Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  85
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee Round Four v Richmond at The G

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round Three match against Sydney for our Round Four match against Richmond at the G on Saturday Night.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round Four v Richmond at The G

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

in: Khamis (best performer in the VFL), McNeil (5 goals and 9 tackles, you have to reward that)

out: Cordy (inj, never try and be cute with concussions), Vandermeer (his best game of the season but he burns leading forwards too often or he can be really slack)

4. Likes 1eyedog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    in: Khamis (best performer in the VFL), McNeil (5 goals and 9 tackles, you have to reward that)

out: Cordy (inj, never try and be cute with concussions), Vandermeer (his best game of the season but he burns leading forwards too often or he can be really slack)
    Agreed. VDM plays for frees too readily and it annoys me.

6. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post

Good changes.

How did O’Brien play? Is he any chance?

Post Thanks / Like

In O'Brien
    Out Cordy, hope he recovers ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Crozier come back in?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Does Crozier come back in?
    Who would come out for Crozier? We look pretty balanced back there tonight. It is an interesting question.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Khamis or O’Brien, McNeil Sub: Crozier

Out: Cordy, Hannan

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty happy with that performance.

Of the usual candidates to be dropped:

Vandermeer put in a really good showing. His pressure is great and covers ground so well. Still room for improvmenet wih execution but holds onto his spot for mine
    Hannan did not have a great game, but his role is kind of like that. Hard to tell without looking specifically for it but if his off the ball work was good (blocking and the like) I think he stays, we don't really have another candidate for his role (Bedendo and Wallis the best two candidates)
    Wallis looked devoid of a role and like he was always 4m from where he needed to be. Really enjoyed his goal but don't see him being in the 22.

Expecting Wallis to go back out, O'Brien to come in for Cordy (I know Khamis played well reportedly but surely 2 games is enough match fitness for TOB and we will want to get him in sooner rather than later). McNeil I expect to continue waiting for one of Scott, Roarke or Vandermeer to drop off.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I must say I'm in a little shock, there are highlight's already online of McNeil's 5 goals in the VFL. Who would of thought?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Pretty happy with that performance.

Of the usual candidates to be dropped:

Vandermeer put in a really good showing. His pressure is great and covers ground so well. Still room for improvmenet wih execution but holds onto his spot for mine
    Hannan did not have a great game, but his role is kind of like that. Hard to tell without looking specifically for it but if his off the ball work was good (blocking and the like) I think he stays, we don't really have another candidate for his role (Bedendo and Wallis the best two candidates)
    Wallis looked devoid of a role and like he was always 4m from where he needed to be. Really enjoyed his goal but don't see him being in the 22.

Expecting Wallis to go back out, O'Brien to come in for Cordy (I know Khamis played well reportedly but surely 2 games is enough match fitness for TOB and we will want to get him in sooner rather than later). McNeil I expect to continue waiting for one of Scott, Roarke or Vandermeer to drop off.
    Roarke didn't see much of it tonight. 8 touches. Is that enough for a wingman?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    In: Khamis or O’Brien, McNeil Sub: Crozier

Out: Cordy, Hannan
    Who acts as the second ruck if this is what we do? Khamis (oof for him if so)? O'Brien? The GOAT Dunks? Caleb just to really piss off people who feel Bevo doesn't rate ruckwork?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Roarke didn't see much of it tonight. 8 touches. Is that enough for a wingman?
    Fair. He is probably the player I am most open to dropping.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

If we aren't dropping Hannan for a nebulous role that I can't figure out then I don't see how we can drop Roarke for one I at least understand.

Watching the replay now, no chance we can drop Vandermeer. The forward press is as good as I've ever seen it be and that total psycho is a huge part of it. Plus I'm like 90% sure at one stage he feigned like he couldn't look at Blakey because he was so ugly which is the real intangible stuff that you either have or you don't.

Only change for mine is Cordy for TOB, but if the rumours are true and Buku was BOG in the twos then I would really rather him. Better the devil that you don't know sucks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post