Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned. Round four 2022 v Richmond

And away you go. Round four, three things.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round four 2022 v Richmond

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Our midfield is overrated and needs to be broken up. I don't care about stats, they can't defend. They work one way and they can't spread. Happy to trade Dunkley, Libba is done. Time to get some fresh faces by way of draft or trade.

2. If English leaves we're in a world of pain after the time we've put into him.

3. I think Bevo might be done. Tactically he's always been suspect, but now I question if he can motivate the players. In terms of weaknesses that we've had for a long period of time, none have improved. Ultimately I think it has to fall on him. I've loved him, I've probably despised his decision making and stubbornness at times, obviously I'd love to be wrong... But I just think he looks out of ideas and at the end.
    W00F!

4. Likes 1eyedog, josie, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I knew Carey was a massive narcissist, I never knew he was a "whatever you say Dr Lanzer just mess my shit up" kind of narcissist.

2. We're a bit crap and on paper we shouldn't be. I can't really figure it out.

3. O'Brien did ok. I wasn't really expecting that.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

1. The mail might be right that some players are waiting to see who will coach before signing on. Something is not right.

2. We will regret not taking a first and second round pick for Dunkley.

3. They need to throw whatever they can at English.

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our players look tired. Its a tired game style to win by kicking points . High energy type of game style with poor skill execution : fumbles , dropped marks, no one is playing on instinct . Back to basics . Learn to kick and play on instincts, bring back some fun to the game . I am afraid we have lost the season to our dreadful kicking and it’s an issue that has been neglected for years . Forget everything else
    2. Teams have worked us out . Let the doggies win the ball fwd . Nullify Naughton , our smalls have zero impact and ball pressure , goal on the rebound. I am afraid Bevo has been worked out and we need some fresh ideas

3. If we lose English it’s back to the no key fwd years . I saw Lions last night having. Fort , Mcstay , Harris and Adams who just kept marking all night

I don’t see marks like that from any of our backs or key big men tonight . not having Bruce , Hannan and even Cordy has really left us short and not enough marking power. I’m kinda really afraid now we going to have some lean games this year

4. Darcy Fort and Chol was available last year , I wonder how hard we went for them ? We need KPD backman and ruck to support English . time to play the whole list and see who really can play . Sorry but I don’t see anything in Butler, Vanders, Wallis and those who are not playing tonight : Schache , … time to move these guys on . I love Wallis loyalty and endeavour .

Post Thanks / Like

1) I learned that the gaps in the list that many of us highlighted in the off season are valid.
    2) We need some 1 v 1 type players in out back line and midfield.
    3) A tough week ahead for our MC.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    1. Our players look tired. Its a tired game style to win by kicking points . High energy type of game style with poor skill execution : fumbles , dropped marks, no one is playing on instinct . Back to basics . Learn to kick and play on instincts, bring back some fun to the game . Forget everything else
    2. Teams have worked us out . Let the doggies win the ball fwd . Nullify Naughton , our smalls have zero impact and ball pressure , goal on the rebound. I am afraid Bevo has been worked out and we need some fresh ideas

3. If we lose English it’s back to the no key fwd years . I saw Lions last night having. Fort , Mcstay , Harris and Adams who just kept marking all night

I don’t see marks like that from any of our backs or key big men tonight . not having Bruce , Hannan and even Cordy has really left us short and not enough marking power. I’m kinda really afraid now we going to have some lean games this year

4. Darcy Fort and Chol was available last year , I wonder how hard we went for them ? We need KPD backman and ruck to support English . time to play the whole list and see who really can play . Sorry but I don’t see anything in Butler, Vanders, Wallis and those who are not playing tonight : Schache , … time to move these guys on . I love Wallis loyalty and endeavour .
    Yeah I listened to the radio commentary. They said we looked not to be moving around, applying much pressure. Lacklustre.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    1. Our midfield is overrated and needs to be broken up. I don't care about stats, they can't defend. They work one way and they can't spread. Happy to trade Dunkley, Libba is done. Time to get some fresh faces by way of draft or trade.

2. If English leaves we're in a world of pain after the time we've put into him.

3. I think Bevo might be done. Tactically he's always been suspect, but now I question if he can motivate the players. In terms of weaknesses that we've had for a long period of time, none have improved. Ultimately I think it has to fall on him. I've loved him, I've probably despised his decision making and stubbornness at times, obviously I'd love to be wrong... But I just think he looks out of ideas and at the end.
    Bit harsh? By the boot we let Bevo down tonight. Honestly those set shots. These are professional footballers.
    But each time we have an easy shot, I expect us to miss.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

13. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Bit harsh? By the boot we let Bevo down tonight. Honestly those set shots. These are professional footballers.
    But each time we have an easy shot, I expect us to miss.
    I think it's just one part of a bigger equation. The set shots are poor, but I really think we have even bigger problems than that.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

1.The MC got it horribly wrong with the forward line - Scott. McNeill, Weightman and Ugle-Hagan had just 23 possessions and 2 points between them.
    2. The club does not rate goalkicking accuracy at all, since 3/4 time in the Carlton game we have scored 18-43 so nothing to see here.
    3. English can't carry the ruck for 23 rounds (forget the finals) and the refusal of Bevo and the MC to see that is hard to fathom.

16. Likes josie, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    1.The MC got it horribly wrong with the forward line - Scott. McNeill, Weightman and Ugle-Hagan had just 23 possessions and 2 points between them.
    2. The club does not rate goalkicking accuracy at all, since 3/4 time in the Carlton game we have scored 18-43 so nothing to see here.
    3. English can't carry the ruck for 23 rounds (forget the finals) and the refusal of Bevo and the MC to see that is hard to fathom.
    I would hate for him to become like Josh Fraser who was a phenomenal talent early on in his career . The pies just did not rate rucks and they wore him out . They even let go of Witts!
    I would hate for see him end up at freo when they are starting their premiership window

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    1. The mail might be right that some players are waiting to see who will coach before signing on. Something is not right.

2. We will regret not taking a first and second round pick for Dunkley.

3. They need to throw whatever they can at English.
    What mail? Where is this from?

Post Thanks / Like

1. We are in a major slump. Sure we beat the Swans and we could have won tonight with momentum but the lack of scoreboard pressure is telling. We hardly have any natural goal kickers in the team - Weightman is probably it. The lack of confidence in front of goal is diabolical. I’m they practice kicking for goal - maybe they need a psychologist.

2. O’Brien showed something. Not significant but at least a positive.

3. The pressure last week was great. This week it was poor. How can a team fluctuate so much in such a short timeframe ?

20. Likes josie, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    What mail? Where is this from?
    Very puzzling.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.