Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  161
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Not worth a thread" chat

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I saw Bont at the shops this evening. Yes, I saw Bont at the shops this evening. I was within a metre of him.
    You got closer to him than the North defenders
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

No mate, I don't do that usually.

If I had the pooch with me I'd have asked him to take a photo with him for the family. Maybe......I tend to leave the footballers alone.

I expect it went more like this :

3. Likes bornadog, azabob, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Fremantle - are they the North Melbourne of 2015/16? Surprise everyone and make a couple of prelims with a couple of older players still around before having to find a few more?

Mundy & Fyfe are playing well but can't have too long left.
    They look pretty good, don't they.

Get an organised defence playing them in Melbourne/ interstate and I reckon they struggle a bit more than they did on the weekend. From here though, the amount of games they have in WA makes them a great chance for finals.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Fremantle - are they the North Melbourne of 2015/16? Surprise everyone and make a couple of prelims with a couple of older players still around before having to find a few more?

Mundy & Fyfe are playing well but can't have too long left.
    Since Fyfe hasn't played does that mean they are doing better, or do you mean Walters?

They have plenty of talent without being reliant on an aging group like North were.

Against Essendon they were only marginally older (4 months) and more experienced (11 games), but Mundy would account for all of that difference.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

No mate, I don't do that usually.

If I had the pooch with me I'd have asked him to take a photo with him for the family. Maybe......I tend to leave the footballers alone.
    The pooch takes photos? Damn ( I resisted the urge to say doggone) that's a talented dog. I'd have introduced him to the Bont for sure.

Or did you want the Bont to take a photo of you and the pooch? If so I can see why you resisted the urge. That might have come off as a bit weird. And I can't see why the Bont's family would be interested in a photo of you and your dog.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The pooch takes photos? Damn ( I resisted the urge to say doggone) that's a talented dog. I'd have introduced him to the Bont for sure.

Or did you want the Bont to take a photo of you and the pooch? If so I can see why you resisted the urge. That might have come off as a bit weird. And I can't see why the Bont's family would be interested in a photo of you and your dog.
    Very good!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.09.10 PM.jpg

New dissent rule, any thoughts?
    "Opening your arms is 50 mate"....
    Rather than respect for umpires I think this runs the risk of making people hate umpires.
    but with abuse of umpires a real issue, better than nothing.

Regional footy can get pretty bad.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

Rather than respect for umpires I think this runs the risk of making people hate umpires.

Umpires deserve respect, but they have lost the plot here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

I get where they are coming from but I have rarely seen player abuse of umpires in regional footy. Say anything abusive to an umpire and at a minimum you will be having a spell on the bench and possibly a few weeks off as well. Most players aren't dumb enough to go there. The abuse of umpires comes from the crowd, no different to an AFL game.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Since Fyfe hasn't played does that mean they are doing better, or do you mean Walters?

They have plenty of talent without being reliant on an aging group like North were.

Against Essendon they were only marginally older (4 months) and more experienced (11 games), but Mundy would account for all of that difference.
    My bad.

I thought Walters was cooked pre-season but looked ok from the brief glimpses I caught of their game.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

17. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Former Western Bulldogs doc Dr Richard Vucinic faces suspension for fraud convictions

A former AFL doctor who illegally prescribed drugs to patients he claimed were outlaw bikies could be sidelined for longer after he was convicted of fraud.

Disgraced ex-Western Bulldogs medico Dr Richard Vucinic fronted the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal on Wednesday to answer allegations of misconduct.

The tribunal heard Vucinic, 45, was convicted in 2019 after pleading guilty to theft and obtain property by deception charges.

The Medical Board of Australia submitted Dr Vucinic, who is suspended until December 2023, should cop a further 12 months on the sidelines.

Dr Vucinic, who requested an adjournment to seek legal representation, told the tribunal it was in “his best interest” not to “provide commentary” until he got a lawyer up.

“A lot of things I said in the past have been taken out of context and gotten me into more trouble,” Dr Vucinic said.

“I think that’s the best way to maintain what little integrity I have left.”

However, Dr Vucinic then spoke freely for much of the remainder of the hearing.

“This all started because it was alleged I was trafficking drugs,” he said.

“That case and the charges were dropped … I’ve made silly decisions and I take full responsibility.

“They were serious allegations, and I got plastered over the media being associated with bikies … this has ruined my life.

“Not a day goes past that I don’t take responsibility that I don’t put my hand up and accept the stupid decisions that I’ve made, you know scripts and repeat scripts that I shouldn’t have.

“I used to work for the Western Bulldogs, used to be a doctor for an AFL club, I’ve gone from the top to the tree to the bottom, I risked incarceration, and was living in the streets for four or five months, lost my relationship with my partner and access to my daughter.”

Sarah Keating, for the Board, asked for costs to be reserved if Wednesday’s hearing was adjourned.

Ms Keating estimated costs would come in at approximately $5000.

“It’s just one thing after the other,” Dr Vucinic said.

“Like today now with the costs, it’s like they’re saying ‘let’s fix him up more’.

“How am I gonna pay that $5000, I live off $600 a fortnight.

“I’ve been looking for a job, but when I go for a job people look at my resume and think I’m lying.

“I’ve got to lie now – because if I tell them I’ve gone through university, and got first class honours they think I’m crazy.”

The tribunal heard Dr Vucinic was suspended for three years in December 2020 after he prescribed Xanax and Valium in “excessive quantities” and “without clinical justification” to three patients between December 2013 and March 2014.

Dr Vucinic also proscribed testosterone to a patient and provided false and/or misleading evidence.

Dr Vucinic told the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, during the investigation, that a “couple of patients of mine” were “part of an outlaw motorcycle gang”.

“It has now almost been two years since my life was rocked to its very foundations after being set up by a couple of patients of mine who were part of an outlaw motorcycle gang,” Dr Vucinic told APHRA in February 2016.

“To this very day I continue to suffer from the aftermath of their crime …

“What has made things even worse was the enormous amount of media interest in this case which was the result of the police leaking my case to the media …”

The tribunal agreed to adjourn today’s proceeding after Dr Vucinic, who used to earn $300,00 a year but is now on the dole, assured he could afford a lawyer

“I can obtain access to my super due to severe financial distress … so I can get a payout of $10,000 every 12 months,” he said

The matter will return in June.

Post Thanks / Like

First they steal our song, now they steal our colours!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with more insight into the vflw explain this train wreck ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Anyone with more insight into the vflw explain this train wreck ?

Don't worry, its only a development league...
    More of an In Bruges guy?