Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 102 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2625
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    After watching Lobbe tonight surely we have seen enough of him over the years to see he is no good.
    Do you Bullies, in the year of our lord 2022 here by proclaim Rory Arthur Grimsby Lobb the fairer to be shizen hausen?

Post Thanks / Like

Watching tonight the thing we need is SPEED!

All over the ground we need more speed and athleticism.

3. Likes GVGjr, SquirrelGrip, Dry Rot, Sedat, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Do you Bullies, in the year of our lord 2022 here by proclaim Rory Arthur Grimsby Lobb the fairer to be shizen hausen?
    We fail to play Sweet and Schache and yet are happy to recruit the likes of Lobb and Liam Jones, who has been playing in a 3rd grade competition in Queensland.Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    We fail to play Sweet and Schache and yet are happy to recruit the likes of Lobb and Liam Jones, who has been playing in a 3rd grade competition in Queensland.Go figure.
    If Schache goes and Jones comes in you would have to ask questions.

Lobb I'm warming to

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    If Schache goes and Jones comes in you would have to ask questions.

Lobb I'm warming to
    I am not sold on Lobb being answer to our forward or Ruck options. Why can't Schache become that 2nd forward mobile ruck ,just play him in one position instead of 3?

We are clearly missing hard edge and discipline in the backline, which Wood and Dureya provide plenty of

We need a forward line coach who can instruct the mids and forward line to run to spaces and stop bombing in long. IF they cannot get the ball for mark then bring it to ground and make the smalls crumb.

We need to improve our small forwards or get one who is electric like a Cameron/Rioli type player.

I am sick and tired of seeing teams just wait for us to go forward and we predictably long bomb, which they end up goaling on the rebound.

We also need to review the high intensity game and see how we can run out the matches. Its either through lack of fitness, or control the tempo of the game.

Sydney beat Melbourne because they could control the tempo and were smart in lowering their eyes and kicking into space for their forwards to mark.

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I am not sold on Lobb being answer to our forward or Ruck options. Why can't Schache become that 2nd forward mobile ruck ? Can we just play him in one position instead of 3?

We are clearly missing hard edge and discipline in the backline, which Wood and Dureya provide plenty of

We need a forward line coach who can instruct the mids and forward line to run to spaces and stop bombing in long. IF they cannot get the ball for mark then bring it to ground and make the smalls crumb.

We need to improve our small forwards or get one who is electric like a Cameron/Rioli type player.

I am sick and tired of seeing teams just wait for us to go forward and we predictably long bomb, which they end up goaling on the rebound.

We also need to review the high intensity game and see how we can run out the matches. Its either through lack of fitness, or control the tempo of the game.

Sydney beat Melbourne because they could control the tempo and were smart in lowering their eyes and kicking into space for their forwards to mark.
    Every team plays a high intensity game, and if they don't they get found out just like Melbourne did at times in the home and away series last year and just like they did in the same and finals this year when the whips were cracking and they didn't play with high enough intensity, or if their structure broke down.

The truth is, you need to play a manic style of game, but you also need structure. You can't have it either way, you need both.

If we have to play a high intensity game it's because we don't have intercept relief, or it's because we don't lock it in our forward line to take pressure off the defencive structure.

I expect our midfield and forward connection will improve drastically this coming season. We have a full preseason to get it right and unlike others I don't believe who we have put into the roles at the death are incompetent and a bit of preparation time will go a long way.

My concern is our defencive structure from forward to back, and the cattle we have on the intercept being able to take some pressure off us. Time will tell if we can recruit/ adapt.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Watching tonight the thing we need is SPEED!

All over the ground we need more speed and athleticism.
    Momentum, taking the game on, keeping the ball moving forward out the stoppage, setting up the ground to hold it in and prevent the fast turnover, lowering the eyes - a lot of simple things that we’ve done well in patches are the things that seemingly win the big games (I’m simplifying of course, but I’m not a footy intellect).

Collingwood have a lot of forwards who just know how to impact the scoreboard. Genuine forwards. It makes a big difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Collingwood have a lot of forwards who just know how to impact the scoreboard. Genuine forwards. It makes a big difference.
    This is the big thing for mine. Genuine fwds. They know how to play, they know where to lead. They know how to create space, and they work for each other. Oh to have an Elliott or Mihocek in our fwd 50. This would makes a huge difference. Actual fwds who know their craft instead of what we have going on.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    This is the big thing for mine. Genuine fwds. They know how to play, they know where to lead. They know how to create space, and they work for each other. Oh to have an Elliott or Mihocek in our fwd 50. This would makes a huge difference. Actual fwds who know their craft instead of what we have going on.
    They are genuinely good at their craft. Same with Hoskin-Elliott.However we are comparing a forward line that has loads of experience and are between 29 and 31 years old including Cox, Elliott, Mihochek and Hoskin-Elliott compared to our forward line that in the final were 19, 20, 21 and 22. I don’t think we should be too harsh on our forward line. There is plenty of upside and with the right coaching they will be top of their game in 2 to 3 years and prove very difficult to handle. If we do add in another genuine forward then we have makings of an extremely good forward line.

14. Likes DOG GOD, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    They are genuinely good at their craft. Same with Hoskin-Elliott.However we are comparing a forward line that has loads of experience and are between 29 and 31 years old including Cox, Elliott, Mihochek and Hoskin-Elliott compared to our forward line that in the final were 19, 20, 21 and 22. I don’t think we should be too harsh on our forward line. There is plenty of upside and with the right coaching they will be top of their game in 2 to 3 years and prove very difficult to handle. If we do add in another genuine forward then we have makings of an extremely good forward line.
    I agree. And they need to play together a lot.

So where would Lobb fit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Very true, and the fwd coach needs to be someone who 100% understands what it takes…someone like Josh Kennedy would’ve been ideal.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well this is where we stand:

Jason Johannisen: 2022
    Josh Dunkley: 2022
    Rhylee West: 2022
    Alex Keath: 2022
    Josh Schache: 2022
    Louis Butler: 2022
    Zaine Cordy: 2022
    Taylor Duryea: 2022
    Mitch Wallis: 2022
    Stefan Martin: 2022
    Charlie Parker: 2022 (Rookie)

Could the lot go?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Could the lot go?
    I'd like to hold onto West. Could understand allowing the rest to leave without much of a fight for one reason or another (well we should fight for good payment for Dunks but you get what I mean)

19. Likes bornadog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Could the lot go?
    By rumour, we have a 2 year deal in front of Cordy and Duryea has triggered a 1 year extension.
    Feasibly, we could lose all of the rest although I'd expect Parker gets another 1 year rookie deal.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Heard Mitch will get a one year deal.