Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else feel like today was the first time we've seen "the real" Bont?

It was so reassuring to see him cruising around again.

6. Likes Swoop, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Win was all the more impressive considering we had to compete against Nik Cox, who has incredible athleticism for someone 200cms
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I described the win as feeling like we'd just scraped shit off of our show. A good result but z shame we had to have stepped in it in the first place. That is every interaction with the Essendon Olympic Committee. It is a chore.

Took a lot of joy out of watching their fans bleat and moan about Weightman who just went about is business, as he does, and touched them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Merantau I think we did enough in the ruck to not give Dons advantage.
    Otherwise great close reading.
    Yes, looking back it is a bit harsh to say "well beaten". I'll take a look at the replay and pay attention to the ruck contests. We probably halved quite a few of them. They certainly didn't get a lot of clean take aways from stoppages.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Yes, looking back it is a bit harsh to say "well beaten". I'll take a look at the replay and pay attention to the ruck contests. We probably halved quite a few of them. They certainly didn't get a lot of clean take aways from stoppages.
    Martin’s lack of height sees him nullify taller ruck men with strength rather than win decisive hit outs. We had excellent midfielders today in Libba Macrae Treloar Bailey Smith and Dunkley which was a big factor in the comfortable win.

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Did anyone else feel like today was the first time we've seen "the real" Bont?

It was so reassuring to see him cruising around again.
    100%. He did some nice Bont things today that no one else can do, especially when he went into the centre and got some crazy good clean clearances. He had five centre bounce clearances. Gee whiz we have been missing that.

But still playing really sore. Bag of ice on the ankle after the game and said to Tom Browne that he is still playing with some pain. Bont last year was like cheat mode with some of the influences he was having on games.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 01-05-2022 at 10:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Inside 50m leading tacklers on the fied.

Naughton 3
    Dunkley 2
    McNeil 2
    Vanda 2
    Weightman 2

No Bomber got more than one. I thought this was part of the game that we really lifted this week. A lot more pressure on the opposition when they had the ball in our forward line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Win was all the more impressive considering we had to compete against Nik Cox, who has incredible athleticism for someone 200cms
    He really does.

Also loves the hard ball I've only seen him bail of out 2 or 3 contests his entire career.

Is he from the calder cannons football factory?

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took me a whole quarter to realise Cox was subbed off. Although could’ve happened just after the first bounce for all the impact he had.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar looked like he has some speed back in his legs today, he has been solid this year but today he was able to break the lines and use it well.

Generally our pressure was excellent( Dunks lead the way), but lets be honest the Bombers are bad, really bad. What the hell is their game plan? They still don't play team defence, I can't believe it.

Really liked Richards game, we need more of this from him while Dale has quietly become one of our best players.

Overall we have a long way to go, we still have a number of VFL players playing roles( can someone explain how VDM is best 22?), we just need to scrap a few more wins in a row and gain some momentum while English and Keath come back in.

Anyone know what's wrong with Naughty? Definitely NQR while the Bont under duress showed glimpses today but still is well off his best form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Thanks for bringing that up I have never heard it mentioned before.
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Likes Sedat liked this post