Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  209
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup

Think Souttar will be our best player over the next 5 years and should be playing top flight football. Absolutely immense performance.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent performance by the team. Now it's all down to one game. Go the Socceroos!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We still might not get through but I love that we are getting a little respite from the negative nellies.

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Goodwin has really put his best foot forward there, terrific performance.

Dukeís goal was glorious when you add up the sum of its parts. A nice header, hard running, a mid stride adjustment of the deflection and a beautiful touch and turn to get it all going.

Got a bit dire late as we started to defend for our lives, but Souttar and Ryan were both bullocking and assured.
    Goodwin has been outstanding. Close to our best in both games.

Last nightís performance was really good. I didnít think that they had it in them. Well done for taking it up to the Tunisians. Tough game against the Danes but quietly confident.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone seen the Ecuadorian games? Young, fast and skilful. Totally outplayed the Netherlands. If they can make it through to the next stage watch out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    We still might not get through but I love that we are getting a little respite from the negative nellies.
    Don't we need at least a draw v Denmark?
    FFC: Established 1877

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't we need at least a draw v Denmark?
    A win gets us through. Draw will get us through so long as France don't lose to Tunisia.

11. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    A win gets us through. Draw will get us through so long as France don't lose to Tunisia.
    I think many forget Denmark are a top ten ranked side.
    Still a long shot but you never know
    Behind Toby McLean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Danes were very unluckily not to get a result against the French last night - Lloris made a couple of point blank saves when it was 1-1. They are a high quality side.

We can definitely get a result against them if we hold our shape like we did last night. We can't defend too deep like we didn't against the French. Leckie and Goodwin were magnificent both in attacking play and also covering defensively. And Souttar was immense - he was Paolo Maldini-like. Duke was also excellent as the no 9 - his finish was top drawer, as was his touch earlier in that chain. Behich also some great sacrificial running to draw the central defender and open up more space for Duke.
    Last edited by Sedat; 27-11-2022 at 08:42 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'!"

14. Likes chef, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Absolutely. I expect Denmark to win but I love the hope. You just never know and it'd be pretty remarkable for us to go through. This world cup has been full of surprises and Denmark going winless would also be one of them.

They're going to come at us with everything. They'll be very aggressive knowing they need a win. I just can't see our defence holding up....but there is always hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Cracking night of games last night. Serbia blew it against Cameroon drawing 3-3 after crusing at 3-1. Then the Ghana v South Korea rollercoaster ended up with Ghana winning 3-2. Brazil got the job done against the Swiss and Portugal flexed their muscles against a quality opponent this morning.

First 2 rounds in the group stage have been fantastic and now the final group games begin tonight. The 2am games are going to kill work productivity the next few nights.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'!"

17. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Cracking night of games last night. Serbia blew it against Cameroon drawing 3-3 after crusing at 3-1. Then the Ghana v South Korea rollercoaster ended up with Ghana winning 3-2. Brazil got the job done against the Swiss and Portugal flexed their muscles against a quality opponent this morning.

First 2 rounds in the group stage have been fantastic and now the final group games begin tonight. The 2am games are going to kill work productivity the next few nights.
    Yep been a fantastical WC so far. Really loving what some of the African nations are doing.

19. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Yeah the 2am and 6am timeslots aren't ideal from here.

That Serbia/Cameroon game was WEIRD. Serbia dominating, 3-1 up ... and in about 2 minutes after two subdued goals/celebrations it was 3-3. Obviously everyone thought it was offside, especially the first, but it felt underwhelming for the occasion.

The game itself was great though. Have loved the tournament so far!
    Still admiring Sam Power.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely pumped for tonight/tomorrow morning. Let's go Socceroos!!!!! To make the final 16 would be absolutely sesnational.

22. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We showed a bit more attacking flair in the last 10 minutes of that first half but the Danes were all over us like a cheap suit in the first half hour.

The defence absorbed a lot of pressure and must continue to do so. As the game continues they will become more desperate and we must be ready to pounce.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."