Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
Page 11 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Managment thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I likey.
    Yeah, big yes for me. Solves a big issue for us, need to find another one tho can't go into next season with our current defender issue.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I likey.
    What would it take to satisfy Freo?

Couple of second rounders?

Future first?

Player? (not sure what they need)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    In that case I was wrong.
    No Danjul never admit defeat! xD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    What would it take to satisfy Freo?

Couple of second rounders?

Future first?

Player? (not sure what they need)
    In the great tradition of WOOF trade discussion it's time to revert to our usual formula when it comes to trading in a decent player: offer them quantity.

Ergo I suggest for Logue we offer them McNeil, Butler, R Smith, Lukas Webb, Cam Faulkner, Tim Callan, Nathan Saunders, Jayden Schofield and Ayce Cordy.

Then we must argue most vehemently that they're fools for not immediately accepting it.

If we need to sweeten the pot we could chuck in Brad Murphy too.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes jeemak, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Weirdest contract negotiations ever. It’s like both parties are going way over the top to prove how chill with each other they are.

It’s definitely got me reading all the tea leaves though. He’s playing more forward, which is bad, but less relief ruck, which is good. He also celebrated a goal by high fiving the cheer squad a few weeks back, which is good, but then he didn’t do any crowd work this week. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN???
    He didn't mention Treloar in that grab either.

Jeemak mightve got his man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    In the great tradition of WOOF trade discussion it's time to revert to our usual formula when it comes to trading in a decent player: offer them quantity.

Ergo I suggest for Logue we offer them McNeil, Butler, R Smith, Lukas Webb, Cam Faulkner, Tim Callan, Nathan Saunders, Jayden Schofield and Ayce Cordy.

Then we must argue most vehemently that they're fools for not immediately accepting it.

If we sweeten it with a free performance by "Darce and the Dogettes" we may just have something EW.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne clubs informed as Fremantle defender shuts down contract negotiations

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/17/melbourne-clubs-informed-as-fremantle-defender-shuts-down-contract/

Griffin Logue has put contract talks on hold at Fremantle as the in-demand defender edges closer to a move away from the club.

Sources at multiple Melbourne-based clubs said they have been informed that Logue has shut down negotiations with the Dockers until the end of the season.

It comes as the key position stopper last night expressed his frustration at a lack of game time under Justin Longmuir this year.

Logue has been dropped twice in the first nine rounds, including the week after receiving coaches votes in a Round 4 win over GWS.

“For myself it is a bit frustrating. I haven’t felt like I’ve wavered too much in terms of my own form and obviously we’re in a really good spot at the moment where we’ve got a lot of depth to build off,” Logue told Channel 9 Perth.

“Unfortunately, people are going to miss out and that’s been me a few times.”

The Dockers stand out in a marketplace crowded with clubs searching for key defenders. Alex Pearce, Heath Chapman, Brennan Cox, Joel Hamling and Logue are all fighting over key position spots.

West Australian Logue said he wanted to stay at Fremantle, but the 24-year-old is also prepared to hear what other clubs have to offer ahead of the trade period.

“I’ll let that sort itself out. For now, it’s a pretty simple focus on playing the best footy I can personally, but more so as a team to see where we can take it,” Logue said last night.

A No.8 pick in the 2016 national draft, Logue played his 50th game in the loss to Gold Coast last weekend
    He just wants to see what people will offer him and then go back to Freo for a pay rise
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He seems to get better each year. Really happy with the way he is progressing.
    He is starting to mature and is almost 25 years old but only played 30 games. What I do like is he is growing in confidence. He has even gone for a mini run, baulking a couple of players then kicking to a target.

1eyedog mentions Dale Morris like stats. He is the first player I thought of when I looked up his spoils and 1%ers stats

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we sweeten it with a free performance by "Darce and the Dogettes" we may just have something EW.

I live my life actively avoiding seeing Darcy and his shit takes. Please never make me experience that again.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I live my life actively avoiding seeing Darcy and his shit takes. Please never make me experience that again.

14. Likes azabob, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Weirdest contract negotiations ever. It’s like both parties are going way over the top to prove how chill with each other they are.

It’s definitely got me reading all the tea leaves though. He’s playing more forward, which is bad, but less relief ruck, which is good. He also celebrated a goal by high fiving the cheer squad a few weeks back, which is good, but then he didn’t do any crowd work this week. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN???
    Feels a bit like "Dunks, you didn't want to hang around so we've got you at the bottom of our people to recontract list. I mean, we want you to stay, but not at the expense of the other dudes - so we'll let you know how many $ are left later in the year and if that's enough, sweet, and if not, we'll get our trade on".

Which, he's probably fine with. If the $ Essendon were going to offer him (was it $800k?) were true, he won't be getting that at the Dogs. Not sure Ess would still offer it either but anyway, Dunks may have an eye on a big pay day.

I'd like to keep him, and English, and Baz, and Dale, and Daniel... we may not though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He just wants to see what people will offer him and then go back to Freo for a pay rise
    Is he though? There's some interesting language in that and a bit of an undercurrent of "I'm playing as well as I can, and doing it consistently, and still not getting a game all the time - so b*gger it... I'm up for going somewhere I'll get a regular game..."

And hopefully .. "I also want to go somewhere with a good core group that will be in the mix for flags immediately, given Freo are heading in that direction..."

And hopefully.. "Like the dogs. I feel like I'd almost be the missing piece over there. Me and Lobb. Maybe we do a double deal?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Is he though? There's some interesting language in that and a bit of an undercurrent of "I'm playing as well as I can, and doing it consistently, and still not getting a game all the time - so b*gger it... I'm up for going somewhere I'll get a regular game..."

And hopefully .. "I also want to go somewhere with a good core group that will be in the mix for flags immediately, given Freo are heading in that direction..."

And hopefully.. "Like the dogs. I feel like I'd almost be the missing piece over there. Me and Lobb. Maybe we do a double deal?"
    I thought the same it was an interesting interview. Seems legit wants out.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same it was an interesting interview. Seems legit wants out.
    anyway, too short for us

19. Likes hujsh, Grantysghost, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For all that we should probably get Lobb as well. Maybe Freo to provide some cap relief if we add in McComb

21. Likes EasternWest liked this post