Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  76
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round Nine v Collingwood at Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    So what's your point then because you gave no context at all.
    I see the VFL team as a development comp for the Bulldog listed players. What Aza said was just having a go at the VFL team by saying they are just as bad??. What does that even mean?

If you look at the composition of the AFL players in the VFL, they are all young with very little experience and they are slowly developing. Cleary has shown some form, as has West, Buku got promoted, Jones has shown some flashes, Sweet has a way to go but will build up and JUH well we know what he is eventually capable of.

It is a shame this week there is a bye
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I see the VFL team as a development comp for the Bulldog listed players. What Aza said was just having a go at the VFL team by saying they are just as bad??. What does that even mean?

If you look at the composition of the AFL players in the VFL, they are all young with very little experience and they are slowly developing. Cleary has shown some form, as has West, Buku got promoted, Jones has shown some flashes, Sweet has a way to go but will build up and JUH well we know what he is eventually capable of.

It is a shame this week there is a bye
    Lots of speculation there, and that's not permitted on this board.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes bornadog, Grantysghost, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go Doggies!
    The best script is we have enough time yet to sneek into the finals with momentum. We are only percentage out of the eight. We want results like tonight with bottom sides beating our competitors. We are not out of the season yet.
    Injuries are our enemy but we have some of our best returning second half of season.
    Ins: Lefties Keath, JUH, Schache and Bont to return.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 08-05-2022 at 12:23 AM.

6. Likes Swoop, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Only saving grace is they shouldn't be clocking up injuries......save for the training match sim they probably did today.
    Not sure about this.

Keath and English both have injuries from training and JJ was just in the warmup
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Go Doggies!
    The best script is we have enough time yet to sneek into the finals with momentum. We are only percentage out of the eight. We want results like tonight with bottom sides beating our competitors. We are not out of the season yet.
    Injuries are our enemy but we have some of our best returning second half of season.
    Ins: Lefties Keath, JUH, Schache and Bont to return.
    My best script is we simply get on a roll starting this week and win our next 17.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Khamis was OK in space but awful in the contest. Like an early years Bailey Dale. He'll probably get games given our injuries but he's still raw
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I actually did like that Khamis didn't fly at every contest and stayed down occasionally. Too many of our players want to compete with the best contested mark in the comp instead of roving the few he misses out on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Khamis was OK in space but awful in the contest. Like an early years Bailey Dale. He'll probably get games given our injuries but he's still raw
    Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I actually did like that Khamis didn't fly at every contest and stayed down occasionally. Too many of our players want to compete with the best contested mark in the comp instead of roving the few he misses out on
    Both posts are correct IMO.

Khamis is still raw and he isn't great in a contest, which is why I don't like him as a defender. However, he moves fairly well and actually got to some nice spots as a forward. His skills are very clean and he didn't get in Naughton's way.

There's a chance he's similar to Schache, but I think he might be a better mark and slightly more agile.

Either way, we need to figure out if he's worth persisting with so he needs a chunk of games this year.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Buku has just started playing forward so he has lots of forward craft to learn. Just needs time. In the VFL he showed he is a good kick for goal which is a big plus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Buku has just started playing forward so he has lots of forward craft to learn. Just needs time. In the VFL he showed he is a good kick for goal which is a big plus.
    Are you confident that Matt Spangher can fast track his development?

14. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Are you confident that Matt Spangher can fast track his development?
    No but it is pretty hard for us supporters to know the strengths of Spanger. He might be end up one of the best assistants or one of the worst. Time will tell. Getting back to Buke, experience especially as a forward is lacking at the moment but in time he might be a regular in the team. Who knows? No doubt overall we most likely miss Hansen, Gia and King as assistants but to what extent I have no idea.

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Buku's forward craft has already been fast tracked considering he was moved there a few rounds into the season. He'll continue to get better as the season unfolds. He has the athletic attributes to be a successful AFL player but you need to be extremely motivated and determined to extract the best from yourself. Purely based on my observations, this will be the key to his success or downfall.

He has shown promise in the small VFL sample size and as others have mentioned, he complimented Naughton without taking his space.

The Spangher question feels impossible to answer without hindsight. I would assume that he's already been working closely with him as a forward. Perhaps it was Spangher's idea to move him forward? Happy to re-visit this but I don't see any reason why he couldn't develop him.

18. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'll clarify, when the ball hit the ground he was easily brushed aside
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Out: VDM, Weightman, TOB, Martin

In: Bont, English, Keath, JUH
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Out: VDM, Weightman, TOB, Martin

In: Bont, English, Keath, JUH
    I’m down with that. And with 4 points coming our way.