Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  141
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Club Statement

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Club Statement

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm walking around like a zombie. The best was Monday night though, I walk into a restaurant and a drunk walks in from a side door and starts screaming at me about having stolen his jacket from a table outside.

I just stared at him until he stopped, and was kicked out the front door which was locked after him. Alas, he walks into the restaurant via the side door and started screaming about his jacket that cost fifty quick being left outside and how he's going to be calling the cops about it. Then a lady comes from around the corner and starts screaming at him about how he's ruining everything for everyone and a screaming match ensued for the next few minutes.

And then it was calm. Everyone just went back to their lives.

Jet lag is kinda like ketamine without the fun parts.
    So is it a nice jacket at least?
    W00F!

2. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    De-escalation is a sound idea in theory (and it will work in the short-term), but in reality they will never be appeased. We all know the media mob will hit Bevo and the club with both barrels next time there is a similar such disagreement. Snakes will always be snakes.

Never apologise and never concede to the media. If you feed the crocodile it will still come after you.
    I get it, but they're going to come after you anyway, right? That's what reptiles in the night do.

So why not just try and numb the PR pain while you can play both games. Guns to the head, walls up engagement for mine is a bit old school. To me you're just better off being agile and adapting to whatever's in front of you.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    So is it a nice jacket at least?
    It's a Kathmandu zip up vest with my company's logo on it in bright orange! Plus, and even though I'm an XL, way too small for the fat *!*!*!*!er anyway.

6. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm walking around like a zombie. The best was Monday night though, I walk into a restaurant and a drunk walks in from a side door and starts screaming at me about having stolen his jacket from a table outside.

I just stared at him until he stopped, and was kicked out the front door which was locked after him. Alas, he walks into the restaurant via the side door and started screaming about his jacket that cost fifty quick being left outside and how he's going to be calling the cops about it. Then a lady comes from around the corner and starts screaming at him about how he's ruining everything for everyone and a screaming match ensued for the next few minutes.

And then it was calm. Everyone just went back to their lives.

Jet lag is kinda like ketamine without the fun parts.
    Haha. That's crazy.

I remember the first time I was there 2004 a street lady seller of flowers attempted to pin a flower on my lapel and gave me amazing compliments whilst doing it.
    When I rejected her after realising what was going on she unloaded with every pejorative term you could imagine!

She looked like Mary Poppins!

This was walking under the Thames from Big Ben. Classic.

8. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Agree entirely with your second paragrah Sedat. Not a peep from the journos in regards to Morris's foul mouth and shocking views on life. No wonder he loves Trump.
    It’s interesting and the turn of events is, I think (?) unprecedented in this regard. Bevo delivered a spray - quite clunky but as I said on the night, I liked him having a crack (I don’t consider Morris a “kid” as some have suggested, and as an aside also think Morris has CHOSEN celebrity, while footy players and coaches either deal with celebrity or can’t be part of the AFL… so I don’t have an issue with the spray being on TV which some do.

I do think it’s interesting that the media have gone quiet. Bevo’s rant was fun for them to stick the boot in (and the clip that was on Sunrise of TJ is amazing… saying “Morris has a good reputation” and then showing just the edited dummy spit parts of LB’s rant… and then saying “LB should be worried about the leak not the journo…” when LB addressed that in his rant.) Journos are prob staying quiet in this cause they don’t want to upset Murduck, or they don’t want the videos of them being idiots released too…. I’m sure there’s plenty out there!

Post Thanks / Like

Morris’ comments are ‘clearly unacceptable’: AFL chief

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has condemned comments made by Fox Sports journalist Tom Morris, in an audio recording widely shared on social media, describing them as “clearly unacceptable”.

Fox Sports have stood down Morris and launched an investigation after the recordings, in which the reporter is heard making sexist and homophobic comments about a female colleague on a WhatsApp group, entered the public domain.

“I have just seen it in written form and clearly the comments from my reading of it are unacceptable, and clearly unacceptable, and Fox Sports have taken action,” McLachlan told 3AW on Friday.

“I don’t really want to comment more than that because I think it is still being reviewed.”

