Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Does it even need to be North? There are nine teams between us and North in the PSD. Couldn't we just draft him before Brisbane if need be?
    This would be the most crazy ass pick of all time.

2. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Suggestion on Twitter which sounds reasonable

* Brisbane receive: Josh Dunkley + pick 37 (653 points) + pick 65 (90 points)

* Bulldogs receive: pick 15 + 2023 1st round pick + 2023 second round pick
    I get it... but also, 2 or 3, or whatever OK players are not as good as one excellent one. So, shouldn't we be expecting at least something GOOD - IE: A top 10 pick, as part of any package? 2 late firsts and a second, where we're also giving them back our 3rd round and change, doesn't make sense to me.

Do we need points next year for anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Can the Lions match a pick one (2400) with out their first rounder? Be difficult.

I know we had to move on 14 (Treloar trade?) to get JUH.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick 37 (the North Pick) is worth 483 points, 653 points is our 2nd rounder.

It's close to what I suggested.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Where would you put Dunkley in a basic trade G? I would say now, has to be 5-10.

If we use 5 for eg they need to stump up something in draft points around the 1900 mark.

Their first 15 (1112) and a future first at a guess around the same would be fine by me with something coming back from us.

I just don't know how they do it with Ashcroft in the mix.

Are they going to have to trade someone of value out?

8. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is way over my head, but if Brisbane go into a draft points deficit which pushes back their 2023 draft position and we accept this proposal doesn't this result in our draft position going back also?

Surely accepting any future draft picks from Brisbane is a huge risk as the whole Ashcroft and Fletcher father son scenerio's are unknown until draft night.

For mine; we need to ensure any trades with Brisbane are not linked to any future picks.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Where would you put Dunkley in a basic trade G? I would say now, has to be 5-10.

If we use 5 for eg they need to stump up something in draft points around the 1900 mark.

Their first 15 (1112) and a future first at a guess around the same would be fine by me with something coming back from us.

I just don't know how they do it with Ashcroft in the mix.

Are they going to have to trade someone of value out?
    Dunkley is a top 10 pick but Brisbane don't currently have a lot to work with but that will change.
    They are trading out McStay who Collingwood can help them with a couple of picks in the 3rd round and the points will exceed 700.
    That would mean McStay is a mid 2nd rounder in terms of points which seems about right.

Brisbane could also look to trade a player back to us. Mofra has suggested Ballarat boy Lohmann who was an early 2nd rounder last year. A natural half forward might have some appeal. Mof also suggested that we have been interested in Payne who is a key defender.
    If a needs based player is somewhat interested in heading to us it could be worth considering.

By the way it's Ashcroft and Fletcher they need to cover. I'd love to use Brisbane's first round pick this year to bid on Fletcher so that they pay full value but I couldn't see that happening.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    This is way over my head, but if Brisbane go into a draft points deficit which pushes back their 2023 draft position and we accept this proposal doesn't this result in our draft position going back also?

Surely accepting any future draft picks from Brisbane is a huge risk as the whole Ashcroft and Fletcher father son scenerio's are unknown until draft night.

For mine; we need to ensure any trades with Brisbane are not linked to any future picks.
    Future picks don't work that way. If they are traded to us, they become ours like any other pick.

13. Thanks bornadog, azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I get it... but also, 2 or 3, or whatever OK players are not as good as one excellent one. So, shouldn't we be expecting at least something GOOD - IE: A top 10 pick, as part of any package? 2 late firsts and a second, where we're also giving them back our 3rd round and change, doesn't make sense to me.

Do we need points next year for anyone?
    How do Brisbane get a top 10 pick?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How do Brisbane get a top 10 pick?
    They trade Cameron to...someone...(it's us)

16. Likes azabob, bornadog, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley is a top 10 pick but Brisbane don't currently have a lot to work with but that will change.
    They are trading out McStay who Collingwood can help them with a couple of picks in the 3rd round and the points will exceed 700.
    That would mean McStay is a mid 2nd rounder in terms of points which seems about right.

Brisbane could also look to trade a player back to us. Mofra has suggested Ballarat boy Lohmann who was an early 2nd rounder last year. A natural half forward might have some appeal. Mof also suggested that we have been interested in Payne who is a key defender.
    If a needs based player is somewhat interested in heading to us it could be worth considering.

By the way it's Ashcroft and Fletcher they need to cover. I'd love to use Brisbane's first round pick this year to bid on Fletcher so that they pay full value but I couldn't see that happening.
    Isn't McStay a free agent. Collingwood don't give up any picks and Brisbane get whatever is determined fair (?) compensation.

Personally I think we should be asking for a player.

Starcevich as a defender would be on my shopping list, but would also ask about Berry.

A best 22 player plus their first pick is my starting point.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Isn't McStay a free agent. Collingwood don't give up any picks and Brisbane get whatever is determined fair (?) compensation.
    Yep, the thought seems to be that McStay will get them a second round pick (currently 34) as compensation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Future picks don't work that way. If they are traded to us, they become ours like any other pick.
    They are still tied to the ladder position of the original team though. But I believe you are correct in that they wouldn't move due to a Brisbane points deficit as they are no longer their picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    They are still tied to the ladder position of the original team though. But I believe you are correct in that they wouldn't move due to a Brisbane points deficit as they are no longer their picks.
    Yep. That’s right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep. That’s right.
    So if the Lions have a remarkable fall like the Demons of 2019 we get a top 5 pick if we get their future first.

The rooting thread is going to be in over drive!