0 0%
  • Average

7 87.50%
  • Below Average

1 12.50%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2021: Anthony Scott 28

Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I may need to hurry this up.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2021: Anthony Scott 28

No stranger to VU Whitten Oval, Anthony Scott became an AFL Bulldog in March 2021 via the pre-season supplemental selection period. A member of Footscray’s VFL program in 2019, he won the Club best and fairest in his debut season while showcasing his ability to play across all three lines. A versatile, ready-made player, Scott featured at senior level on 21 occasions in season 2021.
    LINK

Post Thanks / Like

He surprised me with what he was able to achieve last season, a genuine spare parts player capable of contributing in a few different roles. Lets see if he can go on with it this year. He needs to be able to lift his possession rate.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Did alright to get 21 games out of the season I don't if he can improve on that and as GVGjr said he's a spare parts player and handy if you need to fill some holes due to others not being available.

Post Thanks / Like

Voted him average but I thought he showed some dash during 2021 and was an ideal medical sub. Could be handy but not in the best 22 at this stage.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Voted average, he can come in to fill a spot without looking out of place. You need a few foot soldiers out there.

8. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Voted him average but I thought he showed some dash during 2021 and was an ideal medical sub. Could be handy but not in the best 22 at this stage.
    Good call. He's close to being in the best 22 but still a very handy option for Bevo.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Was very against his recruitment, not because of anything against him as such but more couldn't see the value in adding another small mid/half forward type when we had/have so many holes that need filling on our list.

Really like him though, he takes his time with the ball, is good in the contest and plays those side roles fairly well. Very comfortable with him not being best 22 but being very reliable depth.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

11. Likes GVGjr, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott played 21 games in 2021 which is a fair effort in a team good enough to play off for a premiership. I think he plays better in the forward half and seems to be a smart footballer. He certainly was at VFL Level. He needs to get more involved however if he is to earn a regular place in the team going forward. His average disposal count of about 9 possessions a game is not enough. No doubt he is being given specific tasks and a role to play but that is a desperately low possession count. With those numbers he would need to be impacting on the scoreboard more or at least be damaging with his disposal. I hope he can move it up a gear.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

13. Likes GVGjr, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also voted him average but thought he had a super year considering he'd never had an opportunity at the level

He is a clever decision maker, and has game sense/feel and I think he can improve his ability to hurt teams - good skills on both sides etc

I'm wary to write off a guy who has continued to rise with every opportunity hes been given - hasnt started the 2022 pre season matches in the 22 but may be coming off a few niggles etc