Likes Likes:  161
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Not worth a thread" chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Please no, I like WOOF, I rate follower groups like this:

WOOF - High brow, smart, good convo, mostly all non-nufftie takes
    BigFooty - Dirty, lotta content, lotta shit, lotta nufftie takes
    Facebook WB Groups - the nufftie central with takes such as ''we should trade Naughton to WCE for NicNat'' and ''We signed Bont on too long of contract who knows what he'll be like in 5 years''

I like keeping them separate for a reason.
    Please expand on mostly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Good post. Love the word mostly.
    Beat me to it !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Please expand on mostly.
    I probably contribute to a good percentage of nufftie on here, but I do remember game-day threads when I frequented them. I've made it my mission to go to every Victorian game this year so I haven't seen one in a while
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

4. Likes bornadog, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I probably contribute to a good percentage of nufftie on here, but I do remember game-day threads when I frequented them. I've made it my mission to go to every Victorian game this year so I haven't seen one in a while
    Ooh yeah. They can be brutal. I always read them after the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Maybe it was the hallucinations that come with tipping all sorts of toxins into my body to fight the 'rona, but was thinking the other day why is that key defenders play upwards of 95-100% TOG, but key forwards only play 80-90% of game time?

You would think each would do similar amounts of running so why is it that the forwards get a spell, but the defenders don't?
    I've talked to a few defenders and ex defenders over the years and it seems to be that the coaches and the players initially didn't really want them to abandon their post.
    Morris mentioned that if you were playing on someone like Franklin and you weren't getting much of a chop out from team mates then you simply have to come off for a spell when he does. He also mentioned the defenders learned to run more efficient running patterns throughout games. One other point was that because of the cap on rotations the mids needed it more and if back lines started to tire coaches would often get the midfielders to push back and help out.
    I think there is also a tendency late in quarters where the back men are switching play it's often not as taxing.
    Hargrave mentioned something similar but also mentioned that back lines that tended to zone more needed less of a spell.

Not sure if any of that stacks up now.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The rule is what is said in the game day thread stays in the game day thread
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Please no, I like WOOF, I rate follower groups like this:

WOOF - mostly all non-nufftie takes.
    I feel personally attacked.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I feel personally attacked.
    Phew I thought it was me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Phew I thought it was me.
    You should probably also feel personally attacked
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    You should probably also feel personally attacked

Post Thanks / Like

The club deserves better FB sites, they are feral self entitled twits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've talked to a few defenders and ex defenders over the years and it seems to be that the coaches and the players initially didn't really want them to abandon their post.
    Morris mentioned that if you were playing on someone like Franklin and you weren't getting much of a chop out from team mates then you simply have to come off for a spell when he does. He also mentioned the defenders learned to run more efficient running patterns throughout games. One other point was that because of the cap on rotations the mids needed it more and if back lines started to tire coaches would often get the midfielders to push back and help out.
    I think there is also a tendency late in quarters where the back men are switching play it's often not as taxing.
    Hargrave mentioned something similar but also mentioned that back lines that tended to zone more needed less of a spell.

Not sure about this year, but in the past few years Schache/Cordy tended to have the highest km games when playing forward. Never when they were playing back.
    Gardner regularly posts high 90s/100% TOG.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

True. When attacking forwards and defenders need to lead with intensity but when defenders win the ball back and the forwards are applying defensive pressure it's normally not quite so demanding for the defenders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    The club deserves better FB sites, they are feral self entitled twits.
    Didn't the club have their own bulldog forum a few years back. I never went on it as I am a loyal woofer ever since Coondog got me off BF. Not sure if it still going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Not sure about this year, but in the past few years Schache/Cordy tended to have the highest km games when playing forward. Never when they were playing back.
    Gardner regularly posts high 90s/100% TOG.
    The running is likely a massive reason why L. Young wasn't preferred over time.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.