Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  52
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round Eight v Port Adelaide at Adelaide

Having just now watched the VFL highlights I think yes we should definitely bring Buku in. I still don’t know how McComb is ahead of West but whatever, O’Brien isn’t driving me as insane as predicted so guess I need something to make my favourite part of the week infuriating.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Having just now watched the VFL highlights I think yes we should definitely bring Buku in. I still don’t know how McComb is ahead of West but whatever, O’Brien isn’t driving me as insane as predicted so guess I need something to make my favourite part of the week infuriating.
    O'Brien has been pretty ok for us so far. For you to say the above is a big step.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see Martin getting up with the five day turnaround, would be a good week to bring in Sweet against Hayes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Can't see Sweet coming in given his form and injury battles so far this year, he looks miles off the top level right now.

McComb stays, he'll never be a damaging user but he can be a lot better than he has been the last two weeks, and encouraging for him to find the ball and kick a couple.

The only change I'd be tempted to make would be...

In: Khamis
    Out: Cordy

With the reservation that it would be better to bring Khamis in for a home game.
    Whoever does the VFL stats on the AFL website said Sweet was significantly better than Khamis in the game before last. So he is not as totally out of the picture as I am seeing here. So I watched pieces of the VFL game against Essendon, didn’t see much of Khamis so his contribution must have been at other times.

One thing I noticed about Sweet’s ruck work is he always looks at where his teammates are and attempts to hit the ball in their direction. I am sure he would make a better 2nd ruck/forward than Cordy (7/7 disposals/hitouts in both recent games). would not be beyond him. Cordy is more valuable elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Whoever does the VFL stats on the AFL website said Sweet was significantly better than Khamis in the game before last. So he is not as totally out of the picture as I am seeing here. So I watched pieces of the VFL game against Essendon, didn’t see much of Khamis so his contribution must have been at other times.

One thing I noticed about Sweet’s ruck work is he always looks at where his teammates are and attempts to hit the ball in their direction. I am sure he would make a better 2nd ruck/forward than Cordy (7/7 disposals/hitouts in both recent games). would not be beyond him. Cordy is more valuable elsewhere.
    Trouble with Sweet is he does nothing around the ground. You can't just be a tap ruckman in today's game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Likely scenario but we need Schache to come in.
    Why did he go out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Trouble with Sweet is he does nothing around the ground. You can't just be a tap ruckman in today's game.
    He got 8 possessions and 33 hitouts. Cordy 7/7 did nothing either in the ruck or around the ground. Martin did next to nothing around the ground, listed as 10 possessions, and he didn’t do much in the ruck except try to negate . (Khamis had 6 possessions and should be in as a goal kicker not ruck ).

Time to give Street the run that will develop him. It has been done with others, at the moment he obviously has no future with the Dogs and everyone knows it, even him. He has no incentive to improve.

Post Thanks / Like

He got 8 possessions and 33 hitouts. Cordy 7/7 did nothing either in the ruck or around the ground. Martin did next to nothing around the ground, listed as 10 possessions, and he didn’t do much in the ruck except try to negate . (Khamis had 6 possessions and should be in as a goal kicker not ruck ).

Time to give Street the run that will develop him. It has been done with others, at the moment he obviously has no future with the Dogs and everyone knows it, even him. He has no incentive to improve.
    There is a massive difference between VFL and Afl. Martin was averaging 21 disposals in the last three weeks in the VFL.

If Sweet is any good, he would be killing them in the VFL.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a massive difference between VFL and Afl. Martin was averaging 21 disposals in the last three weeks in the VFL.

If Sweet is any good, he would be killing them in the VFL.
    And it's also being able to work back into position when defending and spreading on the offensive side. Martin moves into the right spaces pretty well for an old bloke (although I reckon he's borderline for Bevo).

Post Thanks / Like

Nightmare fuel!

11. Likes bornadog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Nightmare fuel!

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is bulldogtragic to defend Peter Street's honor?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Nightmare fuel!
    Shows how I have been permanently scarred by the ruck situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've been impressed with Sweet's ruck work in the past as well, he's always acquitted himself well at the hitouts, but it's the other parts of his game that need work.

I thought he only broke even against the Essendon VFL ruckmen, and the week before was beaten against Southport's ruckman who got forward and kicked a couple. Contrast with Martin who amassed 10 clearances in the VFL R4 before coming into the AFL side.

Khamis has kicked 10 goals in the last three weeks as the second ruck. I thought the game against Essendon was probably his least good of the three, but hey he still kicked 4 goals.

As a side note, I'm loving being able to watch every VFL game online!
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

18. Likes josie liked this post