Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  129
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R9 2022

I think Buku needs to work on his tank.
    He's good early but seems to fade later in the game in the off season he needs to work with the Bont.
    But he looks to be cementing a spot in the team.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Agree. King made a comment after the game we’ll forget JUH quickly. If Buku keeps going like this it’s that exact Marra role and hard to see him being displaced. Also a good lesson in persistence and building a game at VFL level over a period of time.
    I like what I see of Buku. Good at reading the play, his last quarter goal was good running and being involved in the passage of where the flight of the ball was moving.

He just has to work on his physicality, intensity and body positioning. Once he goes go harder at the ball, his going to be a handful when that happens and establish cult figure. His work rate is there but tank not yet.

Great first quarter absolutely smashed the pies .

Adam Treloar BOG and winning the medal. Thanks Collingwood for paying for this salary

Post Thanks / Like

How did Cleary, West and Sweet go?

Post Thanks / Like

They had a really good graphic up showing Treloar vs. Lipinski prior to the game, that showed they were evenly matched across disposals and score involvements etc......but one thing they didn't show was actual goals and prior to today Treloar was leading that six to three.

He's now at nine to four.

I don't mind Lipinski and if he was in our side now it would be a clear sign our midfield wasn't nearly as good as it is. It showed tonight.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Cleary accounted for himself well enough, had some calmness when he got it but in reality there wasn't much forward for the Pies. A couple of good kicks, a couple bad. Overall a good debut.

West was really disciplined and clever when he needed to be instead of trying to be all the time. Good game.

Sweet was OK and nullified the ruck contest mostly. Tried hard and laid a few tackles, and if it wasn't for some concrete hands early and at other times of the game would have made a stronger impact. Good first game for the year.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    first time i thought it was my imagination but are they booing buku?

Is there a reason or are they just being as racist as you'd expect?
    boooooku
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    All ended up with a positive performance. Buku early on especially, hitting the scoreboard. West was hard and did some nice work in tight traffic (much like his old man at times).West's only negative was he gave away some dumb, lazy and obvious free kicks.

Sweet was solid, but I'll reserve judgement til he plays against some better opponents.

Cleary handled the occasion well, and was good by foot and definitely quick to pick up the pace at this level.

Post Thanks / Like

Just back from the game and it was a great win. I will never get tired of beating the Pies. The first quarter onslaught really took away the crowd factor too which was nice. Unlike last week we made our early domination count. The Pies had some looks even with our domination but could not take their chances like Port did last week. It is a long way back when you concede the first six goals.

Just so happy for Treloar tonight. Great game. He had great composure with ball in hand and really made his posessions counts. Also nice to finish of his hard work with three goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching the replay and wow, I know its a hard and at times subjective game to officiate, but the inconsistency within the game is frustrating at times. In the first Richards gets pinged for not disposing the ball quick enough, when he was spun in a tackle, despite getting the handball out. OK, I thought he was stiff, but, okay as long as they're consistent......then to see similar situations where a Collingwood player ( I think Noble was one for the Pies) was the one being tackled allowed to go unpunished was puzzling.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from the game with my brother who is a Pies fan.

Very important win tonight for us. Keeps us in the hunt and battle for the finals. Need to get some consistency going now in the season.

The 1st quarter set this game up kicking 6 goals to 1. It evened out as the game went on and the Pies had some moments but we were well in control.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

13. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did people think of Williams playing wing? Should have nailed two goals as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner close to our most improved player this year, he is resilient and even now brave enough now to come inside and back his foot skills. Ok maybe he shouldn't come inside like ever again, but it just shows his confidence at the level is growing.

One thing our fitness staff seem to do well is get players ready to play when coming off injury lay offs, Keath was excellent along side Gardy in his first game back.

Sweet kind of gave us a glimpse of what we look like out of the middle in the first 6 games last year when Martin was winning the hitouts . Never easy to make an impact first up after a long spell well done.

Baz and Buku yes please.

McNiel Scott and McComb um no thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Just watching the replay and wow, I know its a hard and at times subjective game to officiate, but the inconsistency within the game is frustrating at times. In the first Richards gets pinged for not disposing the ball quick enough, when he was spun in a tackle, despite getting the handball out. OK, I thought he was stiff, but, okay as long as they're consistent......then to see similar situations where a Collingwood player ( I think Noble was one for the Pies) was the one being tackled allowed to go unpunished was puzzling.
    When I saw that decision against Richards I thought of three times Buddy was swung in a 360 tackle in '16 GF that were not called.

17. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What did people think of Williams playing wing? Should have nailed two goals as well.

Step in the right direction.

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is definiltey a better option than Roarke Smith. He looked OK. He has a natural attacking flair to his game and he appeared to play with more confidence when not having to worry about a dangerous forward.

21. Likes merantau liked this post