Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  129
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R9 2022

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Gardner close to our most improved player this year, he is resilient and even now brave enough now to come inside and back his foot skills. Ok maybe he shouldn't come inside like ever again, but it just shows his confidence at the level is growing.

One thing our fitness staff seem to do well is get players ready to play when coming off injury lay offs, Keath was excellent along side Gardy in his first game back.

Sweet kind of gave us a glimpse of what we look like out of the middle in the first 6 games last year when Martin was winning the hitouts . Never easy to make an impact first up after a long spell well done.

Baz and Buku yes please.

McNiel Scott and McComb um no thanks.
    Gardner was good tonight and has improved. To be fair, the Pies don't have a genuine tall forward which made our defenders lives easier. We didn't look exposed at all tonight under the high ball.

Post Thanks / Like

We had the top seven disposal winners tonight on the ground.

Baz 41
    Macrae 37
    Treloar 35
    Daniel 34
    Libba 31
    Dale 29
    Bont 26

The Pies had the bottom five dispoal winners

Brown 5
    Macrae 4
    Madgen 3
    McCreery 3
    Begg 2

Very different to last week where our best were very goood but then we fell away. This week our best were super but we had a much better contribution across the ground.

3. Thanks Eastdog, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba started the season slowly. But he his starting to get his mojo back. Was outstanding tonight. Ran hard all night and had a big influence on the game. Got us going early.

31 touches
    12 contested possesions
    12 score involvements
    8 tackles
    4 clearances

5. Likes macca, MrMahatma, merantau, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    They had a really good graphic up showing Treloar vs. Lipinski prior to the game, that showed they were evenly matched across disposals and score involvements etc......but one thing they didn't show was actual goals and prior to today Treloar was leading that six to three.

He's now at nine to four.

I don't mind Lipinski and if he was in our side now it would be a clear sign our midfield wasn't nearly as good as it is. It showed tonight.
    I thought Lippa was really good tonight. Worked really hard was second highest distance covered (15k) and had 23 pressure acts.

He played alot across the defensive side (70 percent of his disposal) so not sure why they were comparing goals.

Lippa's big constraint is his leg speed, he's got one gear only!

Treloar was sublime, his best game for us I think.

7. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I thought Lippa was really good tonight. Worked really hard was second highest distance covered (15k) and had 23 pressure acts.

He played alot across the defensive side (70 percent of his disposal) so not sure why they were comparing goals.

Lippa has a few constraints. Leg speed is one. Clearance work is another (only one tonight). Also for me, he just isn't tougher enough at times. A few times again needed to go harder at the contest and stand under the ball stronger in marking contests. He isn't a mid I would like to take into a big final.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Just watching the replay and wow, I know its a hard and at times subjective game to officiate, but the inconsistency within the game is frustrating at times. In the first Richards gets pinged for not disposing the ball quick enough, when he was spun in a tackle, despite getting the handball out. OK, I thought he was stiff, but, okay as long as they're consistent......then to see similar situations where a Collingwood player ( I think Noble was one for the Pies) was the one being tackled allowed to go unpunished was puzzling.
    Get ready for it to be a theme Mal.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What did people think of Williams playing wing? Should have nailed two goals as well.
    He's the player I'm most frustrated with at present. He is good enough to kick one of two goals he's given a chance to kick, but lack composure.

Tonight he ended up with none, after two really good chances and with the latter a plus fifty point win would have been so much better.

Post Thanks / Like

The point was they weren't comparing goals, rather, they were comparing everything but goals. They could have also compared time in the midfield, which I reckon Lippa would be faring higher in this year.

I really do like Lippa, and if we didn't have who we have playing then he'd be playing for us. But you point to him getting back and doing it in the defencive half. That's pretty much the last place I want my midfielders making an impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else thinking that Doc Duryea is struggling a bit?

It's like there's something weighing on his mind or he's just not quite going at the moment.

14. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The point was they weren't comparing goals, rather, they were comparing everything but goals. They could have also compared time in the midfield, which I reckon Lippa would be faring higher in this year.

I really do like Lippa, and if we didn't have who we have playing then he'd be playing for us. But you point to him getting back and doing it in the defencive half. That's pretty much the last place I want my midfielders making an impact.
    Ah got ya.

I like him too, but he was just with us at the wrong time.

You're right, if he was getting game time with us currently it would indicate we'd regressed in the midfield.
    Pies list is a bit shit really isn't it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah got ya.

I like him too, but he was just with us at the wrong time.

You're right, if he was getting game time with us currently it would indicate we'd regressed in the midfield.
    Pies list is a bit shit really isn't it.
    And remember, I was talking about the pre-game comparison not tonight's.

The bolded bit I can't really say for sure, all I can say is if we didn't have one or two of who we did then he would probably be getting a game in the middle for us. But then again, Caleb Daniel would probably be getting a game in the middle for us under the same circumstances. It's actually amazing we don't think about Daniel as a midfield candidate given his attributes and how he uses the ball. Let alone his running capacity.

In that scenario Caleb doing things in the middle means we don't have to play him back, and then we don't have a bottle neck of candidates in that area and the defencive six or whatever it is now could probably settle more.

Who we don't play in the midfield and why we don't is a really good example of how coaching and MCs in the game believe how things turn out in a game are on a knife's edge.

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beat their *!*!*!*!in arse. Everywhere. Also I went to Darcy Moore’s hood and no one knew him.

Streets are saying Dogs are back.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes chef, The Underdog, hujsh, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    He is definiltey a better option than Roarke Smith. He looked OK. He has a natural attacking flair to his game and he appeared to play with more confidence when not having to worry about a dangerous forward.
    As we all would
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

21. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    As we all would
    Now that is true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Beat their *!*!*!*!in arse. Everywhere. Also I went to Darcy Moore’s hood and no one knew him.

Streets are saying Dogs are back.
    I forget how big Clifton Hill is sometimes.