Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  85
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round Four v Richmond at The G

Oh the irony...

UPDATE: Mitch Hannan (illness) has been ruled out of our Round 4 clash with Richmond.
    Lachie McNeil comes into the 22, Josh Schache is added as an emergency.
    Hope Lachie can ruck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Oh the irony...

Hope Lachie can ruck!
    I hope Josh is the sub. Can play either end if we lose a tall.

3. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh the irony...

Hope Lachie can ruck!
    Good to see Schache back you guys are way too harsh on him!

5. Likes hujsh, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh the irony...

Hope Lachie can ruck!
    There's not much he can't do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I hope Josh is the sub. Can play either end if we lose a tall.
    I can't see Sweet or Khamis being the sub so it's down to Wally or Shaq.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see Sweet or Khamis being the sub so it's down to Wally or Shaq.
    I was thinking along the lines that we are in trouble if we lose a tall not so much other positions as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    9 of 16
    I thought Danjul was being deliberate with his language there by excluding finals but I guess even then the number was wrong.

Strange either way to base your point about how the coaching staff are incompetent on the exclusion of 3 finals wins and a grand final appearance. Normally you count finals for more than H&A performances. It's why we can still laugh at Garry Rowan and Jeremy Cameron.

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Such as a massive game. I know Richmond are on the decline and are minus Martin but they are still dangerous and we need to make a statement.

I was thinking last night watching a very shaky Port Adelaide and it made me wonder whether our Prelim win over there really was a big deal? Every game they've played in since then has been a dropped lasagne. I realise our 1 point win in Brisbane was massive but outside that? We have 4 wins from our last 10 outings. Lose tomorrow and there are very worrying signs that stretch back to the last three rounds of 2021.

Where are we at? Is this a line in the sand game or is it too early to tell?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    9 of 16
    That’s a relief. We have lost 7 of the last 16. Things are going well after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Such as a massive game. I know Richmond are on the decline and are minus Martin but they are still dangerous and we need to make a statement.

I was thinking last night watching a very shaky Port Adelaide and it made me wonder whether our Prelim win over there really was a big deal? Every game they've played in since then has been a dropped lasagne. I realise our 1 point win in Brisbane was massive but outside that? We have 4 wins from our last 10 outings. Lose tomorrow and there are very worrying signs that stretch back to the last three rounds of 2021.

Where are we at? Is this a line in the sand game or is it too early to tell?
    It's not "line in the sand" but I don't think there's any doubt - if we want to do anything this season we need to beat Richmond (and teams of their ilk). I can cop losing to Melb in Rd 1. Rd 2, well, annoying cause we didn't kick straight. Richmond aren't full strength and even if they were, we should beat them. So, I think the match will tell us a fair bit about where we are. And I hope beyond hope that the first 3 set shots sail through for goals or we may get the yips again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    That’s a relief. We have lost 7 of the last 16. Things are going well after all.
    We made the GF too. There's that xD

Post Thanks / Like

I mean, we can all get excited about not having another ruck and some of the issues that appear blatantly obvious, but it's also quite funny to be smacking the coaches a few games after playing in a GF. It's like people forget that.

Bevo can coach. As odd as some of his stuff seems, he can coach.

16. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I thought Danjul was being deliberate with his language there by excluding finals but I guess even then the number was wrong.

Strange either way to base your point about how the coaching staff are incompetent on the exclusion of 3 finals wins and a grand final appearance. Normally you count finals for more than H&A performances. It's why we can still laugh at Garry Rowan and Jeremy Cameron.
    I referred to home and away because they were the ones the ‘common’ supporters could get to. I think most of the finals last year were inaccessible to most of us. The home and away games have an impact on the supporters who go to the game and then travel home thinking about what they have seen. They don’t know what the plans were, just what they have seen. Those losses didn’t do much to generate new supporters or keep old ones happy.

Anyway, the finals were good. A pleasant surprise. But I suspect that they didn’t do as much as the extended set of wins at the start of the season to generate new interest. I could be wrong there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I mean, we can all get excited about not having another ruck and some of the issues that appear blatantly obvious, but it's also quite funny to be smacking the coaches a few games after playing in a GF. It's like people forget that.

Bevo can coach. As odd as some of his stuff seems, he can coach.
    Of course he can coach... he's an excellent coach, but his views on the ruck position & role is unique in the game... same with standing back 5m from the mark.

We do things no other team does and to me that seems strange.

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We do things no other team does and to me that seems strange.
    If we went on with the job in the last 40 mins of the GF and Luke Jackson didn't catch fire, Bevo is a geniuns for going against the established grain. We didn't, and then we did nothing in the off-season to improve our 2022 ruck situation that killed us so badly in that 8 minutes of 3rd qtr mayhem, so Bevo and the MC deserves some scrutiny because sure as hell Melbourne have improved year on year and that is the standard we need to reach for a chance at a flag.

Either we're in the flag business this year and the next few seasons or we aren't. Maybe the Bevo tactics will bear fruit in 2022 - eternal kudos if they do, but deserved scrutiny if they don't and we waste another season with Bont, etc.. in their prime.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

21. Likes ratsmac, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post