Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  141
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Club Statement

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Club Statement

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    As a follow up to my post above, I take great offence to meenies post.

As somebody who has worked closely with women in sport, advocated for change and assisted in growth, whilst currently working with young people of today in an important governance shaping role for their futures, AND the father of a young daughter, I refuse to have my name implicated in ANY bullshit implied reference that my initial post on KWW was in any shape, or form, to do with her gender.

That post is garbage.
    The one thing I will ask, why do you think the statement was weak?

I thought it was more of a let's close this off and get on with the footy.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Globalist corporate shills are not the exclusive domain of any particular gender. Unfortunately they have infected all aspects of society, including sporting organisations. It is now almost impossible to differentiate between mediocre politicians and mediocre globalist corporate senior executives.
    Welcome back mate.

Out of interest, what is your main issue with KWW? I know you hate the Disney Corp, for some reason it's been an on and off theme over time, but why specifically do you have an issue with KWW?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meenies View Post
    Sorry but I have to call this out. Would have you said the same if it Gordon was still in the position and wrote that response?

The response from our President was very measured, timely and "on point". As was Bevo's apology.

Please leave any implied references (casual or deliberate) that our President is 'weak as expected' because of her gender out. This point of view is contradictory to what is championed by the WB as a football club and the majority of WB supporters.
    I think this is where you may have got it wrong Meenies, and possibly need to concede you did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

AFL have signed off on it as done with. I expect there was some collaboration before the statement was released.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a fair assessment. It could be both at the same time.

If the club was really concerned with mental health aspects of professional sports people and the reduction in soft cap compromising this critical area, the statement would and should have read a whole lot differently. It was a homogenised say-nothing release, no doubt influenced as such by City Hall (who are just as culpable of weakness as the club, and whose policies are actually contributing to the afore-mentioned mental health issues). This course of action will only temporarily bury the story, and it will resurface with full vengeance as soon as Bevo has another colourful exchange with a gutter journo.

As an aside, the deafening silence from the gutter media in reporting in detail on Morris is as blatent as it is unsurprising - it is only coming out on socials and the footy media are whitewashing the story completely. They were oh so brave 24 hours earlier demonising Bevo and standing in solidarity with their 'mate', and have completely shut up shop since the Morris audio's have surfaced. No doubt most of these scribes are now feverishly updating their CV's to apply for the now vacant positions at Fox Footy, the Herald-Sun and wherever else Morris was employed. This is why nobody should ever give in to the media mob - they are craven, hypocritical cowards with glass jaws.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

It was a statement to appease corporates. It was not authentic. I get the implications on sponsors etc. but let's not make this out to be bigger than what it is. It's not like he was caught drink driving, with drugs, or assaulting anybody.

If Luke wanted to issue an apology, fine. Leave it at that. Why does KWW need to issue any form of statement?

Why didn't KWW issue a statement after the treatment of Cody Weightman publicly post the Essendon EF? Moreover, where was KWW's statement and strong stance when our club was getting treated like prisoners during the finals series with the lockdowns and ridiculous sanctions in their hotel rooms?

The fact that KWW did not issue any form of support when it WAS needed, but was quick to make a statement to condemn one of the most important figures at our football club does not sit well with me.

Might be a bit of an overreaction to this specific instance, but for mine, I already had question marks on her and that this being one of the first occasions that she issues a public statement and it's in a negative light on one of our own? Well, I don't think it's near good enough from somebody in her position.
    W00F!

7. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, Sedat, Mantis, bornadog, mjp, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes chef, MrMahatma, FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It was a statement to appease corporates. It was not authentic. I get the implications on sponsors etc. but let's not make this out to be bigger than what it is. It's not like he was caught drink driving, with drugs, or assaulting anybody.

If Luke wanted to issue an apology, fine. Leave it at that. Why does KWW need to issue any form of statement?

Why didn't KWW issue a statement after the treatment of Cody Weightman publicly post the Essendon EF? Moreover, where was KWW's statement and strong stance when our club was getting treated like prisoners during the finals series with the lockdowns and ridiculous sanctions in their hotel rooms?

The fact that KWW did not issue any form of support when it WAS needed, but was quick to make a statement to condemn one of the most important figures at our football club does not sit well with me.

Might be a bit of an overreaction to this specific instance, but for mine, I already had question marks on her and that this being one of the first occasions that she issues a public statement and it's in a negative light on one of our own? Well, I don't think it's near good enough from somebody in her position.
    I thought she made it pretty clear how important and respected Luke was.

Serious question what would you have liked her to say? I'm surprised by your reaction so very interested sincerely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Welcome back mate.

Out of interest, what is your main issue with KWW? I know you hate the Disney Corp, for some reason it's been an on and off theme over time, but why specifically do you have an issue with KWW?
    I could just as easily be talking about Richard Goyder and the AFL, another corporate grifter who is supposedly the leader of the entire competition. I have no time for lifetime corporatists getting involved with sporting organisations. Our game is infinitely poorer for it.

