It isn't just the misses.

It's what they mean to the players who miss AND the rest of the team.

Naughts and Bont have a serious problem right now. Fixing it will NOT be easy. They literally had ALL summer to fix it and they made zero progress...but now, well, now it's impacting everyone.

It impacts the players down the ground (ball in hand) - they simply don't want to release it by foot.
It impacts the players down the ground (defensively). - they WILL NOT press as they are worried about the rebound...which kills our second chance opportunities.

It impacts the players themselves - they wont lead straight up...they literally do not want easy shots on goal...because when you miss from there, well....

I get it - the comments about it being 'MORE' than the shots on goal...I mean, they're fundamentally right. But the misses - the repeated misses - they suck the life out the team, out of the group and pushing 30m across to support suddenly feels just 5% less important...and once that starts happening, it's over.

Compare that to Richmond literally rising as one when Riewoldt kicked one from outside 50m as time expired...I hate to say it but he is a champion player who understands the moment.