Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  53
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    6,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    With the greatest respect to any footy scribes that lurk on woof, it is a truly gutter profession full of parasites who infect their venom onto the real stars of the show .
    That's about the level of respect they deserve.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I know Hutchy loves those edgy US sports panel shows and after a stint over there launched a similar style here.
    Creating drama where there is none through their confrontational back and forth.
    My memory was Wilson was reasonably stock standard like Sheehan prior to this writing for The Age but I could well be wrong.
    Wilson was OK before she got on TV, which is similar to many journos who did/ do the same.

    As soon as you combine/ integrate different platforms you end up with saturation and a lack of diversity in opinions which leads to the gutter based or cheap material/ content that's produced.

    It's OK having 2000 media personnel following the game and reporting on it. What's not OK is that only a very small percentage of that 2000 get their messages across in what's considered the mainstream.

    Diversification of the media landscape has been a good thing and we need more of it. What we don't need is Caro/ Gary or whomever writing an article on Monday, sprouting shit about it Monday night, and then going on radio to keep it going the next day.

    The cynical nature of syndicated corporate media is the problem here, not the amount of people covering the game.
    Just call me Ponyboy.

  3. Likes Grantysghost, Bulldog Joe liked this post
  4. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

    I loved the article, and really enjoy the Saturday Paper. It definitely leans the same way that I do, but I feel it does often speak truth to power and their articles are grounded in fact. It feels like proper journalism to me, and I wish this was the quality we expected rather than Hun/Age tabloid crap.

    (and I can solve the cryptic).

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Wilson was OK before she got on TV, which is similar to many journos who did/ do the same.
    Wilson has historically been much better than a lot, but the call for Beveridge to be fined six figures was just insane and so out of touch.

  6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
  7. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Wilson has historically been much better than a lot, but the call for Beveridge to be fined six figures was just insane and so out of touch.
    Wilson is one of the most poisonous people in the footy industry and has been for decades. She harbours grudges that were started 50 years ago by her father when he was president of the tigers in the 70's - just ask Kevin Sheedy. She is a destructive person who chases the off-field story at any cost, even to the point of making up 'controversy' to suit her click-bait obsessed narrative. Witness the absolute destructive garbage she wrote about when Membury and Ross left the hub to be with their partners when they were giving birth last year - she created a pile-on against 2 supportive footballers (and their partners giving birth) for no reason other than self-aggrandizement.

    She does not get a pass from me because of her gender (something she has cravenly used as a shield for her poisonous words and actions in the past). She is the distillation of everything that is wrong with modern footy journalism, and her particular oeuvre has created an entire cottage industry of footy scribes who feed on the off-field 'drama' (even when it does not exist) and who have little or no interest in the actual game itself. She created the blueprint that Hutchy, Morris, Cornes et al have followed.
    We are the goon squad and we're coming to town. Beep Beep.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillside. (carn the sharks)
    Posts
    3,701
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

    I love the irony of a journalist telling us about gutter journalists.

    Great piece written after the dust has settled without any attached emotion from an insiders perspective.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

  9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    6,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Wilson is one of the most poisonous people in the footy industry and has been for decades. She harbours grudges that were started 50 years ago by her father when he was president of the tigers in the 70's - just ask Kevin Sheedy. She is a destructive person who chases the off-field story at any cost, even to the point of making up 'controversy' to suit her click-bait obsessed narrative. Witness the absolute destructive garbage she wrote about when Membury and Ross left the hub to be with their partners when they were giving birth last year - she created a pile-on against 2 supportive footballers (and their partners giving birth) for no reason other than self-aggrandizement.

    She does not get a pass from me because of her gender (something she has cravenly used as a shield for her poisonous words and actions in the past). She is the distillation of everything that is wrong with modern footy journalism, and her particular oeuvre has created an entire cottage industry of footy scribes who feed on the off-field 'drama' (even when it does not exist) and who have little or no interest in the actual game itself. She created the blueprint that Hutchy, Morris, Cornes et al have followed.
    Once again Sedat refuses to tell us what he really thinks.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  11. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Wilson is one of the most poisonous people in the footy industry and has been for decades. She harbours grudges that were started 50 years ago by her father when he was president of the tigers in the 70's - just ask Kevin Sheedy. She is a destructive person who chases the off-field story at any cost, even to the point of making up 'controversy' to suit her click-bait obsessed narrative. Witness the absolute destructive garbage she wrote about when Membury and Ross left the hub to be with their partners when they were giving birth last year - she created a pile-on against 2 supportive footballers (and their partners giving birth) for no reason other than self-aggrandizement.

    She does not get a pass from me because of her gender (something she has cravenly used as a shield for her poisonous words and actions in the past). She is the distillation of everything that is wrong with modern footy journalism, and her particular oeuvre has created an entire cottage industry of footy scribes who feed on the off-field 'drama' (even when it does not exist) and who have little or no interest in the actual game itself. She created the blueprint that Hutchy, Morris, Cornes et al have followed.
    For a time she was one of those journos that hurt you when she was talking about your club but didn't as much when talking about other clubs, because she was often right. But after she was put on multiple platforms she turned into a commercially driven, content and scandal hungry blow hard.

    As much of a shit bag as she (and her ilk) might be, the real and too often overlooked shit bags are the club insiders who can't help themselves but leak information and cause disruption within the organisations they purport to love and follow, or consider their employers.

    The industry is full of them, they exist at local/ lower club levels too because at the end of the day footy clubs attract really weird people. As long as these shit bags exist, shit bags like Caro etc. will continue to thrive.
    Just call me Ponyboy.

  12. Likes WBFC4FFC, josie liked this post
  13. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    For a time she was one of those journos that hurt you when she was talking about your club but didn't as much when talking about other clubs, because she was often right. But after she was put on multiple platforms she turned into a commercially driven, content and scandal hungry blow hard.

    As much of a shit bag as she (and her ilk) might be, the real and too often overlooked shit bags are the club insiders who can't help themselves but leak information and cause disruption within the organisations they purport to love and follow, or consider their employers.

    The industry is full of them, they exist at local/ lower club levels too because at the end of the day footy clubs attract really weird people. As long as these shit bags exist, shit bags like Caro etc. will continue to thrive.
    Hell yes to the bolded bit. They are horrible, self-serving people who clearly have a void in their lives to be sharing confidential trade secrets to the vermin to feast on, causing unnecessary pain to good people within the organisations that employ them.
    We are the goon squad and we're coming to town. Beep Beep.

  14. Likes josie, SonofScray liked this post
  15. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Flemington
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

    That was a really solid article, cut through a lot of the absolute garbage. I try to consume as little of the footy media as possible, because I find the type that actually gets to have a voice in this space to be pretty reprehensible. Or boring, as is the case with the ex-player contingent.

  16. Likes Sedat, WBFC4FFC, Ghost Dog liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •