Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Happy to drive Zaine to any interviews!
    As long as you aren't Lachie Hunter that should be fine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    This is a valid point. Does anyone know if that is the case? He has definitely had his issues. Is he a popular player at the club? Is he generally liked? How professional is he in regards to preparation? Has he sorted out his off field issues?
    Can report from my own club source.

His time off this year for 'personal reasons' was for rehab, drinking. He has a booze problem, promised the club to get off the booze after his infamous car crash, didn't, was caught out again this season getting completely blotto' during the days between games, and it's blown up in his face, coaches and players alike have basically given up.

Cannot confirm what was said at his exit interview but a few other insiders have said it wasn't great and he was encouraged to look elsewhere.

Also one of the reasons that Dunkley has wanted out both in 2021 and now, no love lost between those two as I'm lead to believe.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

3. Thanks Scorlibo, Mofra, boydogs thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit torn on what you have detailed Vred.
    Part of me wants to say it's probably time for him to move on and the other part say he may need our support more than ever.

I guess if Hunter asks for a trade I'd do what I could to accommodate it.

On trade radio neither Cornes or Lloyd think there will be another club interested
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post

His time off this year for 'personal reasons' was for rehab, drinking. He has a booze problem, promised the club to get off the booze after his infamous car crash, didn't, was caught out again this season getting completely blotto' during the days between games, and it's blown up in his face, coaches and players alike have basically given up.

Cannot confirm what was said at his exit interview but a few other insiders have said it wasn't great and he was encouraged to look elsewhere.

Also one of the reasons that Dunkley has wanted out both in 2021 and now, no love lost between those two as I'm lead to believe.
    That's quite sad to hear. I'm sure that we have been supporting him, but there are a few bridges burned in that story. Easy to see why both parties would want a fresh start.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I reckon JJ can still be good for us. Good delivery into F50, still reasonably quick and a mature influence. Good news.
    Agree. Play him off half back where he can run straight at the ball and hit up a target further down the field. Like the JJ of old where he used to get tagged of half back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Agree. Play him off half back where he can run straight at the ball and hit up a target further down the field. Like the JJ of old where he used to get tagged of half back.
    Do you think JJ could be a decent winger for us? I'm warming towards either moving him to the back line or playing him off a wing.

9. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a soft spot for Lachie and I like his father and son status so it would be a shame to lose him. BUT if he wants to move elsewhere for whatever reason then we should facilitate that. He is immensely popular within the playing group.
    I'd be throwing my arms out to greet him if he decided to stay.

11. Likes bornadog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the ‘father son’ factor and popular mate argument.

But, we need more spark through the midfield so Lachie needs to go. The fact that we might save a few hundred grand is a bonus in my view.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be a sad way for Lauchie to leave the club. I hope, firstly, that he can sort out any issues he has that are detrimental to his life. On the surface, sounds like he's walking a path many have before and hopefully he can get the help he needs. I'd love that to be at the club. I also get how, at some point, enough is a enough and maybe tough love is required.

I guess I hope the best decisions are made for the PERSON, then the CLUB... then finally the FOOTBALLER (which is also the person but different perspective!)

14. Likes jazzadogs, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a sad state of affairs with Lachie, he's been through a lot and it seems to have taken its toll. At this point I just hope he and his support network have an awareness of what the best next step for him looks like. If that's a fresh start at another club so be it, if he needs to stay a Bulldog then we wrap our arms around him and get to work again on his welfare.

On field I think he's a gun, and we have been struggling to fill that wing position in his absence this year.

Dunkley - leaving problems behind rather than becoming part of the solution, good riddance.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

16. Likes bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Dunkley - leaving problems behind rather than becoming part of the solution, good riddance.
    I don't think we can assume Dunks is leaving because of problems. The move makes the most sense for him and his partner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Such a sad state of affairs with Lachie, he's been through a lot and it seems to have taken its toll. At this point I just hope he and his support network have an awareness of what the best next step for him looks like. If that's a fresh start at another club so be it, if he needs to stay a Bulldog then we wrap our arms around him and get to work again on his welfare.

On field I think he's a gun, and we have been struggling to fill that wing position in his absence this year.

Pretty weak of Dunkley if it is true that Hunter is a reason to leave.

I would prefer we keep Hunter as he has been a pretty good footballer and often a barometer, however, if he feels a fresh start is better all around, then so be it. Hopefully he has sorted out all his problems.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jay Clark:

Western Bulldogs will prime its defence with the additions of Liam Jones (ex-Carlton) and potentially Adam Tomlinson (Melbourne) who could not get a game, as well as contracted Fremantle tall forward Rory Lobb. They'll face a fight on Lobb but his agent, Colin Young, is also helping Griffin Logue exit Fremantle to most likely North.

With Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Sam Darcy in tow, the Dogs are braced for a major play this October in a bid to bounce back up into flag contention.

Watch them be brave

What does that look like I wonder?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Jay Clark:

Western Bulldogs will prime its defence with the additions of Liam Jones (ex-Carlton) and potentially Adam Tomlinson (Melbourne) who could not get a game, as well as contracted Fremantle tall forward Rory Lobb. They'll face a fight on Lobb but his agent, Colin Young, is also helping Griffin Logue exit Fremantle to most likely North.

With Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Sam Darcy in tow, the Dogs are braced for a major play this October in a bid to bounce back up into flag contention.

Watch them be brave

What does that look like I wonder?
    ...Hurley is finally coming?

Post Thanks / Like

Brave!?