Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  141
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Club Statement

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Club Statement

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I disagree. This had to be done.

We all love Bevo but he let himself and the Club down yesterday, even if his intentions to protect the club were honourable. The media, sponsors and supporters are watching this closely and it is important we limit the fall out. This is a sensible move by Bevo & the Club.
    I agree. Whether well intentioned or not it came across as a deflection from what was ultimately a disappointing performance. All the talk during the Summer about making amends for the GF capitulation was just talk. His berating of Morris missed the mark by a long way. It wasn't even a coherent rant. It would have been so much more effective if delivered in a calm and rational manner. All it says to me is that we have issues inside the club. Not sure what they are but there are issues and the leaking of information is a symptom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Nice stuff all round imo, Bevo stuffed up and apologised. Issue dead and we move on.
    That is how I see it.

Tom proving what I always thought of him - a dickhead with those leaked videos and Trump shirt.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes chef, macca, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The more I read the clubs response it is corporate fluff and we put it out to be seen to being doing the right thing. Wonder what crisis management expert pulled it together? Or did we just google "crisis management statement"?

Now I'm wonder if those are Luke's words or the clubs?
    I agree. Its corporate fluff which basically says the right thing but conveys no sincerety. Its guff.

Post Thanks / Like

Team selection is club Intellectual Property (IP)

I totally get that Bevo will be beyond frustrated that a reporter ( who wears crap tshirts) has gotten hold of it. And he has to deal with a range of KWALITY reporters who keep scrapping bottom of barrel questions.

WTF is the AFL not investigating this ? As this can affect betting odds, knowing the team selection , before teams are officially released.

I am not at all happy with the club saying sorry. They should have been on the front foot and backed Bevo and put in a complaint to the AFL and to FOX sports.

Bevo's passion and strategy is part of his genius. If we lose these both to crap journalist then I am afraid we could tire out Bevo with these clowns.

You can see how frustrated Clarkson and Nathan Buckley deal with bozo questions and picking on the negative aspects of their club's situation .

WTF are we tellling Tom RUOK because you rubbed Bevo up the wrong way ??? Is this new age sentimalistic cow towel to ordinary journalism.
    Last edited by macca; 17-03-2022 at 11:39 PM.

6. Likes Sedat, Ghost Dog, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy with the statement. I think it owns what happened and is clearly states we aren't interested in continuing with the fight. Added to the subsequent stuff coming out about Morris I think we've gotten extremely lucky, distance ourselves and move on, and now that Morris is not someone any journalist wants to support it makes it even easier to do so.

Through dumb luck Bevo gets a huge win by seeing his enemy smited, and we don't have to endure the shitshow that this weekend was shaping up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post

I totally get that Bevo will be beyond frustrated that a snidy reporter has gotten hold of it.

WTF is the AFL not investigating this ? As this can affect betting odds, knowing the team selection , before teams are officially released.
    Careful about this can of worms.

By Beveridges own admission, the only unexpected change we had on the night was JJ out. That means we knowingly submitted a teamsheet that had Hunter and Martin in our 22 despite that not being the case.

We certainly aren't the only ones who do it, Geelong love a late change, and Melbourne named Lever, (although I'm pretty sure we are the only team that does the whole demoting a player to the medical sub thing, which we have done multiple times and is so dumb), and I'm all for it being cleaned up as it annoys me a lot, especially from a Fantasy league administration pov, but if you start having a go at journalists for ruining team selection integrity it kind of loses it's meaning when clubs provenly lie when submitting their teams.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

8. Likes macca, Ghost Dog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

good point soupman, I rephrase to: journalist who wear crap tshirts.

10. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post

I totally get that Bevo will be beyond frustrated that a reporter ( who wears crap tshirts) has gotten hold of it. And he has to deal with a range of KWALITY reporters who keep scrapping bottom of barrel questions.

I am not at all happy with the club saying sorry. They should have been on the front foot and backed Bevo and put in a complaint to the AFL and to FOX sports.

