Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  141
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Club Statement

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Club Statement

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    When do we want to hear from KWW? Ever, or never?

After a day I moderated on my view of Bevo, after some sleep I've moderated further and a de-escalation of the situation from us was important and I think the apology and the further statement for our corporate stakeholders and members generally was important.
    I'm happy to hear from her more and more, she's brilliant. I just thought Bevo's response was first class and more than sufficient.

The Karma bus with Morris just makes it all so much better. I just wished Bevo had have leaked the story on Morris before Fox did.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the club's response was exactly the right call, and hit the right tone both in calling out his actions and also in showing him support.

4. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Max469, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Weak as expected from KWW.
    Melbourne's president, who is also similarly new in her role like ours, did not back down one inch and fully/unequivocally publicly supported her coach after bullying allegations against Goodwin surfaced in the media. Never give in to the media mob.

The difference between our club and the Demons, both on and off the field, could not be starker at the moment.

KWW should remain invisible after today's utterly meek display. Perhaps the corporation that she moonights for day to day might do well to clean their own house first - some very gross and disturbing allegations at the house of the mouse in recent days. Peter Gordon would not have rolled over to the AFL and the media pack so comprehensively as KWW did.

Bevo's great strength is his loyalty and passion. If we neuter him, we will.destroy what makes him so good at his craft and so valuable to our club.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=cono...WRq84_rZk,st:0

Should've doubled down and done this.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes Sedat, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Melbourne's president, who is also similarly new in her role like ours, did not back down one inch and fully/unequivocally publicly supported her coach after bullying allegations against Goodwin surfaced in the media. Never give in to the media mob.

The difference between our club and the Demons, both on and off the field, could not be starker at the moment.

KWW should remain invisible after today's utterly meek display. Perhaps the corporation that she moonights for day to day might do well to clean their own house first - some very gross and disturbing allegations at the house of the mouse in recent days. Peter Gordon would not have rolled over to the AFL and the media pack so comprehensively as KWW did.

Bevo's great strength is his loyalty and passion. If we neuter him, we will.destroy what makes him so good at his craft and so valuable to our club.
    Welcome back Sedat, a post or two on the music board needs your input.

Back to Bevo I'm not comfortable with how this has played out today.

Gut feel is if Peter Gordon was still in the chair not sure we'd have an apology - we would've stood with Bevo and moved on.

Ride the wave for 25 weeks of us against them mentality.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes Sedat, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The more I read the clubs response it is corporate fluff and we put it out to be seen to being doing the right thing. Wonder what crisis management expert pulled it together? Or did we just google "crisis management statement"?

Now I'm wonder if those are Luke's words or the clubs?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I don't agree with you but man I love how you write!

House of the mouse I lolzed hard.

Our Walt would never be controversial. He's as pure as the white skin of a Teutonic knight.....

14. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As usual, what Sedat said!

Melbourne backed their coach to the hilt in the face of much worse. We go the crisis management route and condone ours for hurting the feelings of a grub.

Weak AP.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    As usual, what Sedat said!

Melbourne backed their coach to the hilt in the face of much worse. We go the crisis management route and condone ours for hurting the feelings of a grub.

Weak AP.
    Goodwin's were historical allegations that they had already dealt with at the time. They had every reason to support a coach who had (according to them) improved in those areas since. And just won a premiership.

This was a fresh and very public situation - crisis management was the correct route.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Goodwin's were historical allegations that they had already dealt with at the time. They had every reason to support a coach who had (according to them) improved in those areas since. And just won a premiership.

This was a fresh and very public situation - crisis management was the correct route.
    For thou art wise.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff all round imo, Bevo stuffed up and apologised. Issue dead and we move on.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Club handed it perfectly. You can’t defend that behaviour, tone and conduct no matter how right you are. The club had to be strong and apologise unequivocally to put this to bed. Move on.

The irony is that it is now Morris who is in hot water and has been stood down.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo's apology was more than sufficient, the rest is unnecessary PC imo. In his 157 or so games as our coach he has never overstepped the line. Any move by the Club to sanction him for this would lead to a member and supporter revolt. He has the utmost respect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Bevo's apology was more than sufficient, the rest is unnecessary PC imo. In his 157 or so games as our coach he has never overstepped the line. Any move by the Club to sanction him for this would lead to a member and supporter revolt. He has the utmost respect.
    I guess we don't have to think about the AFL and commercial partnerships.

Like it or not there's a business side to the club that needs to be managed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I guess we don't have to think about the AFL and commercial partnerships.

Like it or not there's a business side to the club that needs to be managed.
    Which is why the apology was sufficient. He owned his behaviour and admitted he made a mistake. I doubt sponsors or commercial partners would have been demanding the club leaders to come out and publicly condone him. And if we’d held fire for about 3 hours, it would have been even more of a non issue.

The club condoning him and donating $20k on Bevo’s behalf? Please.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

24. Likes Sedat liked this post