Thanks Thanks:  254
Likes Likes:  1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management thread (For 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Sadly they are now the Reason Party. Maybe he writes in the Sex Party in protest
    He's no longer our man.

2. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I had this thought yesterday. It seems worth a shot. I feel like he’s made a decent fist of the forward role, but reckon he could be of better use upfield. We certainly could use speed all over the park.
    With Lachie leaving it could free up the wing for JJ although another left footer would be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Hmm who to trust throbbinglovehammer69 on bigfooty or Mark Stevens?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    What side of politics is TGH69?
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Australian Sex Party.
    Case closed. Locked in as "trustworthy source".
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Geez we're taking a BF poster as gospel now. Sheesh.

What next a random egg Twitter user?

6. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Hmm who to trust throbbinglovehammer69 on bigfooty or Mark Stevens?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    What side of politics is TGH69?
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Australian Sex Party.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Geez we're taking a BF poster as gospel now. Sheesh.

What next a random egg Twitter user?
    Stop attacking me.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Can report from my own club source.

His time off this year for 'personal reasons' was for rehab, drinking. He has a booze problem, promised the club to get off the booze after his infamous car crash, didn't, was caught out again this season getting completely blotto' during the days between games, and it's blown up in his face, coaches and players alike have basically given up.

Cannot confirm what was said at his exit interview but a few other insiders have said it wasn't great and he was encouraged to look elsewhere.

Also one of the reasons that Dunkley has wanted out both in 2021 and now, no love lost between those two as I'm lead to believe.
    Hope we can somehow trade Hunter to the Lions.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

10. Likes Swoop, F'scary, josie, immortalmike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I've been thinking about the great man a lot recently. His position move made sense at the time as clubs were putting time into him and he struggled with the attention.

His move forward made sense, he has pace and class that we lack in the front half. Due to the nature of his role, his impact has slowly decreased combined with his injuries.

His move hasn't been missed with the emergence of Daniel, Dale, and Richards. However, this year with Duryea missing a chunk of games, we really struggled containing dangerous small forwards such as a Cameron, Walters, plus more.

Can JJ be the man to go back and find a balance between negating and attacking. He can play on those dangerous forwards, still provide us with run and elite kicking skills, and he won't get the attention he used to.

We have options with JJ - keep him in the front half, move to a wing or cover small forwards deeper in our backline.

What will benefit our team the most? And where will we best maximise his abilities?
    Pretty sure that during the seasons where he was getting the attention mentioned he finished in the top six or seven in the B&F?

I thought the move was to inject some pace into a forward line sorely lacking in it, whilst accommodating a move back for Dale.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Any interest in Narkle from Geelong? On the way out.

He has some talent / tricks but hasn't put it together. I don't see a lot of him, and I'm weary if Geelong haven't been able to get him to the level required, but he's better than a few on our list.

It's the likes of Narkle which infuriate me when we re-signed McComb.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Any interest in Narkle from Geelong? On the way out.

He has some talent / tricks but hasn't put it together. I don't see a lot of him, and I'm weary if Geelong haven't been able to get him to the level required, but he's better than a few on our list.

It's the likes of Narkle which infuriate me when we re-signed McComb.
    Narkle has pace and has some good foot skills . I get a sense he drifts out of games and can go missing . It’s a tough midfield to crack Geelong . If Close is playing there who is a poor kick , then they must be hitting all their KPIs. Agree if we have McComb ahead of Narkle I am politely puzzled on our KPIs

I would like to also have a crack at recruiting or Sam menegola, his now behind a few of their players

Did we have a real crack at getting Arces ? Ross Lyon was talking him up as having a breakout year and potentially being a good wingman

14. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Brisbane took on Bowes and somehow were able to give us pick 7 (moving to 8) as part of the Dunkley trade could we be tempted to package up picks 8 and 12 for a shot at pick 2 from the Eagles?
    Eagles might be tempted because a few of the WA boys who are rated are more likely to be available from around pick 10.
    Pick 2 will become pick 3 but the likes of Cadman, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Tsatas and even Phillipou could be very tempting for us plus a big news story could be a positive.

Or could we potential split pick 8 or 12 and look to have a few picks in the top 30?
    The draft will thin out after that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If Brisbane took on Bowes and somehow were able to give us pick 7 (moving to 8) as part of the Dunkley trade could we be tempted to package up picks 8 and 12 for a shot at pick 2 from the Eagles?
    Eagles might be tempted because a few of the WA boys who are rated are more likely to be available from around pick 10.
    Pick 2 will become pick 3 but the likes of Cadman, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Tsatas and even Phillipou could be very tempting for us plus a big news story could be a positive.

Or could we potential split pick 8 or 12 and look to have a few picks in the top 30?
    Without knowing the draft class, I think our list is in a position where we're better off (hopefully) taking 2 very talented kids in as opposed to 1 star, or multiple mid-rangers in the second round.
    W00F!

17. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

We could go for Pick 2 but we'd be better off with 8 and 12. Two different types of players and great support for the Marra/Darcy era.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

19. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Without knowing the draft class, I think our list is in a position where we're better off (hopefully) taking 2 very talented kids in as opposed to 1 star, or multiple mid-rangers in the second round.
    To be fair, I think taking two VERY talented players is always better than 4x who all have fleas on 'em...

Top 10 picks: Bont, Macrae, Stringer, Naughton, Smith...it really does roll off the tongue as the best players in our team. Others up the top on Charlie Sutton night? Richards (another first round pick), Treloar (top 10 from another club), Daniel (a genius thought of as too small), Liber (father-son), Gardner (plucked out of our butts) and Dale (mid-range selection).

Dunks of course was a first round pick who Sydney could have taken...

Who else? English was a first rounder...loading up on late selections doesn't help us. Getting a future 3rd in the package for Dunks wont help us...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd personally prefer two high picks (top 15) over one super high pick (top 4-5), but otherwise agree with MJP. Draft is a crapshoot once you hit the 20s on.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Hope we can somehow trade Hunter to the Lions.
    If all we are getting is pick 30-something (as I read in this thread), I hope he stays. He finished the year off well, suggesting he will be back to his best next year. I rate him still as a player, obviously. I doubt he is a bad influence, the other players would just give him the cold shoulder if he played up.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon