Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  161
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Not worth a thread" chat

Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Intent has to come into it, irrespective of whether the result is a concussion or otherwise.

You can cause a concussion without meaning to and without hitting the head in some instances. Rioli (and I know I bang on about this all the time), irrespective of the pace of the game knew exactly what he was doing when he jumped into Rowell. Yes the game is quick for the players, but it looks a shit tonne quicker from the sidelines/ on camera than it does in play. It's extremely rare that they don't know what they're doing or can't stop what they are thinking of doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Bailey Smith hip was a bit of a surprise - does that mean the leaks have stopped?
    Maybe... I am a little bewildered by Bevo's want to keep the selected team a secret until the teams are officially released. I'm not sure we get an advantage in doing so... but only the boss knows that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Maybe... I am a little bewildered by Bevo's want to keep the selected team a secret until the teams are officially released. I'm not sure we get an advantage in doing so... but only the boss knows that.
    I think it's an integrity in process and ethics standpoint, to be honest. Not so much about the end outcome, more so about what's right and wrong. The MC prepares and announce the teams a day before or whenever is required by the rules. End of argument.

If you look back at his most recent role before entering AFL coaching ranks, his entire world pretty much revolved around it. You cook people or organisations that don't follow the process in good faith, you have compassion and/ or leniency for those that do.

We'll see where his principles lead him in this industry. Caz Willow thinks they're driving him insane.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think it's an integrity in process and ethics standpoint, to be honest. Not so much about the end outcome, more so about what's right and wrong. The MC prepares and announce the teams a day before or whenever is required by the rules. End of argument.

If you look back at his most recent role before entering AFL coaching ranks, his entire world pretty much revolved around it. You cook people or organisations that don't follow the process in good faith, you have compassion and/ or leniency for those that do.

We'll see where his principles lead him in this industry. Caz Willow thinks they're driving him insane.
    Based on Bevo's comments at yesterday's presser I believe he thinks it gives the team a tactical advantage to delay making any announcements regarding the make-up of the team until the last minute which I'm not so sure on.... so would Carlton really give a shit if they find out at 10.20am or 6.20pm that Bailey Smith isn't playing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Indeed - the question is, who was leaking to GJ (Grub Journalist). Have we heard of any departures from the club?
    Might be the departure from FOX that stopped it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Based on Bevo's comments at yesterday's presser I believe he thinks it gives the team a tactical advantage to delay making any announcements regarding the make-up of the team until the last minute which I'm not so sure on.... so would Carlton really give a shit if they find out at 10.20am or 6.20pm that Bailey Smith isn't playing?
    I don't think it's the players themselves, it's the balance he wants to protect.
    If we're playing a team off a 5 day break and deliberately go shorter to expose them for run, I can see why he'd want to keep that under wraps so the opposition go 'standard size' rather than in bring in an extra runner to counter that.

In most cases it probably makes little difference as teams are largely focussed on what they are doing themselves rather than just countering the opposition.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Might be the departure from FOX that stopped it.
    These guys pay money to feed them leaks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Indeed - the question is, who was leaking to GJ (Grub Journalist). Have we heard of any departures from the club?
    That would require a leak.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    That would require a leak.
    I reckon it was Bevo - he's taken this us against them paradigm to new heights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I reckon it was Bevo - he's taken this us against them paradigm to new heights.
    As a side note: Tom worked for Ameet at Saints as a media/PR guy

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    As a side note: Tom worked for Ameet at Saints as a media/PR guy
    So Ameet is the leak?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So Ameet is the leak?
    No way

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone at last week's match find the noise over the PA way over the top? I sit on the ground level and it seemed to me to be much more ramped up compared to previous seasons. And some of the ground announcer's comments were so inane. Annoyed me more than the blue's supporters. And that's saying something.

17. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Did anyone at last week's match find the noise over the PA way over the top? I sit on the ground level and it seemed to me to be much more ramped up compared to previous seasons. And some of the ground announcer's comments were so inane. Annoyed me more than the blue's supporters. And that's saying something.
    Yep, they've really got to have a rethink on the effects they're applying to the venue.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post