Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  88
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Port Adelaide R8 2022

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Yeah, I was happy with about the first 15 minutes. We couldn't reel them in after that. Did we get back 2 back goals after the 1st quarter. It always seemed we gave up an easy one. The fight at the end was nice but we lost that game before the injuries piled up.
    To be fair we were within two goals until O'Brien copped that injury in the third quarter. We kicked consevutive goals in the last quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing.

We threw in the towel early in the third, things went worse and only when it was well beyond us, with one fit man left did the effort really ramp up. Like they gave themselves permission to fully embrace the challenge.

I’m not necessarily saying it was a lack of effort, but when the game was there, we meandered and fluffed shots. The stats for tackles etc are damning.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought we were destined for an 8 goal defeat at 3/4 time - 17pts flattered us as they had 3 posters and a few easy misses as well.

We were cruelled by injuries but even so, we played poorly and it was only the efforts of the few who prevented the flood gates from opening.

We are in trouble now and a win next week is a must.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    The thing is though you don't want your best outside runner at the bottom of the pack. We're pretty good with quick hands in the contest and I'd rather it hit him in the open than say a McComb or Scott. I do get what you are saying but I think most of that would be game plan.
    That's fair enough but when it's his time to go it doesn't look like there's enough effort and he may stick 1 tackle in 10.
    The other thing is what does Martin offer us and would we lose much with Sweet who we should have pumped games into last year when Martin was injured. I don't believe the around the ground stuff either because I think they are on par with each other except one has age on his side.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Disappointing.

We threw in the towel early in the third, things went worse and only when it was well beyond us, with one fit man left did the effort really ramp up. Like they gave themselves permission to fully embrace the challenge.

I’m not necessarily saying it was a lack of effort, but when the game was there, we meandered and fluffed shots. The stats for tackles etc are damning.
    We lose the stats tackle by 20!!! They had nine of the 10 players with the most tackles on the field. That is actually unbelivable.

11 players had zero tackles on the field. We had eight of them.

Zero tackles

Bazlenka
    Cordy
    Dale
    Dureya
    Gardner
    O'Brien
    Richards
    Vanda
    Williams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    That's fair enough but when it's his time to go it doesn't look like there's enough effort and he may stick 1 tackle in 10.
    The other thing is what does Martin offer us and would we lose much with Sweet who we should have pumped games into last year when Martin was injured. I don't believe the around the ground stuff either because I think they are on par with each other except one has age on his side.
    Preaching to the choir there mate. Should have played him last season and should play him now. Martin got toweled up by a 3rd gamer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I'd like to see Sweet given a chance as well. I was at the game a year ago (2 years?) when we beat Port and Sweet played a very decent game.

8. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    We lose the stats tackle by 20!!! They had nine of the 10 players with the most tackles on the field. That is actually unbelivable.

11 players had zero tackles on the field. We had eight of them.

Zero tackles

Bazlenka
    Cordy
    Dale
    Dureya
    Gardner
    O'Brien
    Richards
    Vanda
    Williams
    Baz had 4 AP. Your point is solid though. They had too much free run and carry.
    Considering we beat them 9-5 tackles inside 50 it's a key stat for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    I'd like to see Sweet given a chance as well. I was at the game a year ago (2 years?) when we beat Port and Sweet played a very decent game.
    But got destroyed by Gawn so was never seen again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Baz had 4 AP. Your point is solid though. They had too much free run and carry.
    Considering we beat them 9-5 tackles inside 50 it's a key stat for sure.
    Apologies. I must have put him down when I saw Bailey Dale.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet is seriously so bad. He’s getting wrecked by back up rucks for VFL teams and also he’s clearly behind Stef “Two Days Before My Police Pension Kicks In” Martin. Bringing him up is pointless and gets us nowhere but annoyed.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter what stat you look at. We leave too much for too few to do. We are not getting an even contribution.

Metres gained.

Bazlenka 578m
    Dale 577m
    Macrae 543m
    Treloar 428m

Then nine Port players in a row.

Richards 297m
    Libba 281m

Post Thanks / Like

Our defence were really poor in the air tonight but maybe that is what happens when you have an ageing broken down jalopy of a ruckman who had no chance of getting back to help and mids who looked like they were running through treacle by the end. The ball was in our forward line the last seven minutes but no one looked dangerous at all.

I’m more resigned than heartbroken, injuries have been absolutely devastating and cruel.

Im not sure how much injuries have forced the situation but the proliferation of low skilled low possession players in our fwd line is right out of proportion at the moment. And with the refusal to move Cordy was Bevo in effect just trying to save a shellacking, by not wanting Allir to have free rein?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo "I think tonight the rot started with how easily they marked the footy inside their own 50m". "We came in at quarter time and they had kicked five goals from nine entries and that is just a tragic ratio. That is one area of the game we let ourselves down in."

At least he is acknowledging what we are all saying. Now to put in place a plan to stop it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Bevo "I think tonight the rot started with how easily they marked the footy inside their own 50m". "We came in at quarter time and they had kicked five goals from nine entries and that is just a tragic ratio. That is one area of the game we let ourselves down in."

At least he is acknowledging what we are all saying. Now to put in place a plan to stop it!
    It's almost like ignoring genuine KPD's over the past few years has had a run on affect... No one to blame but bad list management when our tall stocks are so thin.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

18. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post