Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    No no no.
    I really don't understand the names we are being linked to. Hopefully it's just speculation by the media
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I really don't understand the names we are being linked to. Hopefully it's just speculation by the media
    It better be…I don’t want other clubs scraps.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    It better be…I don’t want other clubs scraps.
    I'm not worried about adding someone who isn't being played regularly at another club because sometimes you need to do that from a depth perspective but I doubt if some of the names being mention are an upgrade on Cordy and that isn't great.

Jones, Keath, Gardner, Cordy, O'Brien and Khamis should be sufficient in terms of depth and the challenge for us is to see if we can find upgraded versions of say Cordy.

5. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have seen Magden a lot of times play and always wondered how he got a game.A downgrade on Cordy. This time of the year as everyone knows is a lot of guesswork by journalists and on other forums.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a little concerning.

The one guy it seems we put all of our resources into was rejected and we've got this plan B?

I won't worry just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Collins is a good player and would be a great addition to our side but he's their vice captain, hasn't been mentioned at all through any media outlets, and they have no obvious replacements for letting their best defender go.

Collins seems unrealistic but happy to be proven wrong.

Is it worth buying Pick 7 and Bowes? If we combine that with compensation from Dunkley we would go into the draft with a very strong hand.
    If we did land someone like Collins then we wouldn't need Cordy.
    Collins, Jones, Gardner, Keath and TOB would be more than enough and we would still have Buku and Darcy.
    Suns must be in a mess if they need to fire sale Bowes along with a top 10 pick plus consider moving on Collins.
    I can't see us having the room for Bowes as a player let alone his bloated contract.

9. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not worried about adding someone who isn't being played regularly at another club because sometimes you need to do that from a depth perspective but I doubt if some of the names being mention are an upgrade on Cordy and that isn't great.

Jones, Keath, Gardner, Cordy, O'Brien and Khamis should be sufficient in terms of depth and the challenge for us is to see if we can find upgraded versions of say Cordy.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we got Collins then Keath might be tapped on the shoulder.
    We have enough depth all round, so I don’t see the point of bringing in players unless they are best 26 on our list.

Post Thanks / Like

Did Keath have a bad season or is he cooked?

He fell off a cliff this year but I wonder whether his preseason was compromised and he was chasing form and fitness all year. Can he recapture his 2021 form with the recruitment of Jones?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Did Keath have a bad season or is he cooked?

He fell off a cliff this year but I wonder whether his preseason was compromised and he was chasing form and fitness all year. Can he recapture his 2021 form with the recruitment of Jones?
    You would hope the club is very aware of whatever challenges he faced this year and if we need to replace him now or if he is likely to bounce back next season.
    Could he announce his retirement or could he still be a solid player for us? I'm confident the club will know if they need to plan to cover him next season or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching him, he looked like a player that knew he was nearing the end. I might be wrong, but geez he looked slow, mainly poor, slow decision making and could hardly get off the ground later in the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Watching him, he looked like a player that knew he was nearing the end. I might be wrong, but geez he looked slow, mainly poor, slow decision making and could hardly get off the ground later in the season.
    Hope not DG. My hope is he just copped some of those niggly injuries that are hard to shake.

If Geelong can win a flag with the oldest side to have ever played (actually the oldest side ever to play) surely we can get a 30 year old up for a season.

15. Likes Swoop, 1eyedog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Hope not DG. My hope is he just copped some of those niggly injuries that are hard to shake.

If Geelong can win a flag with the oldest side to have ever played (actually the oldest side ever to play) surely we can get a 30 year old up for a season.
    Geelong did this very well. Maybe there are more “old” blokes who can play if they have the right conditioning, are managed through the season and have tailored roles. I do hope our injury management, fitness and conditioning are all examined closely in the review..though I still haven’t seen anything to suggest that a capital R review is actually happening.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m a broken record on this and called it out at the start of the year but Keath soft tissue injuries started in 2021, so it wasn’t just a 2022 issue. I wouldn’t be counting on Keath to impact 2023 at all.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

19. Likes Swoop, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I’m a broken record on this and called it out at the start of the year but Keath soft tissue injuries started in 2021, so it wasn’t just a 2022 issue. I wouldn’t be counting on Keath to impact 2023 at all.
    Is that partly bad management though?

Steven May is the exact same age.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that partly bad management though?

Steven May is the exact same age.
    No. It's chronic.

Keath almost lost his entire athletic career to hamstring injuries as a teenager, hamstrings were in terrible shape.
    It's the main reason he turned his back on football (he was a Suns priority signing) to focus on cricket.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

22. Thanks Scorlibo thanked for this post