Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  88
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Port Adelaide R8 2022

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    We were not in this game. The scoreboard flattered us.
    Disagree. I thin we were right in it. Yes Port should have finished us off and probably should have won by more, but we definitely could have won this game. Bont missing was big. Add to Hunter, Keath, English and then lose Flea, Vanders and O'Brien in game compounds the matter. No surprise that the break was when O'Brien went off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I don't know if its just me but Treloar is starting to give me the pips. When we need him to be defensive he stands 5m off or jogs around doing his best impression of a baby bird try fly for the first time.
    He's so outside he might as well be on the other side of the stadium having a coffee waiting for the ball to come to him.
    May be I'm just a bit peeved how the night unfolded.
    He's been pretty ordinary this year for the most.part, but so has most of the list.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Our bottom group of players are just not up to it and letting us down badly. Out of the 11 players with the least touches on the ground we had nine of them. Nine!!!!

Disposals

Khamis 9
    O'Brien 9
    Weightman 9
    Scott 8
    Cordy 7
    Crozier 6
    Gardner 6
    McNeil 6
    Vanda 4

Out of the top six ball winners on the ground we had five!!!! We are asking too much to much of our best. When a few of our best are out we can't compete.

Macrae 32
    Dale 28
    Smith 24
    Libba 23
    Treloar 23

4. Thanks josie, macca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Losing O’Brien was costly, but why not make a move? It’s unbelievable. Is Bevo watching another game?
    Like last week, we went into the game with bare bones for talls. One injury to a tall last week would have hurt us like it did tonight.
    For some reason Bevo and the MC won't add much insurance to copping an injury
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    We were not in this game. The scoreboard flattered us.
    The score did flatter us. Still think we were in the game till HT. But then the wheels fell off once O’Brien came off. Exposed our lack of height.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I don't know if its just me but Treloar is starting to give me the pips. When we need him to be defensive he stands 5m off or jogs around doing his best impression of a baby bird try fly for the first time.
    He's so outside he might as well be on the other side of the stadium having a coffee waiting for the ball to come to him.
    May be I'm just a bit peeved how the night unfolded.
    The thing is though you don't want your best outside runner at the bottom of the pack. We're pretty good with quick hands in the contest and I'd rather it hit him in the open than say a McComb or Scott. I do get what you are saying but I think most of that would be game plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He's been pretty ordinary this year for the most.part, but so has most of the list.
    On Dunks and his Podcast this week he mentioned that he has been really disapointed in his season so far. Mainly that he isn't being physical enough at the contest and the man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Its football.....we are going to get injuries.
    Of course it is but a team like the Demons has a golden run whilst we are out of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    The score did flatter us. Still think we were in the game till HT. But then the wheels fell off once O’Brien came off. Exposed our lack of height.
    Agree 100%. But why not switch Cordy down back immediately? Or Khamis? We were alseep in the coaching box. Also should have played Shaw as the medi-sub. Blind freddy could see that was the right choice. I don't see what Crozier brings as the sub.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He's kinda hard to like.
    Really?? Maybe for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Like last week, we went into the game with bare bones for talls. One injury to a tall last week would have hurt us like it did tonight.
    For some reason Bevo and the MC won't add much insurance to copping an injury
    How is Shaq not at least the medi-sub? Just mind boggling stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

We came with the right inention. We jumped them. We dominated them in the first quarter. The scoreboard flattered them at 1/4 time. But yes, you are correct by the end it flattered us.
    Yeah, I was happy with about the first 15 minutes. We couldn't reel them in after that. Did we get back 2 back goals after the 1st quarter. It always seemed we gave up an easy one. The fight at the end was nice but we lost that game before the injuries piled up.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had 6 beers now (Balter XPA for MM who I think asked) but one thing I was kinda flat with was Bevo’s adjustments. Keeping Allir occupied with Cordy when we had him well in hand at the expense of letting Marshall look like Carey and Finlayson look like a really grim loser who happens to be good at footy really hurt us.

Also Dunkley should’ve been our match winner tonight, not isolated at full forward.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree 100%. But why not switch Cordy down back immediately? Or Khamis? We were alseep in the coaching box. Also should have played Shaw as the medi-sub. Blind freddy could see that was the right choice. I don't see what Crozier brings as the sub.
    The only reason I can think of would be to take Alir out of the game. If Cordy goes down back Alir would just take intercept after intercept. Obviously didn’t pan out that way and Cordy would have added more value down back.

Post Thanks / Like

Our bottom group of players are just not up to it and letting us down badly. Out of the 11 players with the least touches on the ground we had nine of them. Nine!!!!

Disposals

Khamis 9
    O'Brien 9
    Weightman 9
    Scott 8
    Cordy 7
    Crozier 6
    Gardner 6
    McNeil 6
    Vanda 4

Out of the top six ball winners on the ground we had five!!!! We are asking too much to much of our best. When a few of our best are out we can't compete.

Macrae 32
    Dale 28
    Smith 24
    Libba 23
    Treloar 23
    Very perceptive and very telling.

19. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post