Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 1 of 175 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

List Management thread

Alright, so Bevo has had this list for 7 years now and frankly it's pretty bad where it currently sits, we are truly 'Bevos Bulldogs' now and not the team he inherited and coached to a grand final in 16.

What do we do to fix it during this coming off season?

Who do we target?

Re-sign?

Trade for?

Let go of?

Let's hear some ideas on how we improve from where we currently are that don't involve sacking the coaching staff (as tempting as that is right now).
    Last edited by Vred; 12-10-2022 at 04:31 AM.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Looking at who we currently have out of contract, our key to the next off season is seeing who we chose to retain, for me number one priority like it or not is English, if we lose him we're in a world of trouble and our number one target should be a ruck spot.

We need ready-made KPD's and most likely two of them considering Keath at the moment, if that currently means losing one of our midfield than I am fine with it, Smith or Dunkley? If I have to pick one to keep it's probably Smith, specially if we can turn Dunks into a ready-to-go KPD, both Smith and Dunkley have really questionable kicking but I do think Smith has plenty of development left in him.

Half our backline is out of contract this year, Daniel, Keath, Schache, Cordy, Duryea, Khamis - this is where we need the biggest help, I'd be looking to target one of Freo's 30 KPD players (Pierce of Hamling) and hope to god Darcy comes on as a KPD so we have some big men down back to help with this, if it means letting one of our 40 half-back flankers go than again, fine with it.

Not sure how we fix the two-way-refuse-to-defend running problem in the middle, but I don't think we need to trade in for mid-field players when we have Garcia and West waiting in the two's, with McLean to return as well.

Forwardline will be fine once Bruce returns but we do need to see more out of VDM, Scott/McNeil and Cody, I think our forward line problem is more entries and coaching than actual personal.

Everything for me this off season hinges on English staying or leaving, but we must go after some KPD depth if we are keen to challenge in the next few years and not let this list go to waste.

4. Likes josie, Grantysghost, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Eloquently said Vred. Agree 100%. I’ll put my hand up and say I was a dubious about English however his form before he was concussed last year and his dramatic improvement this year have swung me around. If he was to put his hand up for WC or Freo and if our form line does not markedly improve I think it will make for an interesting and likely tumultuous off-season.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d have to think more, but a ruckman is a no brainer.
    Dunkley and Hunter I would move on.
    A player like Gunston/mihocek required.
    A FB to allow Keath to play the lever role.
    And a whole swag of delisting headed by Wallis.
    I’d play Bont 60/40 half forward.
    Move Williams into mid rotations/wing.

We have to be ruthless to move fwd.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I’d have to think more, but a ruckman is a no brainer.
    Dunkley and Hunter I would move on.
    A player like Gunston/mihocek required.
    A FB to allow Keath to play the lever role.
    And a whole swag of delisting headed by Wallis.
    I’d play Bont 60/40 half forward.
    Move Williams into mid rotations/wing.

We have to be ruthless to move fwd.
    Don't agree on Dunks he's a keeper.

8. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Don't agree on Dunks he's a keeper.
    Fair enough Grantysghost but we can’t have Dunkley and Libba, so Libba goes.
    If Libba isn’t in the guts 80% of his ground time, he’s a liability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Fair enough Grantysghost but we can’t have Dunkley and Libba, so Libba goes.
    If Libba isn’t in the guts 80% of his ground time, he’s a liability.
    I think it's Libbas final season so yeah accurate. Dunks takes over next season with maybe a Garcia?

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's Libbas final season so yeah accurate. Dunks takes over next season with maybe a Garcia?
    Agree. That’s more the likely scenario, so we should be getting more time into Garcia instead of the likes of Scott and butler.

Post Thanks / Like

Silver lining - another Bailey Smith draft pick apparently awesome draft! xD

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with this, we need to get a good look at Garcia. I've liked what I've seen.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba signed for two mid last year and reportedly wanted three, like it or not we’re stuck with him until end of 2023.

Garcia tho is coming along nicely and I like the look of him, as long as his knees stay attached I do think we have a great developing kid in him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Libba signed for two mid last year and reportedly wanted three, like it or not we’re stuck with him until end of 2023.

Garcia tho is coming along nicely and I like the look of him, as long as his knees stay attached I do think we have a great developing kid in him.
    Thanks Vred I thought he ended this year.

He had covid, so it's entirely plausible that's still affecting his fitness hence the forward minutes.

I really want him in the guts more often. I think he's still got value there.

Libba had 28 pressure acts last night, as a comparison Dunkley had 11.

Dunks attended 15 centre bounces, Libba 8.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Vred I thought he ended this year.

He had covid, so it's entirely plausible that's still affecting his fitness hence the forward minutes.

I really want him in the guts more often. I think he's still got value there.

Libba had 28 pressure acts last night, as a comparison Dunkley had 11.

Dunks attended 15 centre bounces, Libba 8.
    And surely with Dunkleys marking ability he would be better suited in the fwd line allowing Libba more guts time.

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba is being played out of position and should be in the centre square. I don’t agree at all that he’s cooked.

21. Likes Vred, Sedat, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Libba is being played out of position and should be in the centre square. I don’t agree at all that he’s cooked.
    Contract year for Dunks need to appease appease!

All seriousness I think he will spend more time in there soon, probably just easing him in after Covid (I hope).

You don’t take the best clearance player away from the clearances. Be like playing Tom Lynch at full back.