The recording came to light soon after Morris had been subjected to a tirade from Western Bulldogs’ coach Luke Beveridge in a post-match press conference after upsetting the Bulldogs when he reported that premiership midfielder Lachie Hunter had been left out of the team for round one.

Beveridge apologised for his behaviour on Thursday afternoon, admitting he had overstepped the mark, and the club donated $20,000 to a partner in their community foundation program that supports youth mental health.

McLachlan said the sincere apology, donation and acceptance of responsibility for Beveridge’s actions by the club and the coach meant the matter was closed from the league’s perspective.

“Luke has taken swift and full accountability for his behaviour and once people do that, perceptions change,” McLachlan said.

“If people take accountability, I think positions change.”

He said neither he nor the Bulldogs had any concerns about Beveridge, after losing control of his emotions after the team’s opening-round loss to Melbourne.

McLachlan said the post-match media conference was a part of the senior coach’s job, and they had no plans to amend the timing of the conference.

“Our supporters want to hear from the coaches and understand what’s in their mind,” McLachlan said.

The Western Bulldogs play Carlton at Marvel Stadium on Thursday night.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a good and genuine statement/apology from Bevo, after what was a pretty embarrassing display on Wednesday night in the presser.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good statement by Gill.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Tom , R.U.O.K ?

Officlally confirmed as a crap person

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...18-p5a5ze.html
    Last edited by macca; 18-03-2022 at 11:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    As a follow up to my post above, I take great offence to meenies post.

As somebody who has worked closely with women in sport, advocated for change and assisted in growth, whilst currently working with young people of today in an important governance shaping role for their futures, AND the father of a young daughter, I refuse to have my name implicated in ANY bullshit implied reference that my initial post on KWW was in any shape, or form, to do with her gender.

That post is garbage.
    My apologies to you TBB. I accept that you had any implied reference to gender and also good to hear of your great work and advocacy for equality for women and young people. I too have been fighting for change for a while.

A common response to put down women in power is that "they are weak", "they cannot do ..." and other similar comments. You are probably well aware of these as well.

I was just not sure why you thought the reply was weak, apart from jumping to that conclusion, as I thought it was a good reply from our leader.

Please accept my apology.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meenies View Post
    My apologies to you TBB. I accept that you had any implied reference to gender and also good to hear of your great work and advocacy for equality for women and young people. I too have been fighting for change for a while.

A common response to put down women in power is that "they are weak", "they cannot do ..." and other similar comments. You are probably well aware of these as well.

I was just not sure why you thought the reply was weak, apart from jumping to that conclusion, as I thought it was a good reply from our leader.

Please accept my apology.
    Thanks for your apology meenies, much appreciated.

Assumptions can be problematic, but we're all guilty of it at times, so I appreciate your response.

Onwards and upwards my friend!
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

The club handled it well. Bevo apologised and now thinks yeah I probably should have made my point in a better way but it does shed light on the footy media establishment and the need for more impartiality. Now we move on and get our first win next Thursday.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

17. Likes Ghost Dog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the couch didn’t mention it… 360 said about 1 min on it, and then went into how strong the leadership at Fox is to axe Morris.

What a huge story it would continue to be if that recording wasn’t leaked. Because of that, the journos and Fox have brushed it under the carpet.

Either that or the club statement was incredibly well received and had the desired effect!

19. Likes Ghost Dog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Footy Classified led with the Bevo story. Wilson is convinced that Bevo isn't coping and needs some support. Made mention about losing Hansen and King. You then have to wonder if having Webb over in WA until Jan left a fair bit more onto Bevo regarding training etc.
    They focused a bit on his mo (like that is relevant) and that he doesn't understand the media and while I think they were flogging a dead horse I do wonder if Bevo needs some additional support to lighten the load for him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Caroline Wilson opined that Bevo should be fined six figures. Just think about that for a moment and assess how rational this person is.

You can intentionally break someone's face on a footy field and not cough up nearly as much as that. You can be an accessory to systemic doping at your football club and not cough up nearly as much as that.

She's lost her sense of reality and/ or balance and shouldn't be commenting on the game.