Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  88
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Port Adelaide R8 2022

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Daniel has struggled since he stood over a certain ruck mid way through the 3rd quarter of our final game in 2021.
    I thought he was poor last night but it was evident that Port put time into both Daniel and Dale. Has he been bad all season? I thought he was very good last week against the Bombers.

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel and Dale weren’t influential due to the ease and delivery the port fwds got. Daniel is best when he eats up the poor disposals of the opposition going into their fwd 50. You dont get much of an opportunity when the opposition fwds are taking 16 marks inside 50 by 3 qtr time.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

3. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I thought he was poor last night but it was evident that Port put time into both Daniel and Dale. Has he been bad all season? I thought he was very good last week against the Bombers.
    Swoop I don’t think we can benchmark performance against Essendon or North Melbourne. We surely are aiming for top 4; not bottom 4. Have you been happy with his performance?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Swoop I don’t think we can benchmark performance against Essendon or North Melbourne. We surely are aiming for top 4; not bottom 4. Have you been happy with his performance?
    That's a fair comment. He hasn't been as prolific as he has in the past, but I also think his presence has allowed Dale to flourish.

He was moved in the 2nd half to the forward line, the question is now if his form is a problem, what is the solution? Has the load been picked up by others? Could he be more damaging elsewhere?

I wouldn't be against moving him further up the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Should've just stopped before the BUT!

Post Thanks / Like

When you take 5 of your best players in Bontempelli English Bruce Hunter and Keath out of your team, most teams would struggle.
    Our forward line without Bruce is a real concern leaving just one quality tall forward in Naughton. Equally troubling is our inability to recruit a second ruck man which puts enormous pressure on English when fit as our sole ruck man. I also believe that there is apart from Dale, Bailey Smith and Richards who is still looking to establish himself as a regular, that we lack genuine leg speed.

9. Likes josie, Grantysghost, GVGjr liked this post