7 – Bailey Dale (WB)
    4 – Ed Richards (WB)
    4 – Caleb Daniel (WB)
    3 – Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
    1 – Nic Martin (ESS)
    1 – Peter Wright (ESS)
    Yeah, great to see Caleb in there.
    The stoppage is his dancefloor.
    I'm pretty sure he can plop it in a wheely bin from a fair distance.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Essendon R7 2022

Reading through the Bomber Blitz post game thread full of adult Essendon fans lamenting that their ‘mighty’ club has fallen so far that their kids are now completely disinterested in following them is a great way to start the morning.

I hope the jerk that screamed ‘1954’ repeatedly in my face after they beat us about 10 years ago is one of them posting on there
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Reading through the Bomber Blitz post game thread full of adult Essendon fans lamenting that their ‘mighty’ club has fallen so far that their kids are now completely disinterested in following them is a great way to start the morning.

I hope the jerk that screamed ‘1954’ repeatedly in my face after they beat us about 10 years ago is one of them posting on there
    On the way home after the game, I was surrounded by Essendon supporters complaining about list management and how they targeted the wrong players.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Traveling for work, just managed to watch the first half.

Knowing how the second half goes I can see exactly why it went the way it did. Our full ground pressure was excellent from the start, and our skills until the last mile were as well.

The entries forward weren't bad, though we didn't let our key forwards get a clean run at it to the extent they should have.
    I thought our forays forward in the first half were driven by the half back line in Dale, Richards and Daniel.

In the second half our midfield got on top and our forward connection was so much better and we eventually hit the scoreboard.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    On the way home after the game, I was surrounded by Essendon supporters complaining about list management and how they targeted the wrong players.
    I had an Essendon supporter behind me at the game.

He was very critical of a lot of the team

Quote as follows
    Heppel the worst captain in the Comp
    Merrett has given up and goes through the motions
    How does Durham get a game
    No 6 (Caldwell) is the worst player in the comp.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Treloar looked like he has some speed back in his legs today, he has been solid this year but today he was able to break the lines and use it well.

Generally our pressure was excellent( Dunks lead the way), but lets be honest the Bombers are bad, really bad. What the hell is their game plan? They still don't play team defence, I can't believe it.

Really liked Richards game, we need more of this from him while Dale has quietly become one of our best players.

Overall we have a long way to go, we still have a number of VFL players playing roles( can someone explain how VDM is best 22?), we just need to scrap a few more wins in a row and gain some momentum while English and Keath come back in.

Anyone know what's wrong with Naughty? Definitely NQR while the Bont under duress showed glimpses today but still is well off his best form.
    Heard Bevo say after the game Naughty was quite sore during and after the game but hopefully will get up for the Port game. The 5 days between games not ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

Ever seen the We are Essington account on YouTube? It’s hilarious. He/she splices footage of all the woeful mistakes in each game with quotes of what they claim to stand for, and music. A recent one cut between the captain my captain scene in Dead Poets Siciety, and vision of Heppell. It is cruel but undeniably funny for those who suffered through Essendon’s domination years. They are the worst supporters, full stop.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

8. Thanks Bulldog4life, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I had an Essendon supporter behind me at the game.

He was very critical of a lot of the team

Quote as follows
    Heppel the worst captain in the Comp
    Merrett has given up and goes through the motions
    How does Durham get a game
    No 6 (Caldwell) is the worst player in the comp.
    Theyre so entitled and pretentious neo-riche Christians they can't stand the ignominy that comes with their current plight.
    To be fair, I empathise with the kids who are teenagers and have seen 0 finals wins. Including my nieces and nephews.

Nearly 20 years!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Ever seen the We are Essington account on YouTube? It’s hilarious. He/she splices footage of all the woeful mistakes in each game with quotes of what they claim to stand for, and music. A recent one cut between the captain my captain scene in Dead Poets Siciety, and vision of Heppell. It is cruel but undeniably funny for those who suffered through Essendon’s domination years. They are the worst supporters, full stop.
    Thanks. This now explains 3 things your learnt thread V Essington....
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon are basically our search for a KPF for 20 years, always looking for a single messiah to save them rather than acknowledge that multiple people need to help all at once.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Merrett and Parish had 68 possessions between them and man, I barely noticed they were out there. Maybe that’s me, but that’s some ineffectual accumulation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Merrett and Parish had 68 possessions between them and man, I barely noticed they were out there. Maybe that’s me, but that’s some ineffectual accumulation.
    When supposedly your best distributor by foot has 36 touches, but only 25% of these are kicks you have to wonder what the *!*!*!*! is going on.

I thought we defended Merrett really well and didn't allow him the space he requires to hurt you with his kicking skills... which I feel are over-rated anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Theyre so entitled and pretentious neo-riche Christians they can't stand the ignominy that comes with their current plight.
    To be fair, I empathise with the kids who are teenagers and have seen 0 finals wins. Including my nieces and nephews.

Nearly 20 years!
    Surely you can show them a better way.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Parish is an absolute crab, just a lot of one-two sideways possessions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Nearly 20 years!
    Simply they are full of Karens.

19. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post