• Stefan Martin

4 20.00%
  • Zaine Cordy

7 35.00%
  • Ryan Gardner

1 5.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nominate your Persona Non Grata for season 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Shaqs mine. Has got all the tools to be a good player but sadly is as soft as a marshmallow. These types just annoy the hell out of me. Stick Zaine in his body and he'd be a gun.
    Another out of band nomination. Nice.

The thing I'm most surprised by is the rise and rise of Ryan Gardner.

He was the ultimate whipping boy for ages but has well and truly shed that moniker, hasn't cracked it for a mention or a vote so far!

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    JJ is walking the whipping boy tightrope no doubt. I think his back half of last season and early form this season have been very good, maybe his best since the 2016 season.
    Yeah I've been hard on JJ but he did well in the back half of the year. He'll need to produce again, but he's out of the sights for now.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

JJ is walking the whipping boy tightrope no doubt. I think his back half of last season and early form this season have been very good, maybe his best since the 2016 season.
    I reckon when he came second in the Sutton Medal in 2017 he was pretty good and again in 2018 when he came seventh, or fourth in 2019 (he came tenth in 2016). The few weeks where he struggled to shake a tag without any real help from his team mates probably sticks in the minds of supporters more than it should, but what can you do?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I reckon when he came second in the Sutton Medal in 2017 he was pretty good and again in 2018 when he came seventh, or fourth in 2019 (he came tenth in 2016). The few weeks where he struggled to shake a tag without any real help from his team mates probably sticks in the minds of supporters more than it should, but what can you do?
    I like JJ, I think he is a valuable player.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I've read this before and I keep forgetting. Thanks for the reminder.
    All those years homogenise in my bad memory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I like JJ, I think he is a valuable player.
    Same here, he can still be a very good contributor for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I go along with the nomination for Jamarra Ugle-Hagen, Honestly speaking, unless on a lead, he never seems to entirely commit himself to bodlining the ball. And he will be even more odds on for "whipping boy" notoriety if his form in the twos doesn't warrant promotion. His casual attack on the ball, even in the "ressies", does not fill me with confidence that he will fulfill his potential.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I go along with the nomination for Jamarra Ugle-Hagen, Honestly speaking, unless on a lead, he never seems to entirely commit himself to bodlining the ball. And he will be even more odds on for "whipping boy" notoriety if his form in the twos doesn't warrant promotion. His casual attack on the ball, even in the "ressies", does not fill me with confidence that he will fulfill his potential.
    If he was pick 35 would you have the same expectation?

I get it. But I don't at the same time.

Name another player from his draft year we took and see how they're travelling I guess is my point.(it's only Bendendo)

Probably flying under the radar.

But totally valid point you're making. He needs to show incremental progression so you're entitled to your thoughts J54!

Disclaimer I'm Marra's sponsor and in no way know the guy but have spent some time with him and his parents and he is an elite worker. .
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 08-03-2022 at 08:27 PM.

14. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If he was pick 35 would you have the same expectation?

I get it. But I don't at the same time.

Name another player from his draft year we took and see how they're travelling I guess is my point.(it's only Bendendo)

Probably flying under the radar.

But totally valid point you're making. He needs to show incremental progression

Disclaimer I'm Marra's sponsor and in no way know the guy but have spent some time with him and his parents and he is an elite worker. .
    Marra is on the tally board xD

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply GG. Your disclaimer means you are coming from a position of knowledge. And that gives credence to your comment. Obviously I wish him all the best for this year and a long, bright future with the Doggies.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

17. Likes Grantysghost, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to reply GG. Your disclaimer means you are coming from a position of knowledge. And that gives credence to your comment. Obviously I wish him all the best for this year and a long, bright future with the Doggies.
    Is there a more mature forum on earth xD (apart from that guy on GF day (where's happy days?))?

Post Thanks / Like

Rhylee West. Barely rates a mention so is already persona non grata… Im not sure he figures in enough games to actually win this award, but burning opportunities through over enthusiasm (and a bit of carelessness) and maybe with a sprinkle of aggro from his much beloved father could see him climb the ranks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Rhylee West. Barely rates a mention so is already persona non grata… Im not sure he figures in enough games to actually win this award, but burning opportunities through over enthusiasm (and a bit of carelessness) and maybe with a sprinkle of aggro from his much beloved father could see him climb the ranks.
    TBH I'd be surprised if he doesn't seek a trade.
    There are probably some very similar types (Riley Garcia) that are just ahead of him on the pecking order.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

21. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Great call. Is easily the player i am least positive on, just figured he isn't close enough to playing for me to put him up for this award.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Wednesday morning leaderboard update..... !

It's too close to call at this stage - perennial whipees Zaine Cordy and Mitch Hannan neck and neck on 4 votes each followed closely by the silver fox big Stef Martin on 3.

We've had a swathe of out of band nominations, you guys are very expansive whippers ! (or i stuffed up the poll)

- Laith Vandermeer
    - Lachie Hunter's kicking
    - Norm himself Jason Johannisen
    - Matt Suckling (I feel Easternwest orchestrated this)
    - The entire match committee !
    - Josh Schache
    - Jamarra Ugle-Hagen
    - Rhylee West

Maybe we will see a winner from outside the poll?

Voting closes in 3 days - get those votes in woofers !