Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  54
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round Three v Sydney at Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sam Landsberger reporting a positive Covid case, but not sure who?
    Stef Martin apparently.
    Was in the mix to play according to the herald sun.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that nobody really played well in the VFL outside of McComb but it's really frustrating to roll with the same team a third week in a row with one or two changes.

Hunter has to repay the faith and kill it, he's been diabolical through both the season and preseason and we can't just keep him in the team based on his efforts.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at our selected side (Baz for Crozier) i would be very tempted to play Jamarra on a half forward flank. Give him room to move and develop his forward skills without being crashed by bigger bodies. Let him lead up to the ball coming in. He is a superb lead and distance, with his kicking ability, is not a problem.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

5. Likes GVGjr, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo mentioned that no one in the VFL has put their hand up and he's kinda right which is disappointing.
    In the VFL I heard that Sweet was second fiddle to Martin and going on age it should be the other way round.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It’s more the fact he’s doubling down and publicly rationalising a flawed approach to such a critical part of the game that is concerning. I understand that he’s not going to admit he’s wrong at a press conference even if he is planning on changing course, but I doubt that is actually on the cards. It’s Timmy going solo or bust and even if we did want to go with 2 genuine ruck options, Stef and Sweet are not the types to pair with English anyway.

We put all our eggs in one basket and now we live with the consequences.
    in the first half of the season last year either Martin or Sweet played in every game and it was remarkably successful. When neither played things started going off the rails.

I watched Tim very carefully last week and he was a disaster at the centre bounce. Most of the time he couldn’t get his hand near the ball and when he did he hit it dforward to the Melbourne player who set up there. Gave them at least 4 breakaway clearances. Our midfielders were trying to defend, displaying no faith in their own ruckman. That’s why the scoreboard was saying 14 hitouts to advantage to two early in the second half.

In every other aspect of the game he was a superstar. If you want him in the centre make him the rover. He actually played that role well a few times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I know that nobody really played well in the VFL outside of McComb but it's really frustrating to roll with the same team a third week in a row with one or two changes.

Hunter has to repay the faith and kill it, he's been diabolical through both the season and preseason and we can't just keep him in the team based on his efforts.
    But isn’t that the problem? I mean if there is no one playing well at the VFL how can you expect changes to made. There is no justification hence basically the same team three weeks in a row. Not sure what else to expect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    But isn’t that the problem? I mean if there is no one playing well at the VFL how can you expect changes to made. There is no justification hence basically the same team three weeks in a row. Not sure what else to expect.
    That's why I said it's frustrating, we don't even have the luxury to bring in players that performed well in the VFL because there were none.

Post Thanks / Like

Logan McDonald dropped for the Swans after 0 goals and 11 possessions in the first 2 rounds. Since he was taken 3 picks after Jamarra in the same draft I look forward to the media pile that JUH would receive in those circumstances.

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post

I thought he played well in the second half
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Bevo mentioned that no one in the VFL has put their hand up and he's kinda right which is disappointing.
    In the VFL I heard that Sweet was second fiddle to Martin and going on age it should be the other way round.
    I watched a bit of that game and for quite a while I didn’t think Sweet was actually playing. Martin had a lot of time in the ruck, he looked fit and keen but was too old to jump. Don’t expect Sweet to do anything other than go backwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I watched a bit of that game and for quite a while I didn’t think Sweet was actually playing. Martin had a lot of time in the ruck, he looked fit and keen but was too old to jump. Don’t expect Sweet to do anything other than go backwards.
    As feared during the trade period where we couldn't add a ruckman we are very thin for viable options. Hannan appears to be our back-up option replacing Lewy Young from last year..

Sweet looks a fair way off the mark but has moved onto the emergency list for us. Martin doesn't look like he is moving well enough

It's perplexing to work out what we can do with our ruck set-up.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    As feared during the trade period where we couldn't add a ruckman we are very thin for viable options. Hannan appears to be our back-up option replacing Lewy Young from last year..

Sweet looks a fair way off the mark but has moved onto the emergency list for us. Martin doesn't look like he is moving well enough

Then a hero comes along....
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Thanks chef, The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Logan McDonald dropped for the Swans after 0 goals and 11 possessions in the first 2 rounds. Since he was taken 3 picks after Jamarra in the same draft I look forward to the media pile that JUH would receive in those circumstances.
    I am more worried about McDonald's replacement

Joel Amartey is a very promising young tall who plays forward and ruck.

If Keath goes with Franklin (good luck with that), then who goes with Amartey and McLean?

We are going to get hammered.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

Then a hero comes along....
    No way we get a first rounder when he cracks it this time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Mid season draft is our only hope
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.