Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  129
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R9 2022

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Is anyone else thinking that Doc Duryea is struggling a bit?

It's like there's something weighing on his mind or he's just not quite going at the moment.
    Caleb Daniel looks like he is in the same boat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What did people think of Williams playing wing?
    Should have nailed two goals as well.
    ß
    I thought he played ok. You are so right about the goals. I've seen him doall the work to get into position to kick a running goal on a number of occasions only to see him miss. Frustrating. And the set shot miss was a shocker. He's an attacking player and a long kick. We need his type.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Prior to the Macrae HTB which led to a Collingwood goal, Noble was caught dead to rights twice. So frustrating.
    "dead to rights". Haven't heard than idiom for a long time. "Bang to rights" was another variation. It was very common in London in the 70s.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Those 50mtr penalties for dissent were clearly wrong, the AFL needs to work with the umpires to tighten up on the interpretation.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

How good has Khamis been? It's not like he is getting a lot of the ball but he's been impactful. This is not a knock on Marra but it highlights you don't have to get 15 possessions to make an impact.

6. Likes SonofScray, Swoop, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    ß
    I thought he played ok. You are so right about the goals. I've seen him doall the work to get into position to kick a running goal on a number of occasions only to see him miss. Frustrating. And the set shot miss was a shocker. He's an attacking player and a long kick. We need his type.
    Agree - thought tonight was a better performance from BW. Still making some silly mistakes (not on his own) but was involved in some nice passages of play. If he can nail some of those shots then this will further enhance his position. He definitely needs to take his chance on the wing as there is a spot for him there (particularly with Hunter out).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Those 50mtr penalties for dissent were clearly wrong, the AFL needs to work with the umpires to tighten up on the interpretation.
    Dissent should be swearing at the umpire. To give away a 50 putting out your arms in the heat of the game is laughable.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

9. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How good has Khamis been? It's not like he is getting a lot of the ball but he's been impactful. This is not a knock on Marra but it highlights you don't have to get 15 possessions to make an impact.
    Khamis looks like he wants to be part of it. Looks to have a hunger and a desire to succeed. Has a great leap, cat like at ground level.
    And the thing I like about Khamis is that he draws the ball, like Naughton, and you get the feeling he just might do something when the ball goes near him.
    Jamarra is a #1 pick and with that comes expectations. Jamarra just needs to understand his role, work on his basics and get that hunger. He quite a laconic type, like he’s just going through the motions. I want to see an aggression in the air, and an aggression when he doesn’t have the ball. He will get there if he has that mindset, that he has to work for it and not expect it just coz he went #1.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

11. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant. What a talent.

Societally beneficial too. So many young boys and girls with African heritage out in the west, so unfairly maligned by many it's great to see a yoing guy like Buku show what these kids can bring to our community.
    Its a shame in some ways sport is the vehicle but hey Aussies love their sport!

Can't wait to see his career blossom from here.

Marra has some work to do for sure!

13. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, merantau, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Caleb Daniel looks like he is in the same boat
    Yeah up til 3Qtr time I was marking Caleb down for an anchor mention, but felt he turned the corner in the last with some nice ball use. His pulled kick at the last minute to McNeil was Caleb at his best. Let's hope he continues this trend from here, because he was looking very down on confidence til the last Qtr.

Post Thanks / Like

The dissent for Buku who was pushed in the back is overboard to the max and it wasn't called by the nearest umpire calling the shot.
    Although the commentary said something about Dunkley and Meredith so may be it was against Dunkley because if it was against Buku that is way, way over the top.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

16. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    The dissent for Buku who was pushed in the back is overboard to the max and it wasn't called by the nearest umpire calling the shot.
    Although the commentary said something about Dunkley and Meredith so may be it was against Dunkley because if it was against Buku that is way, way over the top.
    I think it must've been as the non controlling umpire called it.
    Buku really didn't show any dissent he just looked bewildered like I was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think it must've been as the non controlling umpire called it.
    Buku really didn't show any dissent he just looked bewildered like I was.
    It was a terrible call, as was the De Goey one.

I’d thought the intent was to stop verbal abuse at umpires and chat, not a bit of emotion. Time for a clarification.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I think Dunkley was asking on Buku's behalf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Khamis looks like he wants to be part of it. Looks to have a hunger and a desire to succeed. Has a great leap, cat like at ground level.
    And the thing I like about Khamis is that he draws the ball, like Naughton, and you get the feeling he just might do something when the ball goes near him.
    Jamarra is a #1 pick and with that comes expectations. Jamarra just needs to understand his role, work on his basics and get that hunger. He quite a laconic type, like he’s just going through the motions. I want to see an aggression in the air, and an aggression when he doesn’t have the ball. He will get there if he has that mindset, that he has to work for it and not expect it just coz he went #1.
    I put a very low level of expectation on Ugle-Hagan this year but even doing that he has been a bit disappointing. That said I'm very bullish on him in the next 12 months.
    Khamis has plenty to learn but has brought his Footscray form into the seniors and it will be interesting to see how long he can hold his spot for.

21. Likes DOG GOD, macca liked this post