No offence to KWW. She is a very pleasent person but she is a symptom of a much bigger problem that is not limited to sport. Specifically in relation to her performance as president, it has been underwhelming. What Bevo did on Wednesday night was rolled gold for the playing group - he is standing side by side with them at all times, and that loyalty/support will help the club get closer to achieving the ultimate goal of a premiership. Did the club statement help us at all in our quest for a premiership? If not, what was the point other than an exercise in optics? Would KWW stand by the club and the players as passionately and unequivocally as Bevo did? Or as Gordon and Smorgon have in the past? It's simply not in her nature because lifetime corporatists are incapable of doing so - they are obsessed with optics over substance. That works for shareholders at the likes of Disney but it doesn't resonate with the members of a footy club. As TBB, pointed out, where was the club statement supporting Cody after he received vile abuse after the Essendon final? Where was the club statement calling out the rubbish treatment we received during the finals series? You can't pick and choose "the standards we uphold" narrative only when you want to control the optics to appease external stakeholders.

12. Thanks Grantysghost, jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Serious question what would you have liked her to say? I'm surprised by your reaction so very interested sincerely.
    Pretty stock standard line, personally would have liked her to not actually comment. I don't see the need for it, let Luke handle it and the club can then trot out an unidentified statement that it stands behind him and his apology. Leave it at that.
    W00F!

14. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He literally spelled out in the post what his issue is.

KWW has had many opportunities to have a voice, but in BTT's view the only one she has taken is the one in which it seems Bevo is being given a smack.

I see it a bit differently. The club de-escalating the situation and making a vanilla comment that hit the 'right' notes for mine is about protecting Bevo from himself and appeasing the masses so we can move on.

There's plenty of hills to die on, this isn't one of them. However, we did have some poor treatment come our way last year and I think there was opportunity for a more assertive voice from KWW at that time which is what BTT is saying.

Post Thanks / Like

He literally spelled out in the post what his issue is.

KWW has had many opportunities to have a voice, but in BTT's view the only one she has taken is the one in which it seems Bevo is being given a smack.

I see it a bit differently. The club de-escalating the situation and making a vanilla comment that hit the 'right' notes for mine is about protecting Bevo from himself and appeasing the masses so we can move on.

There's plenty of hills to die on, this isn't one of them. However, we did have some poor treatment come our way last year and I think there was opportunity for a more assertive voice from KWW at that time which is what BTT is saying.
    Don't assume I can read.

Also did you have to chain yourself to the upright this morning?

17. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    That's a fair assessment. It could be both at the same time.

If the club was really concerned with mental health aspects of professional sports people and the reduction in soft cap compromising this critical area, the statement would and should have read a whole lot differently. It was a homogenised say-nothing release, no doubt influenced as such by City Hall (who are just as culpable of weakness as the club, and whose policies are actually contributing to the afore-mentioned mental health issues). This course of action will only temporarily bury the story, and it will resurface with full vengeance as soon as Bevo has another colourful exchange with a gutter journo.

As an aside, the deafening silence from the gutter media in reporting in detail on Morris is as blatent as it is unsurprising - it is only coming out on socials and the footy media are whitewashing the story completely. They were oh so brave 24 hours earlier demonising Bevo and standing in solidarity with their 'mate', and have completely shut up shop since the Morris audio's have surfaced. No doubt most of these scribes are now feverishly updating their CV's to apply for the now vacant positions at Fox Footy, the Herald-Sun and wherever else Morris was employed. This is why nobody should ever give in to the media mob - they are craven, hypocritical cowards with glass jaws.
    Agree entirely with your second paragrah Sedat. Not a peep from the journos in regards to Morris's foul mouth and shocking views on life. No wonder he loves Trump.

19. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

De-escalation is a sound idea in theory (and it will work in the short-term), but in reality they will never be appeased. We all know the media mob will hit Bevo and the club with both barrels next time there is a similar such disagreement. Snakes will always be snakes.

Never apologise and never concede to the media. If you feed the crocodile it will still come after you.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't assume I can read.

Also did you have to chain yourself to the upright this morning?
    I'm walking around like a zombie. The best was Monday night though, I walk into a restaurant and a drunk walks in from a side door and starts screaming at me about having stolen his jacket from a table outside.

I just stared at him until he stopped, and was kicked out the front door which was locked after him. Alas, he walks into the restaurant via the side door and started screaming about his jacket that cost fifty quick being left outside and how he's going to be calling the cops about it. Then a lady comes from around the corner and starts screaming at him about how he's ruining everything for everyone and a screaming match ensued for the next few minutes.

And then it was calm. Everyone just went back to their lives.

Jet lag is kinda like ketamine without the fun parts.

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post