Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why is Weightman "WELDED" to the Forward Line?

Between his Mr Perfect style flat back bump selling for free kicks and that change of direction using his knee thing he does, I’m gonna assume that Cody has studied a fair bit of pro wrestling and looked to work it into his game. Really awesome stuff.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Has provided outstanding forward pressure so far this year, his repeat efforts are incredible.
    It's no coincidence that when you are prepared to work hard and play the percentages, you inevitably reap the rewards and play yourself back into some form. This is exactly what's happened with Weightman - he's no longer playing for freekicks and he's playing a hell of a lot better because of it.
    W00F!

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    There was one effort where he did about 5 repeat efforts/chase downs single handed and nearly beat 2 or 3 defenders.

His energy is contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Has provided outstanding forward pressure so far this year, his repeat efforts are incredible.

I watched the game from level one around the 50 metre line. It was pretty obvious as the game wore on that the Swans defenders were getting more and more Cody conscious as they ran to contests or were disposing of the ball.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Between his Mr Perfect style flat back bump selling for free kicks and that change of direction using his knee thing he does, I’m gonna assume that Cody has studied a fair bit of pro wrestling and looked to work it into his game. Really awesome stuff.
    Love it! From now on his nickname should be Hulkster. I have a particular hatred of giving our players nicknames of players who played with other clubs.

Dale Weightman was a great player but Cody Weightman is a Bulldog player and should get an original nickname not a second-hand nickname based on having the same surname as someone else.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.