Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  129
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R9 2022

Whist Luke Cleary's debut game was good, what really impressed me was his composure and decision making with ball in hand. Quite at odds with such an inexperienced player at this level.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Dissent should be swearing at the umpire. To give away a 50 putting out your arms in the heat of the game is laughable.
    yes it is embarrassing for the game. I really feel for umpires and think the direction is good. Anyway players will get used to it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

My son said to me that the dissent rule was brought in to show more respect for the umpires and he then went on to say it's having the opposite effect.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

5. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How good has Khamis been? It's not like he is getting a lot of the ball but he's been impactful. This is not a knock on Marra but it highlights you don't have to get 15 possessions to make an impact.
    Marra to go to CHB in the VFL for a few weeks? Thoughts?

Khamis plays with an urgency and passion for the footy that is noticeable - to be fair, so does Naughton.

Marra needs to add a bit of down and dirty to his game...he's a nice player and would be a devastating player at junior level but the contrast in effort between Jamarra and Khamis right now is stark.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Likes DOG GOD, Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Khamis plays with an urgency and passion for the footy that is noticeable - to be fair, so does Naughton.

Marra needs to add a bit of down and dirty to his game...he's a nice player and would be a devastating player at junior level but the contrast in effort between Jamarra and Khamis right now is stark.
    Not a bad suggestion for Marra given supply to the Footscray forwards isn't great but I do feel like he would benefit for a 3 or 4 goal haul there.

It's great to see the non traditional pathway for Khamis is starting to pay dividends. He's got a long way to go but there is something there that we can hopefully turn into s regular senior player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Thanks Nuggety Back Pocket thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Those 50mtr penalties for dissent were clearly wrong, the AFL needs to work with the umpires to tighten up on the interpretation.
    Yes I thought that dissent could only be following a decision, rather than a non-decision. Khamis appealing for an in the back free kick does not strike me as at all different to players appealing for a deliberate out of bounds free.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    My son said to me that the dissent rule was brought in to show more respect for the umpires and he then went on to say it's having the opposite effect.
    If your son can see that then the AFL has lost its way
    Is a rule to make AFL players robots . It’s taken the passion out of the game

Buku got a push in the back and he was asking was that really a mark ?
    Kids are the ones who speak the truth

Post Thanks / Like

On one of the Fox shows the question was raised if you can also “be dissented” if you’re upset about a non decision. E.g we execute a perfect tackle, as the ball slips free, the ump does not make a call and we make a gesture of the arms to indicate he/she should have. Or we are held in a marking contest and throw the arms out to indicate we’ve been held. Apparently Brad Scott was specifically asked, and said it’s dissent and a free could be paid.

The fact that Scott whose in the box idiocy and petulance was second to none is in charge of this agenda is mind blowing. And as always it’s inconsistently and confusingly applied.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

13. Likes josie, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What..? No way.. He was always professional!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

I actually posted in the VFL thread that he needs to be put in the backline.

I really feel he needs to play where he can get involved in the play and just build some confidence.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    On one of the Fox shows the question was raised if you can also “be dissented” if you’re upset about a non decision. E.g we execute a perfect tackle, as the ball slips free, the ump does not make a call and we make a gesture of the arms to indicate he/she should have. Or we are held in a marking contest and throw the arms out to indicate we’ve been held. Apparently Brad Scott was specifically asked, and said it’s dissent and a free could be paid.

The fact that Scott whose in the box idiocy and petulance was second to none is in charge of this agenda is mind blowing. And as always it’s inconsistently and confusingly applied.
    More and more the AFL is losing the plot. Games are becoming almost unwatchable with absolute stupid rules.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    More and more the AFL is losing the plot. Games are becoming almost unwatchable with absolute stupid rules.
    I was initially ok with 666, but coupled with stand and the kick outs where you can run to the centre it's become a game devoid of the ability to defend consistently.

Goals goals goals!

Games have these huge run ons at the moment and they can't be stopped.

18. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Living in a rugby league heartland, I have a few mates who watch footy with me and then, regularly go “what is going on? What are the rules?” And occasionally they put swear words in to emphasise particular parts of that sentence. It’s hard to welcome people to the sport at the moment. It’s so over officiated that it’s inaccessible for people. The administration of the sport has lost their focus - which should be “a match that is fun, safe and accessible for everyone to play and watch”. It’s just crazy.

And I say this as… the DeGoey 50 was the most rubbish free. Even way worse than the Buku one. It’s just nuts.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I actually posted in the VFL thread that he needs to be put in the backline.

I really feel he needs to play where he can get involved in the play and just build some confidence.
    A couple of weeks ago I said to try Marra on the wing. Make him run not jog. I will stick to that.

22. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aflca votes :

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs
    9 Adam Treloar (WB)
    8 Bailey Smith (WB)
    5 Josh Dunkley (WB)
    4 Jack Macrae (WB)
    3 Bailey Dale (WB)
    1 Aaron Naughton (WB)

LEADERBOARD