Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  86
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ‘The only club I wouldn’t put my hand up for right now’: Why Hawks legend Cyril Rioli has stayed away

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Cut scene to Fairfax board room.
    Right guys coming up to election, we need maximum clicks.
    Keen junior journalist " How about we really go after Jeff on this Rioli, the left leaning Victorians hate him, and he doesn't matter to us anymore".
    Good idea! ok great. We can get maximum outrage on this one, and keep our agenda bubbling along.

Have you ever noticed how the same company keeps different plates spinning in different states?
    Same stories, different angles depending on how they want to tailor it to the audience.
    It's all about clicks and then, working where it counts.
    GD are you ok?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ‘The only club I wouldn’t put my hand up for right now’: Why Hawks legend Cyril Rioli has stayed away

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    GD are you ok?
    When facebook started to insert references to advertisers inside articles rather than outside them in banner ads, their advertising revenue increased by 4.5

How else are traditional ownerships supposed to compete?

"The Australian ( and Age) indicates that there’s an audience prepared to pay for a more intellectualised outrage mixed in with some decent journalism. And the success of the more journalistically traditional news.com.au shows that less outrage and more mass-audience news can work as an advertising driven online offering." Link
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

https://omny.fm/shows/3aw-is-footbal...il-rioli-story

Interesting development. I note with interest none of Buddy Franklin, Shaun Burgoyne or Chance Bateman were aware of any racial issues at the Hawks - think I'll take their word (and Michael Long) over the gutter scribe with a vendetta pushing hard for the narrative, with no thought or care for the damage she causes to people and club along the way.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Interesting development. I note with interest none of Buddy Franklin, Shaun Burgoyne or Chance Bateman were aware of any racial issues at the Hawks - think I'll take their word (and Michael Long) over the gutter scribe with a vendetta pushing hard for the narrative, with no thought or care for the damage she causes to people and club along the way.
    What about Cyril's word?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

The whole thing is a mess and may be impossible for outsiders to ever know what really happened but Michael Long not knowing details really means nothing to me at all.
    Have either of the 3 players mentioned spoken publicly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    GD are you ok?
    hi East D.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore this.
    yes I am ok but many are struggling here.
    At least in Wuhan you could get food delivery.
    It's a debarcle now, but neighbours are really good here, all pitching in. Thanks for asking.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read a fair bit of this thread but not all. For me the most dismaying issue was a team mate asking if another team mates partner "was a boong too". That is just so offensive and nothing was done about it.

What's that saying about culture and the standards you accept? What message does that send to the Indigenous members of any organisation in which people are able to get away with stuff like that?

That's more hurtful and has a longer lasting effect than the casual use of racist language.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

9. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post