Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2625
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yeah bring Egg to the B&F too

Edit: I made Gardeggner
    Attachment 1135
    This should definitely be your new profile pic.

Eggit: I note it actually is your new profile pic.

I gotta say: him?
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'd be looking at Tom Phillips as a DFA/rookie list spot (subject to medical, considering his year this year).
    Had a very good 2018 (played in a GF side, 4th for total kick in the competition) and 2019, and a decent 2021. Delisted by Hawks. Can run, elite outside runner so covers ground well.
    You've been a fan for a while; you were keen on him when it became apparent he was on the move from Collingwood.

Why couldn't he get a regular gig at the Hawks? What is holding him back?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

Speaking of new profile pics I must say I am seeing a strong resemblance between myself and my new profile pic..
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Andrew Wills the flying egg?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Speaking of new profile pics I must say I am seeing a strong resemblance between myself and my new profile pic..
    Is it the guns? I bet it's the guns
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be looking at Tom Phillips as a DFA/rookie list spot (subject to medical, considering his year this year).
    Had a very good 2018 (played in a GF side, 4th for total kick in the competition) and 2019, and a decent 2021. Delisted by Hawks. Can run, elite outside runner so covers ground well.
    I'd rather keep Hunter - Phillips' hurt factor is poor, he isn't quick or strong overhead and it's debatable if he still has that running power.
    W00F!

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened to him? He was a serious good player in that GF. His got a tank, looked like he could mark and not bad kick. We really need to find an Ed Langdon type player

Is Blake ACres worth looking at?

Post Thanks / Like

Her?
    Love it.

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    What happened to him? He was a serious good player in that GF. His got a tank, looked like he could mark and not bad kick. We really need to find an Ed Langdon type player

Is Blake ACres worth looking at?
    Probably but if it's Jones, Lobb and Rowe coming in that probably is close to the extent of what we would do.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Future first rounder might be 14 to 18, who knows. Pick 8 with Port this year is more jucier.
    Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the Dunkley situation if all we do is recruit Jones, Lobb and Rowe and gift further contracts to a host of average only players including Cordy and McComb I look forward to us finishing 10th in 2023.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Aside from the Dunkley situation if all we do is recruit Jones, Lobb and Rowe and gift further contracts to a host of average only players including Cordy and McComb I look forward to us finishing 10th in 2023.
    Especially if the sub par play significant number of games. I’m waiting to see what magic Power and also our chief recruiter can weave. Plus what coach assistants we bring in. Go Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

So Melbourne have the best tap ruckman in the game, and rightly or wrongly they are aggressively chasing possibly the 2nd best tap ruckman in the game. They won a flag 12 months ago, not 6 years ago.

Richmond, rightly or wrongly, are aggressively chasing midfield bulls to bolster an area of clear deficiency. They have won 3 flags since we won ours.

I hope we are similarly doing everything possible to aggressively improve our list balance and depth quality while we have a core group of elite talent.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

17. Likes azabob, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    I think it's misguided to think the only way the team can improve is through trading. Yes it's the most immediate way to add talent to the list but we've seen plenty of circumstances where that hasn't helped (Essendon, for a long time Carlton, Hawks post 2016) and plenty of examples where teams have improved despite trading out players or having senior figures retire. I think of Port's campaign after drafting the likes of Rozee and Butters instead of trading like they had been doing (Motlop, Watts etc)

Sometimes the talent is there and there are just other changes that need to happen in the background that are less obvious to us.I'd love to see us bring in an A grade or B+ key defender but we should still be expecting a better standard from this group of players next year even if we don't manage that IMO.

19. Likes Sedat, azabob, Swoop, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After watching Lobbe tonight surely we have seen enough of him over the years to see he is no good.

21. Likes westbulldog liked this post