Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    No. It's chronic.

Keath almost lost his entire athletic career to hamstring injuries as a teenager, hamstrings were in terrible shape.
    It's the main reason he turned his back on football (he was a Suns priority signing) to focus on cricket.
    Ah right. Thanks didn't know that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    No. It's chronic.

Keath almost lost his entire athletic career to hamstring injuries as a teenager, hamstrings were in terrible shape.
    It's the main reason he turned his back on football (he was a Suns priority signing) to focus on cricket.
    Then he shouldn't be on our list next season.

Is Bruce cooked too?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Then he shouldn't be on our list next season.

Is Bruce cooked too?
    The amount of games he played in 2022 triggered next seasons contract.

I don't know about Bruce, I thought he was cooked in 2020 and then 2021 he was really good? Not sure where he first though should we get Lobb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm of the same opinion that we need to hit the draft hard this year and try to address some of our needs. It's a strong draft and we could bring in some excellent prospects.
    I agree with hitting the draft hard with Dunkley capital but to clog a list with more 2nd raters whilst not chasing a top ruckman I can't agree with. If English doesn't pan out as the champion centre square ruck he insists that he is , or if he gets injured - who rucks given the animosity on here towards Sweet ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    I agree with hitting the draft hard with Dunkley capital but to clog a list with more 2nd raters whilst not chasing a top ruckman I can't agree with. If English doesn't pan out as the champion centre square ruck he insists that he is , or if he gets injured - who rucks given the animosity on here towards Sweet ?
    No one has animosity towards Sweet. He is just not ready to be a number one ruck, and he is a poor second ruck.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Sweet is worth sticking with and is our only genuine back up if English, as you point out, gets injured.
    I think we might even need to bite the bullet and play both of them on occasions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet is set of a Gorringe / BTC style career. Genuinely ok as a back up no 1 ruck for a few games but I'm not sure he develops into the guy who carries a ruck division. He's similar age to English
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

WINGMAN WEIGHING UP WESTERN BULLDOGS FUTURE

Lachie Hunter is no certainty to be at the Western Bulldogs next year.

Hunter has two years to run on the five-year deal he signed in 2019, but there is a chance he could be playing elsewhere in 2023.

While Hunter’s recent exit meeting was said to be positive, the 27-year old is weighing up whether to seek a fresh start.

It remains unclear whether the Dogs would – or could – engineer a trade.

A father-son pick in 2012 and a premiership player in 2016; the wingman has endured a challenging past few years at Whitten Oval.

He was left out of the senior side in the Dogs’ season-opener against Melbourne and made the medi-sub, but played from the opening bounce after Jason Johannisen was injured in the warm-up.

Hunter then took indefinite leave a month later to deal with personal issues and didn’t return to the senior side until Round 16.

He featured only 10 times this year – the same amount of games as the 2020 season in which he lost the vice-captaincy and was suspended for four games for a drink-driving offence.

The Western Bulldogs will lose Josh Dunkley to Brisbane in the upcoming exchange window, while Johannisen, Josh Schache and Zaine Cordy are assessing their options.

The Dogs will welcome Liam Jones back to the club, while trying to satisfy Fremantle in a trade for Rory Lobb.

9. Thanks bulldogtragic, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would Hunter get us anything better than a 3rd round pick? We might even need to chip in a bit to assist the move.

Post Thanks / Like

Would Hunter get us anything better than a 3rd round pick? We might even need to chip in a bit to assist the move.
    As I mentioned in another thread, if Hunter was to go ideally I’d like to look to a club/player in the same boat with a talented but salary comprised players. The rumour mill has the list at Grundy, Mitchell, Williams & Hill. Bowes is more salary dump.

Same wage for both clubs, but both clubs hoping to teturn their new player to their absolute best.

Pick 30+ and paying cash is not a great outcome.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Would he be interested in a Freo move?

Acres goes there's an obvious position, he has a couple of old mates there and they're a team on the rise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, if Hunter was to go ideally I’d like to look to a club/player in the same boat with a talented but salary comprised players. The rumour mill has the list at Grundy, Mitchell, Williams & Hill. Bowes is more salary dump.

Same wage for both clubs, but both clubs hoping to teturn their new player to their absolute best.

Pick 30+ and paying cash is not a great outcome
    It's an exceptionally poor outcome but sometimes you have to cut your losses.

Post Thanks / Like

It's an exceptionally poor outcome but sometimes you have to cut your losses.
    What is so bad that losses need to be cut so badly?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What is so bad that losses need to be cut so badly?
    I don't think there is a lot of downside in keeping Hunter at the club but if his heart isn't in it we might have to accept unders.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is a lot of downside in keeping Hunter at the club but if his heart isn't in it we might have to accept unders.
    My biggest concern would be if he is actually a destructive influence. I could live with the 2022 version of Hunter (onfield output wise) where he is improving the depth of the 22 a bit. We definitely need to cut our losses if he is being a 'bad influence'.