Bevo's passion and strategy is part of his genius. If we lose these both to crap journalist then I am afraid we could tire out Bevo with these clowns.

You can see how frustrated Clarkson and Nathan Buckley deal with bozo questions and picking on the negative aspects of their club's situation .

WTF are we tellling Tom RUOK because you rubbed Bevo up the wrong way ??? Is this new age sentimalistic cow towel to ordinary journalism.
    If there were two like buttons, I would give three to this.

A journeyman footballer like Bevo, who has won awards at every level of footy from the bush to the MCG must gnash his teeth at having to be chided by morons. Is there any other sport where journalists introduce themselves with a long list of all the awards they have won and so called achievements? ( Hutchy Caro, Barrett, Sam McClure, and so on).
    AFL journalists are by and large, annoying as all get out.

Luke may have acted like a bully, but now with all these recordings are coming out, the leeches on the industry dare not go into bat for one of their own. Agree, the club didn't need to give Morrison a hot chocolate and a blanket. FFS, once they start posting his trump antics, people will get Bevo's 'vibe', even if it was madness.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 18-03-2022 at 01:32 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

12. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don’t think he should have apologised. Never apologise in these scenarios, as it keeps the news cycle running a little longer and buys those Murdoch scumbags time and opportunity to lay the boot in more. The damage in terms of distraction and target being on the Club was done as soon as Bevo did something out of the ordinary. Rolling him out for the tar and feather pantomime was wrong.

I’d have quit.

Tom Morris is a shit bloke, operating in a toxic culture and Bevo had a crack at him, ineloquently pulling together a range of frustrations. It was hostile, but smashing someone’s performance and behaviour in that space isn’t breaking new ground. The only time he got personal was saying “you are an embarrassment” and funnily enough, turns out he is.

Having slept on it, dirty on Ameet Baines and KWW for their efforts in appeasement and PR. It’s inauthentic.

14. Likes Sedat, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Weak as expected from KWW.
    Sorry but I have to call this out. Would have you said the same if it Gordon was still in the position and wrote that response?

The response from our President was very measured, timely and "on point". As was Bevo's apology.

Please leave any implied references (casual or deliberate) that our President is 'weak as expected' because of her gender out. This point of view is contradictory to what is championed by the WB as a football club and the majority of WB supporters.

16. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life, Max469, GVGjr, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meenies View Post
    Sorry but I have to call this out. Would have you said the same if it Gordon was still in the position and wrote that response?

The response from our President was very measured, timely and "on point". As was Bevo's apology.

Please leave any implied references (casual or deliberate) that our President is 'weak as expected' because of her gender out. This point of view is contradictory to what is championed by the WB as a football club and the majority of WB supporters.
    Whilst I disagree with TBB's statement about our president's response being 'weak as expected', I do not see any implied reference, casual or deliberate to her gender here as being the basis for his statement.

18. Likes Sedat, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Club and Bevo handled this perfectly. No doubt in my mind. Morris has now taken all the attention off Bevo to himself. What a piece of work he is.

Post Thanks / Like

You are the only one bringing gender into this.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

21. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Sedat, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely I would have said the same.

The fact you have brought gender into this discussion is ridiculous - nothing to do with gender, so don't dare put words in my mouth.
    W00F!

23. Likes Sedat, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As a follow up to my post above, I take great offence to meenies post.

As somebody who has worked closely with women in sport, advocated for change and assisted in growth, whilst currently working with young people of today in an important governance shaping role for their futures, AND the father of a young daughter, I refuse to have my name implicated in ANY bullshit implied reference that my initial post on KWW was in any shape, or form, to do with her gender.

That post is garbage.
    W00F!

25. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Globalist corporate shills are not the exclusive domain of any particular gender. Unfortunately they have infected all aspects of society, including sporting organisations. It is now almost impossible to differentiate between mediocre politicians and mediocre globalist corporate senior executives.
    Last edited by Sedat; 18-03-2022 at 11:24 AM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

27. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, SonofScray liked this post