Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mark Robinson looks at how the Western Bulldogs re-sign Bailey Smith as his value soars

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    What other clubs would be going for him? He’s a marquee player now and will demand serious $ but who has it? Sydney and GWS would love the publicity and could sell the “out of the bubble” of Melb thing. I don’t reckon he’d go to North or a team that was miles off contending. I mean, never say never but you’d think he’d want to be with a team who is gonna continue to challenge. Certainly you could say if his next contract was anywhere from 2-5 years we should still be there about for that long.

We’ll definitely want to keep him from both a playing perspective (he’s good!) and from and marketing perspective… and from a sponsors commercial perspective. Is he allowed to be a Missions Food ambassador for an extra $200k per year?

Surely that is a job for his mum.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

2. Likes hujsh, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mark Robinson looks at how the Western Bulldogs re-sign Bailey Smith as his value soars

What other clubs would be going for him? He’s a marquee player now and will demand serious $ but who has it? Sydney and GWS would love the publicity and could sell the “out of the bubble” of Melb thing. I don’t reckon he’d go to North or a team that was miles off contending. I mean, never say never but you’d think he’d want to be with a team who is gonna continue to challenge. Certainly you could say if his next contract was anywhere from 2-5 years we should still be there about for that long.

We’ll definitely want to keep him from both a playing perspective (he’s good!) and from and marketing perspective… and from a sponsors commercial perspective. Is he allowed to be a Missions Food ambassador for an extra $200k per year?
    Hawks?

Post Thanks / Like

Ideally Smith needs to become the face of our junior supporters programme meaning we could pay him something outside of the cap but there are some opportunities with sponsors that you point out.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Sydney would all offer big dollars. Maybe even Geelong with the Cotton On thing.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Sydney would all offer big dollars. Maybe even Geelong with the Cotton On thing.
    Bailey is the new ambassador for Cotton On

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    bailey is the new ambassador for cotton on

ssbs.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Is his signature worth it?
    His marketing pull (he's already on nearly every AFL ad) and membership potential is through the roof. He will make non-Bulldog boys and girls support the Bulldogs. He's worth it.

9. Likes bornadog, josie, azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For what its worth I also agree his signature is worth it.

They only club I see Smith leaving us for is Sydney. A lot of cap space and marketing $ will be vacant once Franklin goes.

Plus as alluded to earlier; he will be out of the melbourne bubble.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    For what its worth I also agree his signature is worth it.

They only club I see Smith leaving us for is Sydney. A lot of cap space and marketing $ will be vacant once Franklin goes.

Plus as alluded to earlier; he will be out of the melbourne bubble.
    Good call.

Weirdly enough I'm pretty at peace with the Bailey Smith situation. I feel like there's no risk of him not staying.
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Good call.

Weirdly enough I'm pretty at peace with the Bailey Smith situation. I feel like there's no risk of him not staying.
    Me too. I expect him to sign.

I think he and Beveridge are kindred spirts of sorts
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You're saying that we'll need to pony up then Ponyboy?
    I'm saying you need to change the thread back to its original "Trade Dunkley", because that's what we'll be talking about in a few months time.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes azabob liked this post